PDA

View Full Version : colour coding

patto
17-10-2005, 09:25 AM
Im looking to get my car colour coded (black strips and number plate housing) and was wondering if anyone could hook me up with a good and cheap spraypainter? I've been to 5 places and they quoted me around 400-600 just for the strips and housing. Ive been reading a number of threads where people have been getting it done for around 250-300 dollars! Does anyone know a place that would do it for cheap? Around this price?

Note: I do not wanna DIY so please no suggestions telling me that I can do it myself.

luzinit
17-10-2005, 09:34 AM
if u wanna get it done properly and u dont wanna do any labour DIY in terms of removing or prepping the parts for painting, then paying 400-600 is normal dude. i paid 250 but thats cos i spent alot of my time taking all the bits off and installing it back on myself.

cheers

mrwillz
17-10-2005, 09:34 AM
geez 400-600

mmm.. wot area are u from?

Banana
17-10-2005, 09:44 AM
Im looking to get my car colour coded (black strips and number plate housing) and was wondering if anyone could hook me up with a good and cheap spraypainter? I've been to 5 places and they quoted me around 400-600 just for the strips and housing. Ive been reading a number of threads where people have been getting it done for around 250-300 dollars! Does anyone know a place that would do it for cheap? Around this price?

Note: I do not wanna DIY so please no suggestions telling me that I can do it myself.

I reackon u could do a DIY, cheaper and its not that hard for colour coding

taizon
17-10-2005, 10:37 AM
you should be able to get it done a lot cheaper than 400-600
it only costs about 300-350 to get a a front bar sprayed from scratch

if you can DIY.. giv it ago, wil save u heaps

patto
17-10-2005, 11:05 AM
I dont mind pulling bits off etc. I just didnt really wanna paint em. Whats the best way to pull the black strips off? I tried doiing it from the outside and I snapped one of the little clips. Do i have to take door trims out? What about on the bumpers? DO they hafta come off?? And how do u get the number plate housing off?

Bluish
17-10-2005, 11:08 AM
just paid $300 for mine (door strips, front and rear bumper strips, side skirts, rear number plate housing and front grille's frame), i am in Melbourne :)

mj3610
17-10-2005, 01:00 PM
yeah u have to take ur door trims off to take them out, but its really hard to put them back on. why dont u call jetspeed see what they say, im getting my front left fender guard sprayed and fitted there for half the price of what nearli all wreckors told me, call and talk to a chik named sabrina and ask how much she charge, then ask how much if u just want them sprayed and u pull and put it on urself.
BTW what color is ur car?

fusion_VTi
17-10-2005, 01:11 PM
mate of mine got his hole car colour coded, went back next week to fix em up and they'd shut down, $900 saved!

patto
17-10-2005, 01:47 PM
yeah u have to take ur door trims off to take them out, but its really hard to put them back on. why dont u call jetspeed see what they say, im getting my front left fender guard sprayed and fitted there for half the price of what nearli all wreckors told me, call and talk to a chik named sabrina and ask how much she charge, then ask how much if u just want them sprayed and u pull and put it on urself.
BTW what color is ur car?

Yeh thats what I thought...I dont wanna do any damage to the car. My car is silver. Yeah I'll give her a call. Maybe we can get some group discounts happening if we get enough people?? Thanks for your help

**Ghost**
17-10-2005, 02:29 PM
got ur pm dude

if ur in melbourne u can get it done for around 250-300 depending which civic u got... Hing Cheong in mitcham does cheap work, but its a longggggggggggg wait

luzinit
17-10-2005, 03:53 PM
also some places who do it cheap mite leave it on the car and mask it and paint. but if u can do it properly at a good price, its all good! to get the side mouldings u have to get behind the front guard, remove door trims, and remove interior rear trim! also number plate is easy, just gotta remove the rear hatch trim. in terms of the ones on the bumpers. the rears u can just stick ur hand up, the front u gotta take bumper off. cheers

xtercii
17-10-2005, 07:02 PM
I got quoted today, respraying front and rear bar, side skirts and all the mouldings for around 750.

Z
17-10-2005, 07:17 PM
mate of mine got his hole car colour coded, went back next week to fix em up and they'd shut down, $900 saved!

What a ripper of a post. I actually laughed when I read this.

civtir
17-10-2005, 10:23 PM
just paid $300 for mine (door strips, front and rear bumper strips, side skirts, rear number plate housing and front grille's frame), i am in Melbourne :)

Just wondering, where did u go and how was the quality of the job? What colour car?

patto
17-10-2005, 10:40 PM
I got quoted today, respraying front and rear bar, side skirts and all the mouldings for around 750.

Where abouts u located? If in sydney could u tell me where u went? That seems fairly reasonable

Bluish
18-10-2005, 08:28 AM
Just wondering, where did u go and how was the quality of the job? What colour car?

they at clayton and my car is blue, PM me if you want their details

evilsub
18-10-2005, 12:36 PM
we (dt panels) can do it for fairly cheap if you just want us to mask it up and spray

we did it to an eg civic last week, but thats black, so any imperfections around the edges arent as noticeable

it will cost more if you want us to remove them and paint it seperately (labour for removing door trims, etc etc)

send me a pm if you want more details =)

xtercii
18-10-2005, 03:44 PM
The place I called is at Moorebank. Try 9601 1064 and look for Sam. Also I called jetspeed today, they quoted me around 1000.

mj3610
18-10-2005, 04:12 PM
talk to a smash repairer and see how much they will charge u to take off the door strips and put them back on the next day, i called jetspeed they said $150 to spray them, so all up i think u can get away with it for $300-$400