PDA

View Full Version : low ass car-jack?

fried
17-10-2005, 04:28 PM
umm... does anyone know of really low car jacks? or do they just use the manual one to lift the car slightly, then fit the hydraulic underneath!?

fly_vti
17-10-2005, 04:31 PM
the ones that come with the car are usually really flat. the gold ones. i used them on my car and my uncles and they were both low. and worked (Y)

CTR Coupe
17-10-2005, 04:36 PM
Drive your car on to some blocks of wood. That’s the easiest way to do it. There are low profile jacks but it’s probably just cheaper/easier to drive onto some planks of wood.

poid
17-10-2005, 04:46 PM
blocks of wood are easy and cheap :)

otherwise companies like snap-on have good low profile ones

VT3C
17-10-2005, 05:12 PM
blocks of wood are easy and cheap :)

otherwise companies like snap-on have good low profile ones

yeah no-doubt that the Snap-On ones are exceptional but they probably come with an exceptional price-tag :(

I dont reccomend using your OEM jack if you have coilovers or hard suspension set-up.. I find with EG hatch and EK/EJ coupe that it tends to lift up the WHOLE SIDE OF YOUR VEHICLE (not just one corner) and we've killed 3 OEM jacks from this so far.. once the Jack completely collapsed and I was left holding the car's weight in my arms !!!!

honda_b_blastn
17-10-2005, 05:40 PM
yer a low profile long reach snap on one will cost you $500-600ish...:)

SKREMN
17-10-2005, 06:30 PM
I got this one of ebay for $300 its fully aluminium light weight trolley jack
just fits under my car and its fairly low
works well
just gotta shop around there is a few out there

crxzzR
20-10-2005, 11:32 PM
If u have Access to a heavy v6 like a toyota camry or so.. just use the jack from that..
i've used my old camry jack on my lowered CRX and mate's s15's, WRXs etc...
Works well.. has a SWL of 750KG ... so it's heaps..
after raising it up enough just get a trolley jack underneath..
make sure u use safety stands as well..
to remove just transfer the weight of the car from the trolley jack to the toyota-like jack..
and yeh ... the rest is logical

spetz
20-10-2005, 11:52 PM
I drove onto fairly skinny planks of wood
Then manouvre the standard jack from where the wheel is, pass it behind and then jack it up a bit, and from then on use the hydraulic jack... the car is very low...

bennjamin
21-10-2005, 12:16 AM
Eric , im lookign at a snap-on alloy jack...its about $400 here in Sydney...but , lasts a lifetime apparently and is rebuildable...

http://www.rockcrawler.com/features/newsshorts/04june/snapon_jack.asp