PDA

View Full Version : New to Honda Accord Euro ....

BlackKnight
07-03-2004, 04:10 PM
Hi guys...I just joined this forum ehh 7 minutes ago, n was wondering if i can get advice from most seniors in tha forums...
I ordered a Nighthawk Black euro luxury Auto from the dealer n negotiate for a while :x for 46 grand :roll: , Is that reasonable? is there anything that i have to know b4 purchasing this euro... :roll: thx guys

cheers,

McChook
07-03-2004, 04:14 PM
I thought the Luxury was a $9K Premium on standard...

BlackKnight
07-03-2004, 04:29 PM
standard is 35K i think...am I paying too much??? oh gosh...

BlackKnight
07-03-2004, 04:39 PM
ANyone in SYdney knows wheere is the cheapest honda dealership for accord euro?? do they have the same price? cos it will save me time on window shopping cos i hate introducing ma self to the stupid sales consultant over n over again!! they are wolves dress up like the sheep....damn i hate them sooooooo...... thx guys....appreciate for the tips...

BK

bigdongers
07-03-2004, 06:07 PM
46k is about standard for a lux auto on the road. I know someone who got his for 43 on the road in perth. it was one they had in stock though. if its gotta come from Japan, they are not as willing to discount.

McChook
07-03-2004, 06:10 PM
Ah, yeah, $2K premium on the standard price, so yeah, thats the RRP

BlackKnight
07-03-2004, 06:20 PM
okie.... thx bigdongers and McChook....i'll see what i can do to make the price lower :x .....thx guys.... :o

yfin
07-03-2004, 07:54 PM
okie.... thx bigdongers and McChook....i'll see what i can do to make the price lower :x .....thx guys.... :o

BK - How are you going to get the price lower now? I thought you have ordered it already? 8)

The Luxury is $6550 more than standard model. Auto adds $2000. The Luxury Auto is $42,800 + ORC.

Your price of $46k is effectively the full list price. No real shame in paying full price for such a great car.....

BUT - If you still have the opportunity to bargain - I think you can get a better deal. Go for $44k on the road with mats.

BlackKnight
07-03-2004, 08:14 PM
LOL make the price lower by praying maybe LOL nah i reckon 46Gs is alright well should hav told me earlier yfin i didnt know euro luxury can go as low as 44Gs + ORC..cos ma fren just bought it for 47.5Gs i think its a RIP OFF...
Ps: LARKE HOSKIN HOMEBUSH SYDNEY is a F**cking RIP OFF.....(thats where ma fren bought his car)
btw r u international student yfin??

BK

yfin
07-03-2004, 08:23 PM
Nope - not an international student. Lived in Melbourne all my life.

47.5k sounds very high - your friend must have gone for some extras (lets hope!).

By the way, are you really sure you want the auto? The 6 speed manual is a lot more fun.

yfin
07-03-2004, 08:25 PM
Sorry - just re-read your post.

When i said 44k plus mats - that is all up price - not +ORC.

BlackKnight
07-03-2004, 08:33 PM
hehe u suprised me when u said 44K i was thinking u r so gud in negotiating

LOL would luv a hand in negotiating yfin...yea ma poor fren is so DOWN when

he knows he is being RIP...nah ma fren didnt hav any extras...

wats so gud bout the 6MT? cos i hav been driving manual cars in ma country

n hate stepping on tha clutch when on a traffic jam GRRRR kills my left fooT.

hey yfin, do you reckon i can ask for free mats for 46Gs? will they ask for

extra fees? thx bro

BK

yfin
07-03-2004, 08:49 PM
hehe u suprised me when u said 44K i was thinking u r so gud in negotiating

LOL would luv a hand in negotiating yfin...yea ma poor fren is so DOWN when

he knows he is being RIP...nah ma fren didnt hav any extras...

wats so gud bout the 6MT? cos i hav been driving manual cars in ma country

n hate stepping on tha clutch when on a traffic jam GRRRR kills my left fooT.

hey yfin, do you reckon i can ask for free mats for 46Gs? will they ask for

extra fees? thx bro

BK

I like to think I am good at negotiating on price! The only catch is it takes time and the ability to walk away if you don't get the price you want.

Whether or not you can now ask for mats depends on whether or not you have signed a contract.

You could speak to the dealer about a better deal including mats - but why would they want to renegotiate once you have paid a deposit and put down an order! If you are having cold feet - tell the dealer - they may be prepared to give you the mats (they are worth $180-200).

IN terms of the manual - take it for a drive. It is a light clutch and gear box to work. It is a lot faster than the auto. The manual could be your opportunity to get a better deal... after driving the manual - if you like it - you can try to renegotiate a deal on the car. If you get more than $2000 off your $46k for the manual you are in front.

BlackKnight
07-03-2004, 08:57 PM
i doubt they r gonna allow me to change to manual :( since after me putting a DP. well it didnt say anything about me getting free mats in tha contract...but i will try n ask them. if they refuse i'll give them a nice big POPEYE punch LOL just kidding.yea i'll try talking to tha dealer n see if i am lucky enough to put the free mats into tha contract. wish me luck thx oh regarding the 6MT i had enough of manual cars bro but i will take into consideration but i am not speed cos sometimes ma mums comes over n drive she hate MT car so small chance of me getting a MT car..

BK

McChook
07-03-2004, 09:13 PM
Until you have signed, you can do whatever you want

euro77
07-03-2004, 10:17 PM
It might not be easy to get a deal on the new euro because of the high demand of the car at the moment. But good luck negotiating anyway. No matter how it goes, you won't be disappointed with the euro.

bigdongers
08-03-2004, 12:27 AM
Mats are one accessory that you should be able to get for free in any Honda. I have never ever paid for mats on any of my hondas. Even 2nd hand cars I bought from a dealer!

yfin
08-03-2004, 08:02 AM
It might not be easy to get a deal on the new euro because of the high demand of the car at the moment. But good luck negotiating anyway. No matter how it goes, you won't be disappointed with the euro.

This sort of comment is perpetuated by dealers. When I purchased my Euro in November 03 there was a 3 month wait and high demand.

I still got a good deal and saved thousands off RRP.

Slugoid
08-03-2004, 01:46 PM
I have the exact same car, and when I got it, they quoted us around $46K as well. We didn't get much through negotiating, but we were able to haggle for more in our trade in. So in other word, I reckon you can do better ;) On the off chance you can't, as them to chuck in stuff like floor mats, window tinting, paint protector etc.

As for manual vs. auto, I have the auto version and it's pretty good for an auto box. The sequential shift actually works and quite useful. Though I really wished I had the 6-speed manual...

BlackKnight
08-03-2004, 03:31 PM
i guess i cant negotiate enimor :cry: .....well u guys reckon 46K is a reasonable price for euro auto luxury??? i believe u guys.....i'll definitely ask for mats thou.... :x well i was hoping they can put in some extras (full factory bodykits) :D well i doubt thou....

BK

BlackKnight
08-03-2004, 03:32 PM
Is the euro still on high demands at the moment??? i thought its been out for a while already?? i guess it is a bloody gud car after all......

BK

Slugoid
08-03-2004, 11:04 PM
It's still on high demand imo, cos I've seen more and more of these on the road all the time. Only released here June/July last year, so I believe there's still a high demand for it.

The best way to get a deal is to get connections, as in know people who work here. I have a friend in my car club who has bought a manual luxury around July last year. Got it for RRP, but he also got all the accessories (floor mats, full body kit, tinting etc.) The body kit alone is around $4K, so imagine the savings he got ;)

vxexec
09-03-2004, 12:00 PM
I believe that the dealers are still a little reluctant to negotiate but i suppose that means that you have to haggle harder.

I managed to negotiate my wifes manual luxury to $42k on road in Feb. This includes tint, mats, boot liner, tank of juice, key ring.......................

BlackKnight
09-03-2004, 09:31 PM
I believe that the dealers are still a little reluctant to negotiate but i suppose that means that you have to haggle harder.

I managed to negotiate my wifes manual luxury to $42k on road in Feb. This includes tint, mats, boot liner, tank of juice, key ring.......................

really??geez i should hav do wat u did then..well....its a bit late aint it? anyway congrates matey.... :o but as i say i'll squezze them sum thing extra for ma euro thou such as u said, mats, boot liner <----wats this??, etc...

BlackKnight
09-03-2004, 09:34 PM
It's still on high demand imo, cos I've seen more and more of these on the road all the time. Only released here June/July last year, so I believe there's still a high demand for it.

The best way to get a deal is to get connections, as in know people who work here. I have a friend in my car club who has bought a manual luxury around July last year. Got it for RRP, but he also got all the accessories (floor mats, full body kit, tinting etc.) The body kit alone is around $4K, so imagine the savings he got ;)

i appreciate u guys telling me all these great savings but it kills me cos i cant do anything bout it can I :P
:x :x :x ...... :cry: :cry: :cry: .......oh well watever......lucky friend u got eh..... :D

BK

vxexec
10-03-2004, 06:49 AM
The boot liner is a rubber mat that protects the boot floor from spills: say from shopping etc. - I know that it's probably not necessary but I just wanted to see how many things the dealer would throw in to secure a deal :D

BlackKnight
10-03-2004, 07:32 PM
they should have throw more extras yea...unless they r tight *ss...which they are really

BK

Reagan
24-05-2004, 12:45 AM
Cool you got the same car as me =)

Gazball
27-05-2004, 08:40 PM
i paid $46 for my euro lux auto.
w/ spoiler, car mats, gold badging, full tank of petrol.

so u would at least wanna get that

bigdongers
28-05-2004, 12:57 AM
i paid $46 for my euro lux auto.
w/ spoiler, car mats, gold badging, full tank of petrol.

so u would at least wanna get that

was that 46k on the road?

also which state are you from? 46k is a pretty darn good price :)

Gazball
28-05-2004, 11:11 PM
yeah 46k drive away no more to pay,

i am in Country Vic

Reagan
03-06-2004, 04:31 PM
I got mine for 46k

Luxury
with kit / spoiler

VirIIx
04-06-2004, 01:52 AM
I got mine for $41500 OTR, $700 Spoiler, $150 Headlight Protectors, $150 Mudflaps, Free matts.

Was suppose to be a 2 weeks wait, shipment comes in today now.. i think, get it early next week. Arctic Blue.

Ordered it on Wed :)

and yes Luxury Manual

So works out to be $42500 OTR with with extra bits

aaronng
04-06-2004, 11:49 AM
Anyone know where in Sydney can I go to get a good priced Euro Manual (non-luxury)? I tried asking Larke Hoskins and Rick Damelien, but they want RRP + $3000!

Aaron