PDA

View Full Version : Review- Winmax Pads on my EK1!

turtleEK1
17-10-2005, 05:17 PM
Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

hey guys! just writting up a review about the Winmax 0-500deg pads i'd purchased!

well i got them and were installed on sunday (yesterday) and since then i'd drove around town abit and home from my relatives place which is about 300kms by h'way... and they made a huge difference to stopping! from 100km/h you can stop sooo quick. i feel alot more safe that i could stop quicker to avoid an accident now!

plus driving around streets they're not insanely grippy that you lock up all the time, they just work fine for street! plus i couldn't help myself to go open it up somewhere to give them a burl and they helped slowing down for cornering great!! don't make any noise at all and being 0-500 deg i know it would take a fair bit for them to start fading. i hadn't tried like endless or bendix, but for a bit extra i reckon these would work a treat! just need some slotted rotors and should be great for racing on track now.

they look pretty cool too being a bright orange/red through the rims!

so thats my opinion on the winmax pads i got! i recommend them for those who want to try abit of track work but still drive on street! plus thanx trav (egSi) at undergroundimports for tracking these pads for me too! i know how much time he put into finding these ones for me!

cheers guys! safe drivin!

Wynode edit: Added disclaimer

lerroy
17-10-2005, 09:45 PM
good write up :P

egSi
18-10-2005, 08:27 AM
shit thats sweet dave :thumbsup:

i look forward to seeing some winmax dust on those wheels on sat lol :p

thanks for the review. post a pic LOL. :D

fyi guys, dave has ek4 front and rear brakes on his ek1 sedan :thumbsup:

tegboy
18-10-2005, 08:33 AM
How badly do they brake dust?? I have chrome and white rims, that I hate to have to clean all the time..

nedgeworth
18-10-2005, 09:34 AM
Nice work Dave! The big test will come this weekend for them :D

EG5[KRT]
18-10-2005, 12:30 PM
whats on this weekend ?

egSi
18-10-2005, 03:27 PM
']whats on this weekend ?

j.sport meet/'test' day :thumbsup:

turtleEK1
18-10-2005, 07:56 PM
How badly do they brake dust?? I have chrome and white rims, that I hate to have to clean all the time..

like the other guys have been saying... i'll let you know after this sat! hehehe

|N|
29-04-2006, 12:09 AM
i htink i might be lookin into these soon

n/a
29-04-2006, 01:04 AM
i htink i might be lookin into these soon

me too, anyone know how this goes on and off track>?

|N|
29-04-2006, 01:07 AM
thats wat i want to know....

trav can i test drive them?

me too, anyone know how this goes on and off track>?

egSi
29-04-2006, 12:57 PM
dave tracks his car with these pads. he says there is zero fade etc.

fatboyz39
29-04-2006, 01:13 PM
do they work better with slotted rotors??

nice write up, might invest in these soon.

PaZzMaN-R
29-04-2006, 06:22 PM
yeh these pads work great on the track!!! no fade at all!!! and i gave them quite the workout... break dust is as good as oem imo. they do look fantastic with the red shining through the calipers:)

best thing about these pads are when you need them and jump on the breaks boy oh boy do they work. they do not eat your rotors. not extremely bity so perfect for street use. they also dont need to be warmed up.

just a quick question... i was told they need to be run in tho or you can make grooves in them or something. can someone pls confirm this.