PDA

View Full Version : Rpm signal sensor?

pocketrocket
17-10-2005, 07:21 PM
Hi, I just wanted to know where the rpm signal (TA) sensor is located in an EG VTi hatchback, i found the computer but dunno what colour the wire is or where the connector is located. :confused:

Thanks.

iamhappy46
17-10-2005, 09:10 PM
It is a blue wire that will come out of your distributor, go thru the connector next to your brake master cylinder and into your dashboard, to run your factory tacho.
I assume you want to connect a monsta tacho or something?? Just cut the blue wire about 10cm from where it comes out of you distributor, then run a new length of wire into your cabin and onto your new tacho.

ECU-MAN
17-10-2005, 11:28 PM
Hi, I just wanted to know where the rpm signal (TA) sensor is located in an EG VTi hatchback, i found the computer but dunno what colour the wire is or where the connector is located. :confused:

Thanks.

TA is old skool name for IAT ( intake air temp ) it stands for Temp Air
RPM has no sensor, its picked up from the negative side of the coil. like pocketrocket says, blues wire at RH shock tower near master cylinder.

pocketrocket
18-10-2005, 09:01 AM
Thanks alot guys, I knew you help me out. Lets hope i can find it now. :)

pocketrocket
18-10-2005, 09:17 AM
Hi guys, is the TA wire for the rpm just plain blue?

civ_sik
18-10-2005, 09:33 AM
yes its a blue wire and it should have a black connector on the end and it is probaberly taped to the other wires there..