PDA

View Full Version : Putting Custom Sterring Wheel in 95 EG with Airbags . . .

eghatch_95
17-10-2005, 07:58 PM
Hey everyone,
I drive a 95 eg hatch, ive got a new steering wheel, but cant change coz old one has airbag in it. 2 Questions . . .

1) How do i get the old one off?
2) ive been told doing this will void my insurance...whats the sitch with that?

Than in advance for ur help.

{EDIT} Sorry for wasting ur tym..hav searched the forum n realised stupid to remove airbags...}

mugeneration
17-10-2005, 08:15 PM
1) Disabling your SRS (also illegal and voids your insurance), then go about the process of removal, ive never bothered learning how, seeing as how you get shafted by both the law AND insurance.

2) Your car was made in the factory with an SRS airbag. This airbag adds to its safety capacity. Any alteration to you car which reduces this capacity can be a danger to you, to future owners of your car, or (somehow) any person you may be in an accident with. Thats why its illegal. And thats why it voids your insurance.

NOTE: Insurance companies usually insure items which are defectable as obtaining an engineers certificate makes it legal. Though for future reference, if you have something on your car which needs an engineers certificate and you are in a serious accident, your insurance company may void your insurance because of this. Bastards, i know.

eghatch_95
17-10-2005, 08:25 PM
thanx mate..after posting i searched the forum and realised it was a stupid idea...thanx for the info but..

cheers.

jackosimm
17-10-2005, 08:41 PM
problem solved!:)