PDA

View Full Version : H emblem help

Waggy
18-10-2005, 11:12 AM
I bought a Red H emblem to fit to the boot of my EM1 - I have noticed after fitting though (I had to pry out the blue plastic inserts that hold the OEM one in so it would fit) that the bottom of the badge doesn't hug the curves of the car and therefore doesn't stick well.

Has anyone else had this problem and knows a good fix so the holes already in the car don't rust at all and the badge fits sweet?

Zdster
18-10-2005, 12:04 PM
So the badge itself is a slightly smaller shape?

I guess if it really annoyes you you could grab a genuine red H from Honda?

Waggy
18-10-2005, 12:07 PM
No no - it's the same size, it just doesn't curve inwards liek the boot of my EM does.

Would the OEM ones really be that different? Which would suit my EM? A DC5 one maybe?

evilsub
18-10-2005, 12:27 PM
dc5 ones arent curved

we just filled in the holes on my friends civic coupe, and painted over it

thats one solution

i dont remember any honda badges being curved.. maybe your original one is smaller, and doesnt hit the curve on ur boot

Waggy
18-10-2005, 12:34 PM
What did you fill the holes with?

It's the same size!

evilsub
18-10-2005, 12:37 PM
oh really.. im stumped unless you take pics ? hehe

filled the holes with welding rods. then smoothed over with filler, then resprayed =)

Zdster
18-10-2005, 12:54 PM
Are you able to simply bend the emblem a little bit to make it fit? Might be one option I guess. Or simply just fill the wholes and dont worry about it being a little short.

ekslut
18-10-2005, 01:05 PM
Ages ago I had the same problem on my accord. The badge that you bought, the back is flat and it needs to curve to follow the lines of the boot yeah?

The only solution I could think of was to sand back the badge so it follows. But it was all too hard so I didn't bother.

I dont think its worth all the work

egSi
18-10-2005, 01:13 PM
I dont think its worth all the work

agreed, oem will look cleaner imo, maybe if u want a different look, shave it off?

Waggy
18-10-2005, 01:21 PM
Yeah ekslut - that basically my problem - I think I might buy some filler and make it look neat- I will be shaving the other badges off though.

I like the red H though, so I will be keeping it one way or another! :)

ekslut
18-10-2005, 01:50 PM
yeah, just get some filler. Easiest way.

*closed*