PDA

View Full Version : clutch :(

b-defekt
07-03-2004, 09:12 PM
hey guys i decided to go with the Accord EXi, picked it up for $8,600 but the clutch is totally gone..
I was wondering if anyone in Melbourne, eastern suburbs preferably, who can recommend a place where i can get a new heavy duty clutch and installed.

Your help appreciated
Thank you

BlackKnight
07-03-2004, 09:22 PM
Sorry cant help cos i am in sydney...but just curious...wat do u mean gone?dont u realise it when u inspect the car b4 u bought it? gudluk hope it is fixed soon n get back on the road K....

BK

EuroAccord13
08-03-2004, 01:32 AM
Hi there;

I'm sure many mechanics can do the job for you. All you need to do is go pick up a decent clutch that u fancy.

I can refer you to a few mechanic if u like in the Eastern of S.E Suburbs.

CHEERS

poid
08-03-2004, 07:27 AM
Any decent mechanic will be able to do it. As for the clutch itself, i've picked up an Exedy organic heavy duty for mine. Though i cant say what its like, since it is waiting to be installed in the next couple of weeks

Cheers :)

b-defekt
08-03-2004, 10:16 PM
Thanks guys...yeh i'll go clutch hunting tommorro morning and i'll try DIY myself then..

Much thanks

Bye

toE
08-03-2004, 10:41 PM
DIY?? that's a lot of work man....gluck.

poid
09-03-2004, 07:49 AM
if you wanna DIY hope you're familiar with mechanical work, it takes a fair bit of effort.

Having a workshop manual helps though (check the technical section, there is a link to a PDF accord workshop manual, worth its weight in gold!)

soul4real
09-03-2004, 08:21 AM
Poid how much did you pick up your clutch for ?
I just dropped my car off at the mechanic to get the same clutch put in, heavy duty pressure plate with organic clutch. $500 for the clutch, $300 for labour.

poid
09-03-2004, 09:02 AM
i picked it up at trade price so a little cheaper than that. Not sure how much the labour will be, somewhere around $150-200 is what i'm expecting as that is what it cost to fit the clutch in my bro's lude at the same guy (a family friend)

b-defekt
10-03-2004, 12:18 PM
Hi guys thanks for all the info.
My friend works at Repco and says he can get an exedy clutch for me for around 500...
I was also wondering, Would the current Accord gearbox I have need to be changed if in future i put a H22a in? because if i do put the exedy clutch in, it would seem much of a waste if I only get to use it for a couple of months and then need to replace it.

Thank you

poid
10-03-2004, 01:52 PM
the H series and F series gearboxes are interchangable on any F or H series engine, only difference between them that i know of is the actual gear ratios.

It would be best to contact Daikin and make sure the clutch will be OK (just in case there is, for some reason, a difference in clutches), but i reckon it should be