PDA

View Full Version : Sway bar sizes

ekslut
19-10-2005, 01:42 PM
What sway bar sizes are people running on their cars. Im looking mainly at 88-91 civic/crx's. But everyone post up your sizes and what you think of your combo. Like do you get oversteer, understeer, or is it neutral when pushed?

[ricer]
19-10-2005, 05:41 PM
good thread dude
i think i should have done this before i ordered mine

i ordered in a rear 22mm with heavy duty mounts and a tiebar
not sure how its all gonna go
should be here in a week or so, tell u how it goes then? haha

btw its a ek civic....

chameleon
19-10-2005, 10:46 PM
just got my 22mm rear bar on my ek sedan. I also upgraded the front to 27mm.
there is such a big difference. still a little understeer but it happens at a higher speed.
my 22mm rear bar is adjustable and i have it on the softest setting to be safe.

overall i am soo happy with these upgrades.

btw i also increased my caster(whiteline kit).

wynode
19-10-2005, 11:07 PM
its castor ;)

20-22mm Whitelines blade adjustable rear bar (set at 22mm)
Rear lower tiebar
24mm front sway bar
Castor kit

All on a EG sedan and at the track I would call it neutral. Nothing near oversteer (but no under steer either).

20-10-2005, 01:24 PM
its castor ;)

20-22mm Whitelines blade adjustable rear bar (set at 22mm)
Rear lower tiebar
24mm front sway bar
Castor kit

All on a EG sedan and at the track I would call it neutral. Nothing near oversteer (but no under steer either).

so you get a even (as in no understeer and no over steer) corner.? would you get the same effect even without the castor kit.. wyn you got similar to wat i got on my ek.

egSi
20-10-2005, 02:12 PM
i have 22mm rear sway bar + lower tie bar + heavy duty mounts on eg.

i prolly have a lil bit of understeer, i want a front sway tho.

aozora
20-10-2005, 03:05 PM
i have 22mm rear sway bar + lower tie bar + heavy duty mounts on eg.

i prolly have a lil bit of understeer, i want a front sway tho.

Little bit of understeer = Slightly bigger rear sway bar :p
Adding a bigger front will just make it worse...!

wynode
20-10-2005, 04:16 PM
so you get a even (as in no understeer and no over steer) corner.? would you get the same effect even without the castor kit.. wyn you got similar to wat i got on my ek.

Possiblye yes. I found the castor kit mainly gives you better turn in and takes out the 'slopyness' in the steering that civics tend to have ;) We're kinda going off topic so yeah :)

20-10-2005, 10:32 PM
my bad. thanks for the info.

well i got the same setup as wyn. minus the castor kit. on ek hatch. yet to test... seems like it will have abit of understeer, and the rear will be on softest setting. for st and track ill try both.

bennjamin
20-10-2005, 11:17 PM
wel i am running the exact same setup as Wyn above ( which funnily is mostly his lol) and i feel the car is holding great - i have been running extremely dodgy tyres (IE bald) and the car still grips areound corners like a cat to carpet :) Cant wait to put the rpf1's + yoko rubber on :)

wynode
20-10-2005, 11:41 PM
Once you have the tyres on........it will be pretty much my car (minus the boot) LOL

ekslut
21-10-2005, 08:41 AM
Yeah, thats pretty much the same setup I am going to run too. K-Mac 24mm front sway bar, with a 22mm ITR rear sway bar, and A-Spec rear subframe brace.

I am considering 23mm rear sway bar too, coz I can get a new 23mm ITR sway bar for about $10us cheaper than a used 22mm ITR sway.

So trying to decide to get the new 23mm or used 22mm.

21-10-2005, 12:57 PM
maybe if you can borrow a 22mm itr sway for a day and test it out with the rest of the gear, that way you can see if 22mm is enough.

new is always better than 2nd hand. but 1mm. not sure now much effect it will have.

ekslut
21-10-2005, 01:28 PM
Yeah, thats why I want to get new, but I dont want too much oversteer.

As for the difference in strength, check out this site: http://www.whiteline.com.au/docs/bulletins/010barup.pdf

The difference is that the 23mm will be about 19% stiffer than the 22mm.

Not a bad idea about borrowing the swaybar though. Maybe ill just convince my mate to let me have a go at his.

chameleon
21-10-2005, 01:43 PM
Just wondering what is the width of the stock front roll bar on the ek1?

ekslut
21-10-2005, 01:54 PM

Were getting off topic here. Back to what you have and how you car feels...

string
24-10-2005, 09:00 PM
I'm running a 22mm whiteline bar on the stiffer setting (24mm~) on my DA Integra. For mounting I just drilled the holes where the DC2 would have stock mounts. I'll get some pics up tomorrow.

My tyres are letting me down at the moment so I can't really comment on how neutral the handling feels since it understeers terribly and feels a little sloppy with turn-in due to bad allignment and 290,000k old bushings. However, soon all to be replaced!

D16Y
25-10-2005, 01:13 AM

its 22mm. :honda:

freakygeek
25-10-2005, 01:36 PM
its castor ;)

You're wrong... he was right. It's spelt "caster". ;)

kousoku
25-10-2005, 01:45 PM
Your both wrong.

caster Show phonetics
noun [C] (ALSO castor)
a small wheel, usually one of a set, that is fixed to the bottom (of the leg) of a piece of furniture so that it can be moved easily

Definition
castor Show phonetics
noun [C]
ANOTHER SPELLING OF caster

freakygeek
25-10-2005, 01:47 PM
Your both wrong.

caster Show phonetics
noun [C] (ALSO castor)
a small wheel, usually one of a set, that is fixed to the bottom (of the leg) of a piece of furniture so that it can be moved easily

Definition
castor Show phonetics
noun [C]
ANOTHER SPELLING OF caster

haha... Fine fine OK. You just rarely see it spelt "castor" when referring to alignment settings. All the major tyre company websites etc seem to spell it "caster".

wynode
25-10-2005, 03:51 PM
LOL

Owned!