PDA

View Full Version : Euro R Bodykits

Ferrarista
19-10-2005, 04:06 PM
Hey guys,

*Ive tried the search feature, no luck :(

Im looking for a EuroR body kit, the only place i can find one is at IS Motorracing and the only have the genuine for $2800, this is alot more than i want to spend.

Does anyone know where else i can get one? A replica would be great.

I went to this link and droped him an email, what do you think of it?

http://firesport.ipspace.com/?section=item&action=show&id=19964

TwEigh
19-10-2005, 04:23 PM
a trader sell a replica of euro-r for $1000 here.. the trader name is driven performance
it made from rubber which is better than fibre glass

Ferrarista
19-10-2005, 04:25 PM
a trader sell a replica of euro-r for $1000 here.. the trader name is driven performance

See, thats what i dont understand. Why is rubber better? the only memory of rubber i have is the old wings on the torana, and they faded like nothing else.

I though a solid fibreglass kit would be better..?

TwEigh
19-10-2005, 04:33 PM
well in term of durability..

not really sure about the fading issue, can always repaint it though.
with fibre glass u also need to repaint after 1 or more years. depending on how good the paint u used on the kit

euro1978
19-10-2005, 04:43 PM
I doubt it will be rubber

Its probably some sort of extruded plastic which would be similar to a genuine kit and I agree is better than fibreglass.

you can't paint rubber so its not a possibility.

Fibreglass is ok as long as its been done properly which is seldom the case in Australia.

Tobster
19-10-2005, 05:17 PM
You could try getting a quote from some of the traders listed in the forum who regularly import stuff from Japan.

However, (and some people may disagree with me) I tend to find that you get what you pay for with body kits -- and a cheap replica price often gives you a cheap replica product, which doesn't fit or sit on the car properly.

Personally, I'd rather go without or save for the genuine product...

TwEigh
19-10-2005, 05:54 PM
point for u to note is in most EURO-R replica kit, the fog light cover doesnt fit properlly..

you need to put modification into the kit

Ferrarista
19-10-2005, 05:56 PM
point for u to note is in most EURO-R replica kit, the fog light cover doesnt fit properlly..

you need to put modification into the kit
Didnt you have one? if so what modifications were needed?

TwEigh
19-10-2005, 06:07 PM
I choosed not to modified it..
and it ended up little gap in the fog light cover..

the modification should be custom fibreglassing

BusterSonic12
19-10-2005, 06:34 PM
was the difference between euro r bodykit, and euro r lip? how much difference? anyone got photos of them?

Fr3aKi3
19-10-2005, 11:03 PM
The "rubber" i think ppl are referring to is PU rubber, or Poly-Urethane (i think thats what PU stands for... i'll have to double check). It's advantage over fibreglass is that its more flexible, so it wont crack/break as easily. However the drawback is that if something does go wrong its not as easily fixed as fibreglass where you can just patch up with fibreglass kits.

was the difference between euro r bodykit, and euro r lip? how much difference? anyone got photos of them?

They look very similar, the lip is just an add-on to the stock front bar. With the actual Euro-R bodykit the front bar is a single piece, so u dont see any joint lines unlike the lip kit. As for pricing i got quoted 3000 for a genuine Euro-R kit which included the front bar, side skirts and rear although i can't remember if that included fitting or not. The lip kit (aftermarket) i've seen for 1000, unpainted and no fitting.

yfin
19-10-2005, 11:17 PM
They look very similar, the lip is just an add-on to the stock front bar. With the actual Euro-R bodykit the front bar is a single piece, so u dont see any joint lines unlike the lip kit. .

Not so sure about this part - the Euro R kit I have has a join line - it is actually very similar to the oem Australian kit save for the fog light area which is colour matched.

Ferrarista
19-10-2005, 11:44 PM
Not so sure about this part - the Euro R kit I have has a join line - it is actually very similar to the oem Australian kit save for the fog light area which is colour matched.
you have a EuroR kit????

Where did you get it from?

yfin
19-10-2005, 11:50 PM
you have a EuroR kit????

Where did you get it from?

Yeah, full kit inc grill in my garage! Will fit it when I get back from o/s in 2007. One of the members here sold it to me - a genuine kit on a promo Honda vehicle in Melbourne. Thats how I got the honda lowered suspension too (which now installed is way better than I was expecting). All of this was one off items - I am sure if he can get more he will let us all know. Top bloke too ;)

Ferrarista
19-10-2005, 11:57 PM
Yeah, full kit inc grill in my garage! Will fit it when I get back from o/s in 2007. One of the members here sold it to me - a genuine kit on a promo Honda vehicle in Melbourne. Thats how I got the honda lowered suspension too (which now installed is way better than I was expecting). All of this was one off items - I am sure if he can get more he will let us all know. Top bloke too ;)

...and you will let me know :D Or perhaps if you run short of cash you might want to sell it :)

yfin
19-10-2005, 11:58 PM
Im looking for a EuroR body kit, the only place i can find one is at IS Motorracing and the only have the genuine for $2800, this is alot more than i want to spend.

Hey Ferrarista - is that price for the genuine kit so bad? Even if you get a cheap replica kit the painting is going to cost a fair bit ($1000+?). And you will not have the grill.

At least the genuine kit is pre-painted.

Nah -not selling my kit. Even if I was it would really only be worthwhile for someone with the arctic blue. Painting is not cheap!

That said - if you can get painting at a good price the $480 this person wants is not bad at all.

Ferrarista
20-10-2005, 12:02 AM
Hey Ferrarista - is that price for the genuine kit so bad? Even if you get a cheap replica kit the painting is going to cost a fair bit ($1000+?). And you will not have the grill.

At least the genuine kit is pre-painted.

Nah -not selling my kit. Even if I was it would really only be worthwhile for someone with the arctic blue. Painting is not cheap!
I never asked if the kit was pre-sprayed, i didnt think it would be...would it?

I can get it sprayed and fitted for $500, then the question of the grill comes into play it will probably end up costing the same.

Im just really suprised that no one has came out with an aftermarket kit like the mugen one, whats the go with that.

yfin
20-10-2005, 12:07 AM
I never asked if the kit was pre-sprayed, i didnt think it would be...would it?

I can get it sprayed and fitted for $500, then the question of the grill comes into play it will probably end up costing the same.

Im just really suprised that no one has came out with an aftermarket kit like the mugen one, whats the go with that.

Yes - all genuine OEM Euro body kits are pre-painted - Euro R kit included! And it is a perfect colour match :thumbsup: Really the price you were quoted isn't so bad - the Australian OEM kit costs more and that doesn't factor the value of the Euro R grill.

$500 sounds quite a good price for the paint job and fitting. The Euro R grill isn't so cheap - if you search around I think you will find a post by Euro77. Including shipping to Australia it was well over $400 but that included everything including hood trim.

What do you mean aftermarket kit like the mugen one? You can get the replica mugen kits here. The lucky star kit is also becoming common.

BusterSonic12
21-10-2005, 12:53 PM
could some post up a photo of mugen kit, and a photo of euro r, please!!! :rolleyes:

also, if i get a euro r lip, does it fit perfect on the oz euro? :confused:
cheers :wave:

Ferrarista
21-10-2005, 05:34 PM
Yes - all genuine OEM Euro body kits are pre-painted - Euro R kit included! And it is a perfect colour match :thumbsup: Really the price you were quoted isn't so bad - the Australian OEM kit costs more and that doesn't factor the value of the Euro R grill.

$500 sounds quite a good price for the paint job and fitting. The Euro R grill isn't so cheap - if you search around I think you will find a post by Euro77. Including shipping to Australia it was well over $400 but that included everything including hood trim.

What do you mean aftermarket kit like the mugen one? You can get the replica mugen kits here. The lucky star kit is also becoming common.
What i meant by after market is a replica kit, like you can get the mugen one as a replica.

Just to clear things up, Basically the EuroR kit is skirts all around the car right? Its not actually a new front and rear bumper..?

euro77
21-10-2005, 07:43 PM
What i meant by after market is a replica kit, like you can get the mugen one as a replica.

Just to clear things up, Basically the EuroR kit is skirts all around the car right? Its not actually a new front and rear bumper..?

that's right, the euro-R complete kit is a set of side skirts, one front lip and one rear lip. You can buy these separately though. And like yfin said, all euro-R kit comes pre-painted with perfect colour match. you just need to tell the seller your paint code.

BusterSonic12
21-10-2005, 08:24 PM
that's right, the euro-R complete kit is a set of side skirts, one front lip and one rear lip. You can buy these separately though. And like yfin said, all euro-R kit comes pre-painted with perfect colour match. you just need to tell the seller your paint code.

so euro kit, are actually just lips? :confused:
and it fit the oz euro perfect? right? :thumbsup:

euro77
22-10-2005, 10:13 PM
yes, it fits perfectly for any accord euro (cl9 or cl7, they both share the same shape).

BusterSonic12
23-10-2005, 06:01 PM
cool, thanks...
but any1 have photo's of mugen kit?

pretend3r
25-12-2005, 11:35 PM

Cant seem to find driven performance. Any1 else knows any places in melbourne that has euro-r kit replicas???? abs plastic/fiberglass any will do.

enkay
11-06-2006, 11:55 PM
hmm with the euro r kit thou dont we have to modify the foglights???

stephen8512
12-06-2006, 12:01 AM
Cant seem to find driven performance. Any1 else knows any places in melbourne that has euro-r kit replicas???? abs plastic/fiberglass any will do.

username = driven