PDA

View Full Version : Review - JDM EG9 FOGLIGHTS

nedgeworth
21-10-2005, 12:31 PM
[JDM EG9 FOGLIGHTS] (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30475)

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Well I spose we shall get this show on the road! As I can hear all those little voices in your heads asking the questions man has for centuries!!

First impressions when I’d opened the box I was thinking this is going to take me all of about 30minutes to install, the quality of everything is just what you expect. Boy was I in for a shock… starting to read through the install manual that was included I was somewhat stumped into how this was going to fit! Well a little while later it finally kicked in when the excited died down that the instructions are for the HATCH! (Stay posted I will be writing up a little DIY to keep everyone on track and not become confused reading through the useless junk in the manual!)

So off came the front bar and straight into cutting out the plastic with a sharp Stanley knife. This didn’t take too long at all. With just a little trim here and there till they fit how I would like. Now upon placing them in I noticed that only 3 out of the 4 wholes in the bracket actually line up! This is where the OEM thought went right out the window. Right side secured down by three screws into the respective OEM whole seemed to hold without a problem at all. Left side was somewhat the same except for the outer casing was slightly off centre, only really noticeable up close. Now we shall proceed onto the cabin wiring, yes new paragraph is on the way.

Looking back I wish I’d burned the user manual as soon as I’d pulled it out of the box! Wiring is completely different, and also tells you too pull apart things there is really no need for ie. Casing around your steering wheel. After being somewhat frustrated at this point and just wanting things in and working I was rushing trying to made heads or tails of the wiring being completely different. Basically I put all the frustration to the user manual. The wiring is actually pretty straight forward all plug and play. Now that this was done and my back was pretty freakin sore from being upside down I decided it would be best to leave everything in pieces in case I’d screwed something up. Now what was next… another tantrum of me wanting to go to bed and sleep yes… actually I believe it was the engine bay wiring and finding a firewall spot I could get through.

This is very straight forward. Nice grommet just underneath the battery tray and I was back inside the cabin so I was set for that. Just needed to route all the wires, which was all good and well till I got to the point of just behind the front headlight where your wash bottle sits. Seeing as there is a bolt just behind the headlight that is impossible to get too unless you remove it I decided to keep on going! Really should have taken it out. Would have been done in two seconds. 40 minutes later and swearing at my back I was all done wiring. Now in my DIY I will actually tell you another grommet you can use which is on the opposite side of the firewall which will make it all the more pleasant for you.

Business time, connecting the lights with my front bar still on the ground to make sure everything works. Too my delight perfect!! :D Next came a hitch… in a mad rush to get my bar back on I noticed that my horn was directly behind the left fog (as I’d moved it from the right side of the car previously for my CAI which is now gone, yes in the identical spot on the passenger side so I assume people will have to move there horn). I was able to squeeze my bar back on and stress about it for the rest of the night because it didn’t fit properly. Being in a rush I didn’t bother moving the horn. So next day home from work, straight back too it. Remove front bar, and find that there are two other wholes in which I can mount the horn too. So I move it too the whole that is just below the headlight. Front bar back on and she fits like a dream!!

In closing and looking back on everything, if it wasn’t for the user manual this would have been quite a lot less stressful. I was disappointed with the brackets not correctly fitting but not much you can do about that, also the cabin switch is slightly off colour and glows a completely different colour to all your OEM gear. More than anything this is worth it just for the customised look it gives too your front end, don’t expect great visibility with these as there not all that noticeable whilst your driving. As long as you follow my DIY I write up you’ll be a happy camper!!

Also like to thank Trav (egSi) for putting up with me stressing they were fitting and what not. Someone had too, just glad it was me and not one of you other guys that are looking into buying these. Definitely worth the money IMO.

This is your captain signing off *beep beep*

*added some pics, will be updated later*

http://nedgeworth.cainer.net/Pics/IMG_1360.jpg

http://nedgeworth.cainer.net/Pics/IMG_1364.jpg

http://nedgeworth.cainer.net/Pics/IMG_1368.jpg

UPDATE: Here's a link to the install guide that comes with for those of you that did not receive it.
CLICK HERE!! (http://nedgeworth.cainer.net/index.php?dir=Service/&file=EG9%20Fogs.pdf)

egSi
21-10-2005, 12:43 PM
damn, sorry it was a kent to fit neal, but omg they look so much better.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

civiceg9
21-10-2005, 01:19 PM
JDM nice

jdmlvn
31-10-2005, 04:20 PM
loking good.. real good..

VTi_b0i
02-12-2005, 11:34 AM
sweet write up :)
just what i was lookin for :p
thanks mate...

MoDCoN
02-12-2005, 10:04 PM
when will trav get ones for the hatch??? hmmm?

VTi_b0i
10-12-2005, 01:01 PM
hey mr Nedgeworth, u cumin to sydney anytime soon? haha i need help putting mine in :(

nedgeworth
08-03-2006, 08:51 PM
Sorry guys i've totally forgotten about that DIY. Pretty sure i have half of one written up somewhere!! First post has been updated with Install manual for those that have requested. :)

VTi_b0i
08-03-2006, 09:03 PM
thanks! mine r STILL in the box waiting to be put in after like wat? 6months? lol and now i have angel eyes sitting next to them after 3months LOL HELP ME! haha

heist
08-03-2006, 09:47 PM
hey vti boi, im doing mine tomorrow night....if u want me to take pics just tell me what u want

VTi_b0i
09-03-2006, 09:05 AM
lol ill cum over n we can do both at the same time :p