PDA

View Full Version : P-Plates on rear window, Demister problem?

Delta_One
21-10-2005, 12:48 PM
Will having P-Plates on my rear window muck up the rear window demister?
I have those lines that make the window go all clear.

They are those mesh P-Plates ones, It will be on the lower left hand corner.
It's a 93 Accord EXi.

Where does everyone else keep theirs to overcome this if it is a problem?

Don't know if this is the right forum for this...

Dxs
21-10-2005, 12:51 PM
I doubt it would.. but i have my rear P plate contacted to the rear window.
As in clear book contact. Had to do it because of the cops though because of my tint :/

edit: now that i think about it.. if u can tint a rear window i am sure a platic p plate wouldnt effect the dimister either.. (just awoke :star: )

Delta_One
21-10-2005, 12:58 PM
I doubt it would.. but i have my rear P plate contacted to the rear window.
As in clear book contact. Had to do it because of the cops though because of my tint :/

edit: now that i think about it.. if u can tint a rear window i am sure a platic p plate wouldnt effect the dimister either.. (just awoke :star: )

Ahh yeah, Im getting tinting done in a month or couple weeks, so im sure it wouldn't hurt.

I heard those mesh ones are sticky on the P plate front of it so it sticks to the window, but I might just use bluetack or something, so yours is on the outside of the window now but stuck to it?

Tobster
21-10-2005, 03:10 PM
The mesh ones just rely on static electricity to hold them to the glass -- they won't affect your demister in the slightest.
You won't need blutac -- it will stop them sticking as well as they could. I had them a looooong time ago...

Delta_One
21-10-2005, 03:12 PM
Yeah, I got some this arvo and I thought they were actually sticky, but there not, so I just wacked them on, much better then my plastic ones sticky out of my plates.

Thanks for info

h22a accord
21-10-2005, 04:35 PM
just jam a plastic one uder your number plate for an authentic look.