PDA

View Full Version : Firing Order

Flanderz
23-10-2005, 02:31 PM
hey guys, im doing my head gasket on my integra 90, whats the firing order and which piston is number 1?

wynode
23-10-2005, 03:17 PM
#1 cylinder is the one closest to the timing belt.

Make sure you torque up your headstuds in 2 stages and the correct order (starting from the centre).

I'm not exactly sure what the firing order is but it maybe 1-3-4-2 based on valve adjustment for most d and b-series engines

ECU-MAN
23-10-2005, 09:18 PM
yeah 1342

are you meaning which posi on the dizzy cap ????

if so just dont take the leads off tyhe cap.

if you have and are unsure, put your dizzy back in ( only goes in one way ) turn crank to cyl #1 compression stroke, the rotor will then tell you whats #1 on the cap.

Flanderz
24-10-2005, 09:23 AM
Yeah I was talking about the possitioning on the dissy, sorry for the vague write up, it wasn't me writting up the thread. We installed the head & tourqued to spec, Installed the tappets, & cams etc. Anyway I think my mate marked the possition of the leads wrong (as he thought that cylinder 1 was the one closest to the dissy side) The pistons are siting at TDC and when the dissy is sitting on the intake cam, The rotor looks like its will strike no.4 first (which will make it cylinder one, because it is the one closest to the timming belt side of the engine). So I guess we are on the right track, lol. Things can get confusing when you don't mark things properly. :D