PDA

View Full Version : Questions about 94-95 VTIs

zel05
25-10-2005, 07:32 PM
Hey guys...a bit of a newb to the honda scene, so i wish to ask a few questions for you guys, hopefully you can help me out.

I have looked at the faq section of the forum, although i don't think they have answered my questions sufficiently...so here i go.

I havent actually bought a honda yet...but i am looking very seriously at 94-95 accords. More specifically, VTi's.

Now my problem...i have looked and looked and looked...but finding a manual one is pretty rare...considering the conditions i am after (in queensland, vti or vti-s, less then 150 000k's and a dark colour). So, this has got me thinking about getting an auto one for the time being.

I am justifing this by reason that i could do a h22a conversion in the future...But, one of my questions to you guys is...Is it straight forward to convert to a manual box in the f22 engine? or is there more involved? What would you guesstimate the cost at?

Now, my plans for the car would be to purchase some coilovers and 18inch wheels, and enjoy the car for what it is. A luxury type car which i can cruise is. I have done a little research into the coilovers, and my current thinking is that i can get d2 coilovers for it and dump it no problems...What i want to ask here is should i look into other brand name coilovers? and Do i need to look into camber kits or any other suspension components to have the car sitting as low as i can (keeping it legal of course).

Also, just quickly, with 18's...what offset should i look for? +40? and what size rims will i be looking at ? 18x7? 18x7.5? 18/35/215?

Ok, that should do for now, i eagerly await your replies

Thanks

Michael

yfin
25-10-2005, 08:39 PM
Hi welcome - I have changed your thread title so it more relates to your post.

Eclipsor
25-10-2005, 09:36 PM
The conversion to manual isn't quite as straight forward as if you start with one. Here is a reference for cb accords(90-93): http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=588 The parts list would be fairly similar for the cd. The other difference on that page is that they are referring to left hand drive cars so the clutch cable brackets etc may be different. I bought my car with a manual conversion already done. Acclude who I bought it off on here may be able to give more specific info but I don't think he reads much on here. Cost wise, you may get everything you need in a manual halfcut. Except possibly the shifter/cables cut? Not really sure what's generally included in one of these. This would be around $2k to $4k depending where you get it.

zel05
27-10-2005, 01:49 PM
thanks eclipsor for the info...In the end i still am going for an auto anyway...

Bought one as well...should be fun

b00std
27-10-2005, 02:54 PM
i got a manual one in qld for sale.. vtis tho with leather ect.. maroon
comes with a hks turbo kit and some other extras.. in for sale section

zel05
27-10-2005, 07:09 PM
yeah i already spoke to you about it on another forum, k's are too high for my liking, and the wrong colour...

Here is the one i got... http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.private_vehicle?vehicle_id=2594420&current_rec=11&used_rec=25&total_rec=40&sort_type=&total_rec=40&sort_type=&make_id=19&model_id=58&state_id=4&search_distance=25

zel05
27-10-2005, 09:02 PM
What i would like to know from someone is what they recommend when it comes to suspension...More specifically...Coilovers.

I am looking to fit some as soon as i can to this accord i am buying, and i would like to get some nitty gritty questions out of the way

1. I can get d2 coilovers at a good price...Can someone suggest any other brands of coilovers i should be looking at...Lets just say i wont be paying more then...ohh...$1650 for them.

2. Will i need to look into camber kits or anything other suspension components? As i will be looking to lower the car quite a lot.

Thanks, i would appreciate some help on this matter...

Michael

poid
28-10-2005, 11:30 AM
the D2's shouldnt be too bad, as long as they go low enough (a LOT of Jap coilovers dont go anywhere near low enough on accords, D2's arent Jap but i'm not sure about how low they go). I've had tanabe's, no where near low enough. The koni's i have now can lower as much as you want but custom Koni's are $$.

An alternative is ground control sleeves with Koni shocks, the GC sleeves are high quality

i wouldnt worry about camber kits, just make sure you get an alignment done. If you get some hard wearing tyres they will last a year...chewing tyres is just the price you pay for being low

razaman
28-10-2005, 07:02 PM
the D2's shouldnt be too bad, as long as they go low enough (a LOT of Jap coilovers dont go anywhere near low enough on accords, D2's arent Jap but i'm not sure about how low they go).

I've looked into D2's, not that I can afford it but they have a pretty good name. Heaps of info on the US boards.

This is from one of the accord owners that have D2's installed, 3.5 inch drop is pretty low!

Dropped 3.5" on them and the ride is incredible. Not a bounce at all. I've ridden on many suspensions (some which are 3 times the money), and believe it or not these D2's are my favorite so far. On the track is where they really shine.

Raz

zel05
28-10-2005, 07:57 PM
Well im pretty happy to have read that...nice drop, and nice ride too...good to hear...Is it true they have dampner adjustability too?

razaman
28-10-2005, 08:07 PM
From the D2 description:

Fully adjustable (36-way dampening(51mm shocks), and ride height), Custom spring rates (3.5, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 18, and 22 kg/mm), Pillow ball mounts included w/ camber plates! Telflon-coated threads, Flawless CNC finish, 2 Keys for adjusting ride height, Carefully matched spring and damper rates.

Raz