PDA

View Full Version : 3 months on the road and bam.....&)$#&*()#@&

3t3rn1ty
26-10-2005, 01:30 PM
Hi there boys and girls.... this is my first time posting on this site, but I've been checking out this site for the last several months. This site is probably my encyclopedia to my Euro. Anyways, I picked up my brand new Euro back in July :thumbsup: and 3 months later on a warm Sunday afternoon :cool: , this bimbo made an illegal U-Turn infront of me and bam....my car knight in shinning armor got de-virginized :mad:

The right front of my car pushed into their passenger door @ 60ks. bumper gone (along with the washer), right fender gone, right HIDs are gone, both left and right skirtings are gone (car pushed over curb). My whole bonnet needs to be resprayed cos the passenger window of the lancer flew off as I hit their car and their broken window scraped my bonnet from right to left. Luckily no one was injured except me I ended up in the back of the ambo cos the seat belt dug into the side of me pretty hard. The good thing is everyone is still walking and the other car is insured.

Since my oem bumper and 2 skirtings needs to be replaced, should I get a replica mugen kit instead? I've read a few threads and comments, it seems like CarQuest is the way to go and I'm in Perth as well. How much would a full replica mugen kit without the spoiler cost?

Second thing is and I may be stupid when it comes to HIDs. Since my right headlight will be replaced, should i just get a 6000k system.

I would post a few pretty pics, but I don't know how to attach it on here.

so boys and girls.. tell me what are my options. :idea:

ian
26-10-2005, 01:46 PM
i think i might of seen ya on parra rd a while back and even maybe chatted to ya....askin me what rpm does my coupe hit vtec (is that you?).

sorry to hear about your bang, hope you sort it all out dude.

3t3rn1ty
26-10-2005, 01:59 PM
nah.. wasn't me bro.....

yeah.. everything is getting sort out ... SLOWLY... hope i'll get my baby back soon...

seihoa
26-10-2005, 02:05 PM
hope everything gets worked out soon = ]

ngupil
26-10-2005, 02:25 PM
Sorry to hear that, mate!

If the other car's insurance going to pay for the damages, why do you bother buying a replica? just buy the original one. doesn't cost you a penny anyway :D it is your once in a lifetime chance to rip off an insurance company!! :D

Entity
26-10-2005, 02:39 PM
blah same thing happen to me, 3 months old and got rear ended... so much hassle

3t3rn1ty
26-10-2005, 02:46 PM
yah.. i would get the original one, but lets see how much insurance money will be allocated for the 2 skirts and the bumper. If they are willing to give me 3-4g (which i highly doubt)for the oem skirts and bumper then hell yeah, i'll get my baby an OG mugen kit. If not, replica would still be nice..

PNR888
27-10-2005, 08:46 PM
3t3rn1ty: talk to your smash repairer, they might be able to source Mugen kits for you and you pay the cost difference to OEM lip and side skirts. This is the best opportunity to get a different style kits.

matt
27-10-2005, 08:55 PM
gutted for you, ive had my DC5R for 6 weeks now and i dont know what id do if that happened to me!
PNR888 is right, now is definately the time to upgrade if you want a new kit, when i crashed my commodore (commodore, theres a mistake i wont make again) i got the smash repairer to put monaro headlights in it and it only cost me $250 extra instead of buying a set later for $1000 and being left with the old parts, so just have a chat with them and see what they can do or even give them contact details of places that can get what you want.

stephen8512
28-10-2005, 08:24 AM
shit thats bad man i feel for ya
but if u need to replace it with anything, get the mugen kit if u really like the aggressiveness, or if not, then just the euro r kit for subtlty. since its being repaired, try and source original mugen :D
but if not, carquest is the way to go. i received my kit from them and am very happy with how things turned out. my panelshop even moved the HID's from the old to the new one.

Suntzu
28-10-2005, 09:11 AM
Did you airbag go off? If so what was it like?

3t3rn1ty
28-10-2005, 02:52 PM
stephen8512

Thanks man, could of been a lot worst, if I drove a little faster she would of crashed into my side instead. Anyways, how much would a genuine mugen kit or a genuine euro r kit cost? By the way, how long did it take for you to get your kit from carquest? If you don't mind me asking, how much did you paid for it, with or without spoiler? My panel beater probably would go down to Carquest and pick up the kit since its only 15 min away. In the meantime, I'm still waiting for the panel beater to call me as soon as the assessor goes out there and tick tick tick.

Suntzu

Nah, my bags didn't go off because I pulled left before my car hit her car. so all the impact was to the right corner of my car. The lancer is gonna be written off cos the left passenger door has gone so far in that it took the side pillar along with it. Im still amazed how strong the Euro is compare to the lancer at the speed of impact. I would post some pictures up, but don't know how to...

3t3rn1ty
28-10-2005, 03:09 PM
let me tell you kids how I feel at this very moment.......
having my new car is like having a new gf (since I only had my ride for 3 mths). shes with me 24/7, and when shes not with me, I get worried cos I don't know whos gonna rub up against her body or running their dirty hands on the smoothness of her skin :confused: :confused: . Hell, now shes stranded at a stranger's place with bunch of beat up beasts around her for at least a month. :D

ngupil
28-10-2005, 08:30 PM
stephen8512

Suntzu

Nah, my bags didn't go off because I pulled left before my car hit her car. so all the impact was to the right corner of my car. The lancer is gonna be written off cos the left passenger door has gone so far in that it took the side pillar along with it. Im still amazed how strong the Euro is compare to the lancer at the speed of impact. I would post some pictures up, but don't know how to...

dont compare euro with lancer. euro has better chasis and body, while the lancer made of tin can :D

PNR888
29-10-2005, 11:13 PM
let me tell you kids how I feel at this very moment.......
having my new car is like having a new gf (since I only had my ride for 3 mths). shes with me 24/7, and when shes not with me, I get worried cos I don't know whos gonna rub up against her body or running their dirty hands on the smoothness of her skin :confused: :confused: . Hell, now shes stranded at a stranger's place with bunch of beat up beasts around her for at least a month. :D

I will be so devastated if such thing happen to me.
My Euro is like my mistress. (even though I brought her home 2 weeks before my wedding day, but my wife still the boss)
My wife gets very jealous when I spend too much time caressing her (washing and polishing)..
My wife envys her when I buy new shoes for her (18")..
Women are hard to maintain. :p

ngupil
29-10-2005, 11:32 PM
Women are hard to maintain. :p

off-topic .. i'm totally agree with you 1000%!! :D

stephen8512
30-10-2005, 10:15 AM
stephen8512

Thanks man, could of been a lot worst, if I drove a little faster she would of crashed into my side instead. Anyways, how much would a genuine mugen kit or a genuine euro r kit cost? By the way, how long did it take for you to get your kit from carquest? If you don't mind me asking, how much did you paid for it, with or without spoiler? My panel beater probably would go down to Carquest and pick up the kit since its only 15 min away. In the meantime, I'm still waiting for the panel beater to call me as soon as the assessor goes out there and tick tick tick.

Hmm well genuine mugen kit i was quoted about 4.5-5K for the front bumper, rear lip, sideskirts and spoiler all prepainted and imported to sydney from japan. labour would be extra i think, but not that hard to fit yourself.
genuine euro R kit is a lot cheaper, about 3K for the lot, including the front grille replacement. Of course, you can get them unpainted but its only a few hundred dollars cheaper.

Took me about 1.5-2 months to get my kit from carquest since i had to have it shipped over to NSW. it cost me 1550 for front bumper, rear, side and spoiler including freight cost of 200. (spoiler cost me 150, it would have been 1400 for the lot incl. freight but excluding spoiler).

A guy on the forums here by the name of Pum[Z] has a mugen kitted euro bought from Carquest and he's located in perth as well. I think by memory he said that Prestige Motor Vehicle Repairer in Oconner is where he got his kit fitted and stuff. If you want to have a look at what it looks like, heres the link to both mine and his pics. Hope this helps you out and good luck with the vehicle repairs. keep us posted. :thumbsup:

Pum[Z]'s Mugen Euro
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12813

stephen8512's Mugen Euro
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28828

eurotrash
01-11-2005, 08:30 PM
"let me tell you kids how I feel at this very moment.......
having my new car is like having a new gf (since I only had my ride for 3 mths). shes with me 24/7, and when shes not with me, I get worried cos I don't know whos gonna rub up against her body or running their dirty hands on the smoothness of her skin . Hell, now shes stranded at a stranger's place with bunch of beat up beasts around her for at least a month. "

C'mon guys -I know the euro is a sexy car - but WTF??

Tiago
01-11-2005, 08:50 PM
yehhhhh i feel for ya man..............exaact same thing happend to my euro......3 mnths after purchase sum blonde bimbo poped a u turn in the left lane cuttin across mine and bammmm hit her straight in the driver door.........

heres my thread that i posted back in the days
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21754

3t3rn1ty
01-11-2005, 09:26 PM
I just got a reply from carquest and they are asking 1200 for front bumper, sides, and rear lip (not painted,not fitted). Is that a good deal? I hope when he says rear lip, it means the whole rear kit. Anyways, I guess 1200 sounds reasonable.

so.. any opinions about HIDs? keep it at factory or 6000k?

would it be a pain in the @ss for the panel beater to fit my factory fogs into the mugen kit? hope not.

I would need to drop her afterwards or else its gonna look funny. what sort of set up should i get. my budget is around 1500 as I want to save money toward a decent sound system.

Thanks for your opinions guys.....
anyone organising a perth meet around xmas time?

stephen8512
01-11-2005, 11:04 PM
1200 is exactly what i got charged from raymond. He's a very decent guy and I can vouch for him. The rear is just a lip, not the full bumper replacement. But Its as good as. Have a look at my car. Very nice job they did on it. Just make sure you have a very good panel beater who has exp. in fibreglass bodykits as the bodykit may need to be prepped more and more work done to it in order to get a flush quality finish.

HID's I personally think its up to the owner. 4300K is adequate enuff for me anyway. I hear 6000K is probably THE whitest you can go with a tinge of blue for effect and bling factor.

Hmm....if you are getting the mugen front bar replacement, then yes custom fabrication of the fog housing must me made as the mugen kit was designed to be fogless. If you want to keep the fogs, try a mugen lip spoiler and mugen grille to match. Fabricating on the front bumper needs custom work as the OEM fog housing will not fit on the mugen front bar.

Picture of what the Mugen Underspoiler + Grille looks like
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12813&page=5&pp=12

Hmmm mine isnt dropped as yet and is still riding stock height. I dont think it looks THAT funny but yes, it DEFINATELY needs some sort of drop. I pesonally am planning to get TEIN FLEX's on my euro. If your budget is 1500, try a shock/spring combo such as KONI's and EIBACH springs. Not sure how much but it should be in the vicinity of 1.5-2K. Or if you really want coilovers, try D2 or the TANABE sustec's. euro77 has Tanabe sustec coilovers on his euro and Pum[Z] has D2 coilovers on his mugen kitted euro. Maybe you can follow in his footsteps as he is in perth himself. Might wanna PM him.

Eibach Springs thread
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16435

Eibach Springs thread 2
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6582&page=1&pp=20&highlight=eibach

Euro77's Tanabe Sustec Pro S-0C Coilover Review
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23013&highlight=tanabe

Hope this helps. :thumbsup::thumbsup: