PDA

View Full Version : 'Sound' of a blown shock

Zdster
26-10-2005, 02:29 PM
Just wondering if anyone can describe the sound of a blown shock? Does a blown shock actually make a sound? Would I be able to hear the shock when cornering if it is blown? Other than the shock leaking are there any other signs that I can look for while the shock is on the car?

aaronng
26-10-2005, 03:02 PM
When you go over a sharp bump or an indent in the road, it'll make a low "DOK" sound. Actually, something that is sounds like pronouncing the word "dock"

egSi
26-10-2005, 03:06 PM
noise? im not sure bout a noise man. take one off, push it together and if it does come out u know its blown.

koni time man ;)

Zdster
26-10-2005, 03:14 PM
What do you mean it 'does come out'? I think I will rebuild them before going koni's - sorry Trav :p :D.

The sound that I have at the moment sounds like there is rubbing or something is hitting something, however when I have taken the wheel off the tyres and inner/outer guard have no signs of wear. It is only on the one corner so that is why I think the shock might have gone???

Maybe I will take it to a suspension place to get them to check it out.

seihoa
26-10-2005, 03:20 PM
take it to pedders and do a full suspension check for $14 = ]

siir
16-12-2005, 02:53 PM
where is the closest pedders??

ek4-guy
16-12-2005, 03:03 PM
quickest test is to bounce your car stop bouncing an it should settle in two an a half bounces if amy more its not reaally aceptable

type one
17-12-2005, 02:36 PM
aaronng has the sound phonetically correct hahahah if it can be put into words... i think of it as a "clunk" but then again everything is a "clunk"...

when you are drving you will also notice that the shock is less responsive and takes longer to rebound.

pedders are crap.

LowEk
17-12-2005, 02:49 PM
pedders are crap.

^^^^^^ Here Here.