PDA

View Full Version : Telstra Rally Australia Remains in WA for 2006

SINISTR
26-10-2005, 06:50 PM
CAMS: RALLY AUSTRALIA TO REMAIN IN WESTERN AUSTRALIA IN 2006

(24 October 2005) The Confederation of Australian Motor Sport (CAMS) has announced that a move from Perth cannot occur in 2006.

"Time is simply against us," said CAMS Chief Executive Officer Dr Rob Nethercote.

"CAMS has been working hard towards finding a new home for Australia's Round of the FIA World Rally Championship and was very close to securing an agreement. However, the agreement would not have been finalised with all approvals in place prior to this year's Rally Australia and in sufficient time to confirm the date allocated by the Federation Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA) which was conditional on the event being conducted on the East Coast of Australia."

"Our transition team will now work towards achieving a successful outcome and a new home for the event for 2007."

Nethercote concluded, "In the meantime we will focus our attention on this year's Telstra Rally Australia where the efforts of more than 2000 loyal and dedicated officials will ensure that Australia is once again rewarded with a first class event".

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: YAY!!!!

Vivski
27-10-2005, 01:02 AM
'tis good news!

Hondavirgin
27-10-2005, 11:06 AM
bloody great news! coz i couldn't go to it this year and was pissed on missing the last year.

Vivski
27-10-2005, 06:10 PM
It's just going to be a shame, 'cos no formal Peugeot or Citroen next year.

SINISTR
27-10-2005, 06:21 PM
I just cant believe how greedy the government is.

they want to 'can' the event because it only brings a 20c in the dollar return - they don't care its something ppl actually enjoy - its all about money.

Mind you the tickets are pretty expensive - $25+ for standing entry.

Hondavirgin
28-10-2005, 10:45 AM
they're not saying they wont spend the money on other events that other people will enjoy......

i mean, i can't understand why anyone wouldn't enjoy rally but there are plenty of ppl who don't give a shit, and would rather watch athletics or horse racing or other such boring as hell sports.

b16a_integra
28-10-2005, 05:35 PM
thats good news, ford will have there own car in the ARC then also, they were spose to debut this weekend at bathurst, but something was up i spose so theyre not. car looks good though.

Civic Type R
28-10-2005, 05:47 PM
Thats wikid news Mike !!

Id much prefer the WRC than that ghey air show in Pierce - which is supposed to be a big needle in the WRC side.

b16a_integra
28-10-2005, 07:23 PM
if you want the first stage of the arc has just been finished goto
www.rally.com.au

Vivski
29-10-2005, 11:33 PM
My problem with the WA government's position is they've got horribly inaccurate numbers. A huge number of rally fans, teams, FIA officials, etc come to Australia to see the rally and they dont just go to the rally and nick off. They come, spend a week in Perth and then tour the vineyards and cruise down the coast spending stupid amounts of money. It's a huge oversight by the WA government who obviously just have no idea about it at all.

I'm no economics guru, but I would've thought people coming from OS and spending money in our country is a good thing.

LUD02C
30-10-2005, 09:43 AM
As long as Australia has a round in the WRC and people get out there to support it and Chris Atkinson I'm happy.

Governments will be Governments, a bunch of fat tools who are on power trips.