PDA

View Full Version : Help with Spoon calipers for DC2R

Poeter
26-10-2005, 08:15 PM
Hey guys,

I've posted this before on an old thread but i didn't recieve any answer. So i'll try again with my own thread lol.

I've been on my uncle's dc2r recently and i realised he install spoon caliper brakes.
I'm not sure which specific model and any in-depth detail, i just know it's blue spoon brakes when i saw from the outside.

But my question is, by installing spoon brakes, are they meant to cause a creaking noise when you turn the steering wheel??

I realised this creaking noise when my uncle turns the steering wheel. I asked him, what's with the creaks and he says he's missing some spring.

THen i ask him, isn't that abnormal then and he said, the guy who did the brakes says it's ok without that spring or what ever part that was.

Does it sound like my uncle went to some dodgey mechanic to do the job?

Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

VTECACCORD
26-10-2005, 09:44 PM
spoon brakes do not cause steering creaks.

I have them and my car doesnt creak

so something else is causing it.

Repeat SPOON BRAKES DO NOT CAUSE STEERING CREAKS

crispy
26-10-2005, 09:45 PM
That doesnt sound normal, the spoon brakes shouldnt make any noise whatsoever. I would check CV boots, power steering fluids, leaks of any sort as it seems to be coming from your steering

Poeter
26-10-2005, 11:41 PM
It's kinda strange because he only got the weird sounds after installing the brakes.

blackdc2
27-10-2005, 09:14 AM
wheel bearings?

Jomsy
27-10-2005, 12:57 PM
my itr developed a creaking noise after i fitted my brakes and some suspension bits, bit of silicon spray on all the rubber bushes fixed that quick smart

it just so happened with me it started after i fitted some parts, freaked me out for a while

ITRBoI
27-10-2005, 08:14 PM
they dont make any noise at ALL!!!!! check all the above, cause it shouldnt make any noise....something is wrong

Perry
28-10-2005, 08:09 AM
could b the calipers wasnt install probably or the disc rota's or the ur break pads that causes the noise

Poeter
28-10-2005, 08:42 PM
ok, i'll mention this to him.

I think it's more like he got a dodgey mechanic to install for him.

Poeter
28-10-2005, 08:43 PM
my itr developed a creaking noise after i fitted my brakes and some suspension bits, bit of silicon spray on all the rubber bushes fixed that quick smart

it just so happened with me it started after i fitted some parts, freaked me out for a while

were they loud??

i know my uncle's creaking noise is very obvious.

chee
28-10-2005, 10:19 PM
new calipers wont make your car creak when turning. check cv joints and shit like that. and go crazy with spray lube (not on the tyres or brakes though!)