PDA

View Full Version : Custom Boots In Gen 4 Civic

Jord
28-10-2005, 09:00 PM
hey guys i was just wondering if anyone has attempted putting a custom boot install in the back of a gen 4 civic hatchback i was just wondering how i would go about it and wat sort of layout i should do?
any ideas would be great pics would be even better!

cheers
-Jord

micka
28-10-2005, 11:46 PM
First try to sort out what you're aiming to achieve, do you want high sound quality, something that goes super loud, or simply something that looks good (or stealth)? what equipment will you be using? will you be diy'ing?

Once you have worked out what you want to achieve and what equipment you're using it will be a lot easier to work out how to put things in.

Jord
29-10-2005, 10:37 AM
First try to sort out what you're aiming to achieve, do you want high sound quality, something that goes super loud, or simply something that looks good (or stealth)? what equipment will you be using? will you be diy'ing?

Once you have worked out what you want to achieve and what equipment you're using it will be a lot easier to work out how to put things in.

i will be using a single 12" subwoofer (unsure wat one yet) a jaycar 2x80watt amplifier and i want to incorporate a capacitor into the works somewhere i rekon ti will be a diy job cos i am only young and cant afford much else! i am currently trying to draw up a basic sketch of wat i want so when its done i will post it up.... it is going to be a farely simple concept as i dont have many components...

-Jord

micka
29-10-2005, 08:29 PM
You may want to amp your front speakers too, either by a seperate amp or get a 4 channel amp, rather than a 2 channel. and use 2 channels to power the fronts and bridge the other two to power the sub. If not your system will be bass heavy. This may not be a problem if that's what you're after.

Jord
29-10-2005, 09:38 PM
yea i am after bass but not like so it overpowers everything else! the head unit i have got it crap but i am trying to work with it atm!
do u no anyone who has tackle this in a 4th gen b4?

cheers
-Jord

Jord
31-10-2005, 03:54 PM
help has anyone done a custom boot in any model civic hatchback need help??????