PDA

View Full Version : Civic component speakers & Sub.

Civic Si Kid
10-03-2004, 02:09 PM
Hi,i am trying to put a set of audio in my car,but i have no idea what should i go for,can someone give me some guide?i heard that polk audio components are good,and bazooka Sub. But i don't think bazooka is good enough for me,i am not a person who needs bass all the time,but sometimes i want to go wild too.Since i am a student,i can't affort too much money.My budget is under $200 for speakers and $150 for sub.Should i get a pair of regular speakers or components?Thanks :roll:

wynode
10-03-2004, 02:10 PM
Well when it comes to audio, you usually get what you pay for, so it depends on how picky you are about SQ and/or SPL.

vti-2
10-03-2004, 02:34 PM
Hi,i am trying to put a set of audio in my car,but i have no idea what should i go for,can someone give me some guide?i heard that polk audio components are good,and bazooka Sub. But i don't think bazooka is good enough for me,i am not a person who needs bass all the time,but sometimes i want to go wild too.Since i am a student,i can't affort too much money.My budget is under $200 for speakers and $150 for sub.Should i get a pair of regular speakers or components?Thanks :roll:

Polk Audio are ok. Bazooka subs are shit (steer clear of them).

If you are on a budget it makes it hard to recommend good products but here goes.

If you have about $200 to spend on speakers get yourself a set of co-ax's. They aren't as good as components (splits) but sound ok for the price you pay. Once you have more money, you can upgrade to splits and use the co-ax's as rear fill. I wouldn't bother buying cheapo splits as you will not be happy with the sound and will spend more money buying better speakers (and end up losing money in the process).

For the sub, well $150 ain't gonna get you much. And it ain't gonna fetch anything that crash hot. If possible, put all your money together and buy a decent set of splits. At least that way you have your front stage sorted and only need to worry about amplification and subs later. And if you do go ahead and buy a sub, what are you going to power it with?

I assume you already have a HU?

Fhrx
10-03-2004, 05:11 PM
In all honesty you would do better to save a little more and get better equipment because I fear that for your budget you're only going to be dissapointed. :(

traNce_gl
10-03-2004, 08:01 PM
yeh save ur many cause when u get a sub u will need a amp 2 ..

also saty away from sony explode yukkie ...kicker subs are good and fusion

wynode
10-03-2004, 08:05 PM
Or Rockford Fosgate.

Personally I'd stick with the american brands for sound. Can't go past a pair of Boston splits and a rockford sub.....or 2 :)

toE
11-03-2004, 12:31 AM
save ur money....buy in stages. wise move!! :)

McChook
11-03-2004, 01:24 AM
I'll back up Wyn with Rockford Fosgate.... Other than high class speaker, their equipment is great

Civic Si Kid
11-03-2004, 11:56 AM
Thanks all,i am so glad that you guys would help me out.Well,as you guys said,buy in stages looks the best way i can do,so splits or regular one is good for a Hatch?Any recommandation? :roll:

Boost
11-03-2004, 02:36 PM
Rockfords are good...Alpines also good.. Sony hmmmm.. nar.

A'PEXi
11-03-2004, 04:15 PM
JL Audio :D

Fhrx
11-03-2004, 04:31 PM
When it comes to brands to audition include Boston, Focal, Rainbow, Hertz, Infinity, Morel, DynAudio, Diamond, Image Dynamics, Adire, Digital Dynamics, JL Audio and Kicker. :)

euro77
11-03-2004, 05:04 PM
you specified Morel twice Marty :lol:
Is that a hint? hahahaha... j/k bro ;)

wynode
11-03-2004, 05:11 PM
When it comes to brands to audition include Boston, Focal, Rainbow, Hertz, Infinity, Morel, DynAudio, Diamond, Morel, Image Dynamics, Adire, Digital Dynamics, JL Audio and Kicker. :)

Is that in any particular order? ;)

But yeah......definitely do it in stages depending on which component is most important.

If you are picky about sound, then its well worth going out there, listening and paying a bit more for something that you know is good. Otherwise you might regret it later :)

Fhrx
11-03-2004, 05:11 PM
Haha, nah that's called fatigue... :(

toE
11-03-2004, 11:08 PM
Thanks all,i am so glad that you guys would help me out.Well,as you guys said,buy in stages looks the best way i can do,so splits or regular one is good for a Hatch?Any recommandation? :roll:

I think a lot of ppl will recommend u to get splits. Money will be wisely spent if you get splits. As for brands...i'd suggest you go have an audition at audio shops around ur area and decided for yourself wat sounds u prefer. But do stick with the reputable brands. :)

Civic Si Kid
13-03-2004, 05:48 PM
Actually i'd try to go to the audio store, but people would just think i am a kid and just fooling around, they were so mean to me,so i don't like to go to audio store.Just want to make sure something, each brand of speakers has their own characteristic?

madgrk
13-03-2004, 06:17 PM
Every brand is different, and having said that you may or may not like the sound of Bostons compared to Focals or vice-versa. Some people don't like fuller sounds, while others don't particularly like bright sounds (i.e louder treble sort of sound). It depends on you, the individual to determine what you like. As always as others have said, it is best to go to an audio shop and at least listen to the speakers. Even though they are in different set-ups (i.e walls), it'll still give you a good idea of what the sound is.

If any of your friends have good speakers and you like them, just buy what they have! They don't have to be splits, but generally splits will be a far better system than a coax speaker.

As toE said, try to stick to reputable brands. This will help you a bit more in case a warranty is needed too :)

Civic Si Kid
15-03-2004, 04:48 AM
Also, one more quick question, does anybody know do i need an adapter for the front speaker or i can use the stock one? if i do, so where can i get the adapter? Thanks