PDA

View Full Version : Air filter from Integra vti-r

Miss Chanel
31-10-2005, 07:58 AM
Hey guys :)

My friend totalled off his teggie vti-r the other day http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a391/Maglet1986/cry.gif http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a391/Maglet1986/lol.gif )

He's taking the air filter off to give to me... but would it fit on to my jazz? (03 vti)?

Thanks peeps http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a391/Maglet1986/heart.gif

asiansquad
31-10-2005, 11:18 AM
it should fit as long as u get a customised pipe and adapter

spoon fit
31-10-2005, 03:07 PM
stock air filter?

lerroy
31-10-2005, 03:18 PM
if you talking the stock one then no the integra intake is quite a big unit including all piping etc..unless your jus talking the filter itself then prob yes
aftermarket universal pod or something then prob yes :P

good luck

Miss Chanel
31-10-2005, 03:47 PM
its an Apexi power intake (which was originally for an EK4)

lerroy
31-10-2005, 03:58 PM
ah shouldnt be a prob then :)

may have to just get a downsize adaptor for the piping or just jubilee clip it im sure it will be very close if not a perfect fit

u should be fine you will prob wanna make some heat shield for the intake though cause jazz is rather close :P

they actually sell one for jazz

http://www.modyourcar.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=11_292_78&products_id=2928

have fun post some pics up

tRipitaka
31-10-2005, 04:00 PM
do a DIY maggi noodles..
i've had enough of seeing ECU-MAN's hairy gorilla arms..
let's see some skin..

muli
31-10-2005, 04:05 PM
custom wont cost much more than that apexi kit at modyourcar and will be better, also you can get that apexi for few dollars over $200 if you shop around

petrovski
01-11-2005, 07:51 AM
*cough* TODA *cough*

The best intake imo that has been made for the jazz is the toda intake - it was custom built for the jazz - but its only for the manual. . .

Pete :)

Miss Chanel
01-11-2005, 08:02 AM
Haha thanks guys :)

But think il just take this 3rd handed down one... think it will do the job (what ever that is).. and buy a better (toda) one laterz when i get new rims, etc. :p

ahcash
01-11-2005, 01:49 PM
toda one is only for manual though..
probably just me... I dun like where toda locates the pod filter (too risky and troublesome) but anyway, it is just me..

Miss Chanel
01-11-2005, 01:52 PM

Is there a difference between manual/auto air filters?.. :confused:

My jazz is auto/tip.

NeoNode
01-11-2005, 02:14 PM
No difference in air filters, just a clearence issue regarding the automatic equipped models.

Jus-10
01-11-2005, 07:34 PM
probably just me... I dun like where toda locates the pod filter (too risky and troublesome) but anyway, it is just me..

You're right, it's just you. The setup is not at all risky or troublesome in the slightest.

Miss Chanel, also remember that the length of the intake pipe needs to be correct otherwise you will see zero (or even negative) gains.

The is a reson why both the Apex'i and TODA are designed the way they are...

Muli has a good design/length as well, but during the testing of the TODA item we saw PLENTY of room for error....my car spent may hours on the dyno to get the maximum gain out of the design.

Just be warned that it isn't an easy process....

Miss Chanel
01-11-2005, 07:57 PM
Im just gonna take the air box off then keep the standard pipe with the sensor thingy and then put the air filter pod with a pipe on it... is that right?.. thats how i was told newayz.

Jus-10
01-11-2005, 08:39 PM
If you re-read my post I talked about the length of the piping...get it wrong and you are wasting your time

Miss Chanel
01-11-2005, 08:58 PM
I dont really understand how to adjust the intake pipe length? :confused:

bennjamin
01-11-2005, 09:02 PM
I dont really understand how to adjust the intake pipe length? :confused:

...by cutting it at the right length , girl :cool:

Miss Chanel
01-11-2005, 09:10 PM
But how do i know where is the right length?.. oh.. i think il just goto a mechanic. :(

Jus-10
02-11-2005, 07:06 AM
Again, re-read my original post....my car spent hours on a dyno testing all the varying lengths of the pipe to make sure the design achieved maximum performance gains.

Chances are your local mechanic will have NFI what he's doing and for you to carry out the same sort of testing (just paying your local mod shop) will cost hundreds, if not over $1000.

People say the TODA unit is expensive, but really it isn't ...keep in mind that I was without a car for a month just to make sure every Jazz owner gets the maximum gain possible.

Even the Apex'i bolt on kit is good and at around $250 I think it is, is pretty good value.

Adrian can probably also do you a deal on the TODA unit as he is just going to cut them up if no one buys them.

But it's up to....

Miss Chanel
02-11-2005, 08:05 AM
Thanks Jus,

But to tell you the truth, im not that into the whole performance thing... it will be good if it makes my run car more efficiently but in the end- my friend's giving me a free air filter and i just want to put it on- I dont want to spend extra money on testing and stuff (i'm saving up for 17'gramlights :p )... but il take what you have said into consideration and get my friend to read it when he comes over to help me fit it on or whatever...

:) Mags :)

Jus-10
02-11-2005, 03:07 PM
I think you have completely mis-understood every single thing I have said, so I will leave it there...

Miss Chanel
02-11-2005, 03:13 PM
Haha.. nah i didnt mis-understand.. i didnt understand lol.

runwaycrackwhore
02-11-2005, 05:52 PM
judging from her posts in and out of this thread she couldnt give a rats ass about power, she wants the induction noise. as long as there no cel's and pinging she's fine.

she was given it to her by a friend for FREE i doubt she will fork out more to get a product she wont even be able to tell made a difference. its for shits and giggles right? she'll put it on and be happy with it, just like she was with the fit badge.
in other words, do what u like but dont expect 50hp

Miss Chanel
02-11-2005, 06:21 PM
judging from her posts in and out of this thread she couldnt give a rats ass about power, she wants the induction noise. as long as there no cel's and pinging she's fine.

she was given it to her by a friend for FREE i doubt she will fork out more to get a product she wont even be able to tell made a difference. its for shits and giggles right? she'll put it on and be happy with it, just like she was with the fit badge.
in other words, do what u like but dont expect 50hp

Yeh.. ok.

What he said lol