PDA

View Full Version : angel eye globes

fadz
02-11-2005, 11:25 PM
Hey peepz , i jus got my angel eyes but im after some strong globes , what sort of globes am i looking at??
and how Much for a good set

Banana
02-11-2005, 11:28 PM
im using phillips blue vision, 50bucks for a pair.
if u want total brightness get diamond view, but this got short distance. looks really nice though. $150 a pair.

VTC-8OY
03-11-2005, 12:51 AM
i wouldnt reccomened getting strong globes with ur exisiting wires unless u want to burn them out, happened to mine before, best thing to do is just get hid kit, like me :p

sivic
03-11-2005, 01:14 AM
you can get brighter bulbs such as phillips without burning the wires out. just make sure you get 55w rated bulbs. but yeah, the bulbs that come with the angel eyes are really dull

wOlfee
13-11-2005, 09:44 PM
Yeh i had the same problem i went n baught sum blue vision's for 100$ at auto barn also had one's for 55$ much brighter than the shitty globes u get with angel eyes.

destrukshn
13-11-2005, 09:52 PM
vision plus..
now those are good globes.
=)

saxman
14-11-2005, 08:09 AM
i wouldnt reccomened getting strong globes with ur exisiting wires unless u want to burn them out, happened to mine before, best thing to do is just get hid kit, like me :p
HID's + stock wiring will burn them out as well

VTC-8OY
14-11-2005, 11:25 PM
HID's + stock wiring will burn them out as well

no way mans, why else were hid's made for plug n play with exsisting stock wires?.. had my hid's for while now, n no probs! only brighter hehe

saxman
15-11-2005, 02:06 PM
no way mans, why else were hid's made for plug n play with exsisting stock wires?.. had my hid's for while now, n no probs! only brighter hehe
the power draw of the ignitor during power up is significantly higher than what the wires are meant for, and after time, will burn out your stock wiring

Politix
15-11-2005, 03:48 PM
Hey i've got Philips Blue Vision on my projectors.....they're pretty bright too

SINISTR
15-11-2005, 04:18 PM
I don't have the Angel Eyes but got the black projector headlights... and I use HB4 Globes in them (involved rewiring the ends) - but they are hell bright... even just the 55w

jamchen
15-11-2005, 07:55 PM
the power draw of the ignitor during power up is significantly higher than what the wires are meant for, and after time, will burn out your stock wiring

well its not necessary that case... think how HIDs work in general... you get power from the vehicle through harness, and go pass through ballasts and the another part of harness and then the globes... the ballasts are there meant to stabalize and prepare for the high wattage consumption at the ignition of the light... but after that the HID will only consume 35w of power.
so why would HID melts the wires? :cool: unless its a under-qualitied HID kit..
had mine for 7 months now and no problems what so ever... :thumbsup:

saxman
15-11-2005, 08:09 PM
well its not necessary that case... think how HIDs work in general... you get power from the vehicle through harness, and go pass through ballasts and the another part of harness and then the globes... the ballasts are there meant to stabalize and prepare for the high wattage consumption at the ignition of the light... but after that the HID will only consume 35w of power.
so why would HID melts the wires? :cool: unless its a under-qualitied HID kit..
had mine for 7 months now and no problems what so ever... :thumbsup:
it's from the extremeley high power draw when you turn them on, not from the low 35w they draw after they've been on for a while. Just give it time, it won't be too long before you're replacing wiring.