PDA

View Full Version : Launch surface down the 1/4

SKREMN
03-11-2005, 07:35 PM
I have never been down the 1/4 but will be soon
I want to get an idea of the surface in the box and strip
because on the streets the surface has a huge factor on my launch
between 3k and 6k having siumular launces
some roads it spins hops and goes nowhere and on some it spins less no hop then grips and goes

I wanna get my setup right before I take it down the 1/4 or at least get 1/2 an idea so i know what i'm looking at

I find main roads hop more then back streets

I just dont wanna be stuck in the box hopping around

do your cars that hop on the street grip on the 1/4?

I got an LSD and 16" wheels

DynoDave
03-11-2005, 10:43 PM
I have never been down the 1/4 but will be soon
I want to get an idea of the surface in the box and strip
because on the streets the surface has a huge factor on my launch
between 3k and 6k having siumular launces
some roads it spins hops and goes nowhere and on some it spins less no hop then grips and goes

I wanna get my setup right before I take it down the 1/4 or at least get 1/2 an idea so i know what i'm looking at

I find main roads hop more then back streets

I just dont wanna be stuck in the box hopping around

do your cars that hop on the street grip on the 1/4?

I got an LSD and 16" wheels
There are a few guys on here that can help I am surprised that they have not already replied.Launching at the drags is all about practice and there is no perfect way to do it as all FWD cars launsh in different ways.The first meeting you go out to will surprise you as it is not easy but just keep going back an try again and again and you will learn what your car likes and dislikes.
Regards Dyno Dave

redliner
03-11-2005, 10:44 PM
To me the drag surface is like a wet surface on the street road
its hard to describe, i find it hard to get any grip at launch at 5.5k launch and even at 4.5k i still get wheel spin. All i can say is, its so much diff between street and drag.

bennyBear
04-11-2005, 12:09 AM
A lot of clutch riding unless your running semi- or full slick tyres, that being said, the worst thing that can happen is to have your revs drop or 'bog down'. Have a few runs, you get the feel for it after a while.

If your running street tyres, try to avoid the staging area as your tread will pick up a lot of loose bitumen and water!

Non Vtec
06-11-2005, 09:17 AM
If there is a water hole at the track for doing burnouts don't park in it, drive through it, otherwise water pools in your guards and drops down onto the tyres..
The launch area of a strip is basically a swept concrete pad, by swept I mean has been swept before the concrete dries, so if you have anything like that around to practise on thats the best thing to try..
But easier to just go to the track and try it out..

locote
06-11-2005, 10:56 AM
best thing is to try different ways of launching hey.
the LSD should help you heaps.
Just do your best mate, no one knows your car better than you do.
the 1st 60' is the most critical get that spot on and youl get a awsome time.

TAKEN
08-11-2005, 07:11 AM
The LSD will help alot, I would put a set of race tyres on it and drop the tyre pressure quite a bit.. The hoping would be because of your suspension set up. you need to just experiment with it on the track.. Go to the track and have a go :thumbsup:

EG5
08-11-2005, 08:04 AM
use drag radial or drag slicks , circuit tyres are for ciruit use

TAKEN
08-11-2005, 08:58 AM
Little 22" micky's would do the trick quite nice. :thumbsup: