PDA

View Full Version : Accord euro leather

BlackKnight
12-03-2004, 12:01 PM
ehh anyone here owns an euro with beige LEATHER interior?? my Qs is does it get dirty easily?? easy to clean? cos I am getting a Beige leather myself....n i am thinking if i can get a black leather since i am afraid the beige leather gets dirty easily. Thx guys....

BK

vxexec
12-03-2004, 12:20 PM
IMO beige is a tough colour to keep cleen - the fact that it's leather makes it a little easier

my wife's car has beige leather only because she wanted a black car - if we had the choice it would have been black leather also

wynode
12-03-2004, 12:37 PM
Black leather gets pretty hot in the sun though......thats the only downfall.

poid
12-03-2004, 12:57 PM
even dark grey leather gets bloody hot, my ass hates it!

Calvo
12-03-2004, 01:16 PM
hehe yeh dark grey leather sucks sometimes...

but if u give it a good blasting with the A/C it will cool down nicely :D

also sleeping in the car sucks, coz u sweat lots from the leather. i kno from experience :P

poid
12-03-2004, 01:19 PM
yeh problem is i'm usually in a hurry and dont have time to wait for the A/C to blast it!

Calvo
12-03-2004, 01:32 PM
hahaha.
maybe u should get some reverse cycle seat warmers :D, warm for winter, cool down for summer :P

stocky
12-03-2004, 03:47 PM
I have a 6th gen with beige leather. Just use leather cleaner every now and again and a conditioner to keep it clean and in good nick. Doesnt get noticeably dirty but my front seats do look dirtier than my rears.

Usual Suspect
12-03-2004, 03:53 PM
Black is usually a colour harder to keep clean than light ones, coz it shows everything.

Slugoid
12-03-2004, 07:18 PM
I have a black euro with beige leather. It does get dirty easily in the long run, but I doubt it's a problem to clean. Or maybe it's the fact that I'm always wearing jeans. Good thing is that it doesn't absorb all the heat, and it's still ok to sit on after parking it under the sun for a while.

Also, for some unknown reason, you cannot choose leather colour. Black, white, ruby and indego blue comes with beige leather. The rest (silver, graphite, artic blue) comes with black. I would have so loved a black Euro with black leather. If leather is a real concern, get the graphite colour. It's close to black and you get the black leather.

euro77
12-03-2004, 10:37 PM
That's what I did, I want the black euro, but since the inside is beige, I choose the graphite one :D

IAmATeaf
13-03-2004, 01:09 AM
I had black leathers on my previous Accord and after 5 odd years of use it still looked good. The stitching can collect dust and look dirty and is a real bitch to clean. The only real problem I had is the drivers side lumbar where my arse would rub against as I got in and out of the car, the top colour eventually rubbed away revealing a rather grey/beige leather backing.

A'PEXi
13-03-2004, 12:02 PM
well they both get dirty after a while... black is probarbly less visible for dark marks.... i think just stick with the standard colour which comes with the car....

eknine
13-03-2004, 01:35 PM
...unfortunately unless you know the right ppl you get choice of colours of the leather in the euro . but even if you have the black leather seats , the trims will still be beige ->ugly

PERTH_EURO
16-05-2004, 09:08 AM
cant believe they dont do black n black grrrr

A'PEXi
16-05-2004, 10:02 AM
lol black and beige would be dodgy...

vxexec
17-05-2004, 09:45 AM
Did any of you guys with leather get the dealer recommended treatment? If so, do you think that it's made any difference?

We got the beige leather (without treatment) but use the Meguires cleaner and treatment all-in-one. What are others using?

h22a accord
17-05-2004, 09:49 AM
hehe yeh dark grey leather sucks sometimes...

but if u give it a good blasting with the A/C it will cool down nicely :D

also sleeping in the car sucks, coz u sweat lots from the leather. i kno from experience :P

you know from experience eh? what sort of sleeping were you doing? :oops: sounds kinda kinky to me!