PDA

View Full Version : The People's Champion

nEUROtic
04-11-2005, 12:44 PM
Just got the new f1 racing magazine and I had to laugh when i saw the cover

http://www.f1racing.co.uk/ - New cover on the right side. Read the headline.

Poor Alonso, his championship has been emasculated totally.

j3z3z
04-11-2005, 01:13 PM
KIMI you da man!!!!

Jus-10
04-11-2005, 01:35 PM
Simple....he did't win because the car was unreliable.

Would he have won if his car had the reliability of the Renault?? Maybe (The McLaren was shit-hot when it was on it's game), but at the end of the day it doesn't matter because it is nothing but speculation.

Alonso had the speed, the reliability and the skill and that won it for him...he seemed to have one of those seasons where everything came together...

Kimi is a good driver no doubt, but so too is Alonso and he proved it many a time throughout the season (one only needs to look back to when he fended off a certain Ferrari driver in the closing stages of an earlier round).

At the end of the day it is a team sport, and Kimi was let down by his equipment, but such is the nature of the sport...

You think Kimi was p*ssed...imagine Schumey fighting with inferior machinery all year.

Alonso rocks and good on him!

LUD02C
04-11-2005, 02:33 PM
I agree with JUS-10.
Mercedes/McLaren let the WDC walk away from Kimi.
Juan let the WCC get away from them.

Wait till God Schumacher wins next it year, Alonso WHO?

Hondavirgin
04-11-2005, 05:11 PM
agree with JUS-10 too, there are a lot of fast drivers out there, but being fast isn't enough to be champion.

Plus, and i've said ti before, when Kimi decided to settle back and wait for pitstops to pass it pi$$ed me off, at least try dammit!

As soon as you start bringing what-ifs into it anything becomes possible, what if the Ferrari hadn't been slow? what if the Williams had had a decent chassis?.......Alonso was a deserving world champion, consistent, smart, fast, determined and hungry all year long.

and next year Fisi will win :D .