PDA

View Full Version : Ozhonda Post Quality System / Knowledgable Posts

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

wynode
05-11-2005, 12:50 AM
What is it?
The Post Quality (PQ) system is used to rate posts as either 'Good" or "Poor" based on its content in terms of accuracy and helpfullness to the thread starter.

The system is there to not only to differentiate knowledgable users but ALSO to indicate users who help out others. That is, help new users obtain a solution to their problem.

You can decide whether to give a good 'rep' point or poor 'rep' point using this guideline:

Positive - Post is on point, informative or interesting
Negative - Post gives wrong information

How do you use it?
All you have to do is click the little http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/aria/buttons/reputation.gif icon next to the post (under their profile) and select either "Good" or "Poor" in the box that pops up. Also leave a small message (such as "Great accurate info!") for the person receiving the PQ point.

How do you reffer to it?
A person's PQ value is represented by little blocks under their profile whenever they make a post. Green blocks means they have a good PQ count and Red blocks means they have a bad PQ score. Hence the more Green blocks you have the better.

For example:
http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/8913/rep5xf.jpg

Grey square/box - You have 0 PQ points (default when you join up)
Green square/box - Each box represents 100 positive PQ points
Red square / box - Each box represents 100 negative PQ points.

How do I know how many PQ points I have?
All you have to do is click on your User CP (http://usercp.php?) and browse down to the bottom of the page.
The number of points you have depends on the power of the user giving you the point(s). The more PQ points a user has, the larger the effect (that is, the number of points given) to the target user.

Who can use this system?
To avoid abuse, initially only moderators will be able to hand out PQ points. However once a user has received 100 PQ points, they are allowed to alter the rep of other users.

Note: Users with less than 100 PQ points can still click the http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/aria/buttons/reputation.gificon however there will be no change to the score of the user who receives this hit. The reasoning being that you need to build up a decent PQ score before you can hand out points to someone else.

When/where to give PQ points?
Given that the system is to be used for knowledgable/technical/helpful posts, it is not to be used for posts made in the lounge or the Photoshop/Photography forum as these are off topic areas. By helpful we mean helpful to the thread starter or other users having questions relating to their Honda motor vehicle. It is not to be used for posts informing others how to use this website and/or its rules.

How do I know if someone gave me a Positive PQ point or a Negative PQ Point?
In your UserCP (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/usercp.php), if the little box next to the PQ point another user gave you is green then you got a positive PQ point. If the box is Red you got a negative PQ point. If the box is grey, then that user had no 'rep power' and hence no effect on your total number of PQ points.

DO NOT PM a modertor to give you a PQ point because you feel you have made a good post. Your posts will be recognised and rewarded as it is read.

If you are unsure about anything then post back here.

Please note that anyone found to be abusing this system will be warned and ultimately BANNED.

NOTE: This system is calle the "Reputation System" on sites that use the same software however to avoid confusion with an individual's "reputation" we have decided to rename it to the Post Quality System.

Update: 2008/01/19 - Put emphasis on the system being an indicator of how much a user helps others.

Q_ball
05-11-2005, 12:54 AM
so is everyone on 0 now wyn?

wynode
05-11-2005, 12:55 AM
Grey box under your name = 0 or just click on your UserCP (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/usercp.php?)

wynode
05-11-2005, 12:58 AM
ALso just note that it will take awhile for the system to cover all the users as at the moment only a very small number of users have >50 points. But bit by bit it will grow :)

Chi
05-11-2005, 12:58 AM
Edit ur posts win u spamming noob.

Paul1985
05-11-2005, 01:20 AM
great work win. hope i can make some good posts in the future :D
all i have under peoples names is http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/aria/buttons/report.gif

the http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/aria/buttons/reputation.gif is only next to my own name on posts

does it stay like this until you can give rep points out?

wynode
05-11-2005, 10:22 AM
Sorry Paul.....all fixed up now

Paul1985
06-11-2005, 10:05 PM
just wondering, are points going to be given to old threads??
for example, if someone with a high rep searches for something and finds a really good answer by a user, can they give points?

Or it an on the spot sort of system where points are to be given as the topic happens?

wynode
08-11-2005, 10:44 AM
well the system is effective as of NOW, however if you do find an old post worhty of a point.........by all means +rep it!

wynode
08-11-2005, 08:35 PM
Updated:

Given that the system is to be used for knowledgable/helpful posts, it is not to be used for posts made in the lounge or the Photoshop/Photography forum as these are off topic areas.

jdmlvn
09-11-2005, 04:41 PM
ohh this is like clubrsx forums. they have the same system. cools. do u all start off with grey bars?

SINISTR
09-11-2005, 04:51 PM
Nice :) well done boyz for implementing something like this :)

hopefully it will weed out un-necessary spamming and posting stupid.useless posts where that aren't welcome!

wynode
09-11-2005, 05:01 PM
ohh this is like clubrsx forums. they have the same system. cools. do u all start off with grey bars?
Yup you start off with a grey dot :)

Difference is that you have to EARN the write to hand out rep points to others (unlike a lot of other forums).

hondaboy
10-11-2005, 01:47 AM
this idea really good i like it lots

incoming
11-11-2005, 07:10 AM
hey win

just curious... what if someone has >50 pts.. are they able to give themselves rep pts?

wynode
11-11-2005, 10:18 AM
Nahh they can only give others rep points :)

jackosimm
15-11-2005, 09:14 PM
Im lookin forward ot making the most of this system
:thumbsup:

wlee2
16-11-2005, 12:04 AM
mm nice.. similar to CRSX in some ways.. i have a question though Wyn..

in CRSX theres "NEG rep Whores" excuse my language =P..

is there going to be a "punnishmen", "disadvantage" for been a neg rep person other than people will frown down at you?

i know its small to start of with and right now only Mods can give out rep points. but sooner or later there will be heaps of people with reppoints and heaps of people givving it out.. and posibly alot of people starting to find ways around it..

regardless (no offence) but it will sooner or later happen (unless u uber strict about giving out point to start of with) its just slowing it down..

not a flame in anyway... but u cant be everywhere at once.. and some mods do "miss" some things.. everyone makes mistakes were human ..

are you going to out in something as a disadvantage for having to many rep points ?

but for now its fine =P..

++ reppoints for having getting it done!!!

DOH cant rep you ^_-....

edit: might be nice to have an advantage for having alot of positive reps too.. maybee faster post times =P.. every 50 points -0.1 seconds of post time =P...

type one
16-11-2005, 07:24 AM
the stupid thing about rep points is that you can give em away for anything and everything... which kind of defeats what i believe to be the original purpose of remvoing post counts etc etc. Just because you have to EARN them doesn't mean thet won't be abused once earned and members won't hand em out like water for stupid things like a naked chick post etc... i mean I WOULD!

Paul1985
16-11-2005, 01:17 PM
people could scam... u give me some rep points and ill give you some. haha

wynode
16-11-2005, 11:21 PM
People can ALWAYS abuse almost any system. Ie user A gets a neg rep from user B........so he/she retaliates and does the same thing back to user B

However the idea is that only people who earn good PQ points (ie 50 or more) can hand out PQ points to others.

It's not fullproof.........but the idea is to take the focus away from post quantity to post quality

wlee2
17-11-2005, 02:03 AM
mm i was going to say would it be me stepping out of line if i was to suggest maybee.. that if anyone is given a rep point that everyone can view why the rep point was given out ? and have like a "report bad post" thing so that u can leave it up to the public to see if "BS" rep points are given out..

i dont know if its really my place to even suggest an idea like this..

either way we can view the reason for reppoint given out.. we can judge or report the points but cannot alter it?

i know it just meens the mods will have more spam to deal with as they will prolly recieve a Pm saying "soso" has reported latida to be a bs point..

just an idea..

i like to think of it like contructive reply .. well atleast i thought it was constructive =P...

type one
17-11-2005, 09:49 AM
you are a member of the community wayne so why would it be out of place for you to suggest this?

how about for every spam post (deemed to be spam by a spam committee of elders) you get penalised with one negative rep point hehehe...

the spam committee of elders could also convene to discuss how to eradicate spam and better ways of weeding out trolls LOL.

Captiva_Blue
21-11-2005, 09:42 PM
What does it mean if I've got a grey box next to one of the rep points given for a post i made in my UserCP? I thought grey box was only in with your name, car specs etc. when you have no points at all. Does that mean I've got a rep point from someone with less than 50 points themself?

I there any way of seeing how many points someone else has?

TRU32U
11-12-2005, 05:22 PM
mmm wonder what my color is////

krasyvy
17-01-2006, 03:02 PM
just realised a thing about giving some -PQ is that it can at times be inneffective.

I say this because I wanted to give someone -PQ but didn't at the risk of pissing them off or just being on bad terms with them...

Maybe thats a bit of an exageration but i've given -PQ to someone for spamming a thread once with useless info and they came back and were like

"WTF WHY GIMME BAD REP FOR?!"

so since then i've only given -PQ to newcomers or not well known members on the forum because i dont want to piss off any regulars due to the fact that i may need help from them in future or might need to buy something off them

just a thought..

pretty bored here at work...

Domokun SPL
17-01-2006, 05:57 PM
Does anyone actively go around the website and hand out QP's to people writing informative posts?

Dont you think it should also be fair for people to submit themselves to get QP's as sometimes, people who are able to give out QP's might become partially complacent and forgetful about handing the points out? If people submit themselves, at least their recent posts can be read and then based on a quick 5 minute skim over their posts be decided if they are allowed membership or not.

panda[cRx]
17-01-2006, 09:32 PM
Does anyone actively go around the website and hand out QP's to people writing informative posts?

i do

the problem is they are usually the same ol members posting info. then u go to give em a point and u get the msg "please distribute to others blah blah blah" :thumbdwn:

wynode
18-01-2006, 11:39 AM
']i do

the problem is they are usually the same ol members posting info. then u go to give em a point and u get the msg "please distribute to others blah blah blah" :thumbdwn:
That's why you gotta look out for other members and also it allows PQ points to spread more / better by having that feature.

It will take a little while to get moving but once its moving it should be fine :)

Domokun SPL
19-01-2006, 11:18 AM
Do the people that hand out QP's go to all the forums? I know some people stick only to a few subforums.

Also, what is the definition of a "quality post" as such, I mean, is it just "yeh, thats helpful" or does it have to be like "wowies mega!"

bennjamin
19-01-2006, 11:41 AM
better if its a truley relevant post/answer/link to the original thread question at hand...
little "advice" isnt worth "+ rep" IMO.

wynode
19-01-2006, 06:02 PM
Do the people that hand out QP's go to all the forums? I know some people stick only to a few subforums.

Also, what is the definition of a "quality post" as such, I mean, is it just "yeh, thats helpful" or does it have to be like "wowies mega!"
Well if it is a quality post if it:

a) answers the question of the thread starter
b) creates further (relevant) and usefull discussion
c) Provides a link to a site or thread that answers the question
d) Is a useful DIY article / review

Domokun SPL
23-01-2006, 12:15 AM
I know it says not to message moderators etc for membership, which is why i havnt. So i will post here and if a mod feels it should be deleted, please do and contact me through PM. I had tried to subtly hint it above, but i think i highlighted an important issues with QP's

Ive been posting on Ozhonda now for about 2-3 months, but only really in the suspension section (most of what i know). I think ive answered many questions "knowledgably" and directly, however i havnt been granted membership yet? I mean, the only real priviledge that i want from membership is so that i could advertise some goods for sale to other members(i guess its quite obvious what). If anyone wants to look through my post history, please go ahead.

So thats why i asked if anyone actually pays attention to giving out QP's and if it done evenly across the whole website.

I am not even asking now to be recognised, as how Tom Hanks says in the terminal..."i will wait"...ive waited so far quietly enough.

Toodles

michael_antoi
23-01-2006, 07:52 AM
it seems like the only reason u signed up here was to sell ur things.

and now just awaiting your +PQ in order to sell.

thats what a lot of ppl used to do - sell the stuff and never be seen again.

but if that's not you then enjoy the site - the fact that you cant sell quite yet shouldn't bother you.

so just be patient.

Domokun SPL
23-01-2006, 08:47 AM
*bennjamin edit ~ dont hijack mate. Edited irrelevant info *

I joined long before I had these plates, if you have a look at my post history, used to own a DC5 about 1 year ago, but since sold it.

But you are right, I will wait.

michael_antoi
23-01-2006, 08:51 AM
lol this isn't the place to advertise man

u already have it in your sig.

Dxs
24-01-2006, 08:56 AM
What does it mean if I've got a grey box next to one of the rep points given for a post i made in my UserCP?

does this mean that the person who gave the rep points doesnt have enough rep points at the moment for them to be effective? and when they get their 50 rep points or whatever then they will turn green?

wynode
24-01-2006, 09:41 PM
does this mean that the person who gave the rep points doesnt have enough rep points at the moment for them to be effective? and when they get their 50 rep points or whatever then they will turn green?
Yes pretty much.

Except its only a green dot IF the person giving you the rep point already has more than 50 points (ie it doesn't turn green later).

Q_ball
24-01-2006, 09:48 PM
its all a bit confusing for a spammer like myself win lol
im jst happy to be here :)
is there a way of seein who has given me some sorta credit if any?? :D

wynode
24-01-2006, 10:03 PM
is there a way of seein who has given me some sorta credit if any?? :D

See the 4th heading in the first post of this thread. Its all there!

tinkerbell
25-01-2006, 08:49 AM
it is quite frustrating,

i keep getting positives from members for helping, but they are all on grey so they dont count... :(

Q_ball - it is listed in your USERCP

wynode
26-01-2006, 02:06 AM
don't worry tinkerbell.......you have to power to hand out to others so do that and the process will spread :)

Main thing is that every tom dick and harry don't have the ability to hand out points.......hence reducing its abuse!

wynode
26-01-2006, 09:50 PM
Just an update.

I have just (temporarily) reduced the PQ point requirement to hand out points from 50 to 20 points.

So that means that once you have 20 PQ points.....then you can hand out PQ points to other users. Just to get the ball rolling a bit quicker.

wynode
10-02-2006, 11:10 AM
Unfortunately no claymore.

Tu88y
12-02-2006, 10:38 AM
Woo Hoo I got 1 point
hehehehe

LO_N_SXC
30-05-2006, 03:02 PM
Hey guys I just wanted to bring up the issue that I have about 8 points listed in my CP but only 2 show up below my Avatar, why is this so?????

tinkerbell
30-05-2006, 03:05 PM
i only see one below your avatar...

each green square = 100 points i think?

i have 138 points or so...

Alpine
31-05-2006, 05:10 PM
According to my points I have received two positives and one negative (which was unfairly given anyway) but yet a red square shows up. Doesn't seem very fair.

bennjamin
31-05-2006, 05:39 PM
what is your point ?

Alpine
31-05-2006, 05:48 PM
What is the point of getting all these positives and then if someone gives you a negative, the whole score gets blown away in one hit, ie you get a green, you get one point. You get a red, you lose 10 points. Seems to focus too much on the negative, that's all.

CUL8R
31-05-2006, 06:02 PM
how do u get a negative? When u full on give 100% wrong information?

chunky
31-05-2006, 06:15 PM
hhhrrrmmmm right
i seem to have a made some pretty good posts dont you think

chunky
06-06-2006, 07:18 PM
waittttttttt
sooo wait a minute
hold up for a sec here
if one were to get -100 rep points would one get 2 red bars?

Zdster
06-06-2006, 07:22 PM
waittttttttt
sooo wait a minute
hold up for a sec here
if one were to get -100 rep points would one get 2 red bars?

Yep, I think that is possible - although you are a little way off that ;).

tRipitaka
06-06-2006, 07:24 PM
What is the point of getting all these positives and then if someone gives you a negative, the whole score gets blown away in one hit, ie you get a green, you get one point. You get a red, you lose 10 points. Seems to focus too much on the negative, that's all.
is this true ? :confused: :confused: :confused:

and is it still at 20 PQ points before you can give other people PQ ?

chunky
06-06-2006, 07:25 PM
lol ok thx

Zdster
06-06-2006, 07:31 PM
is this true ? :confused: :confused: :confused:

and is it still at 20 PQ points before you can give other people PQ ?

Not sure what they are set at. Have to wait until Wyn or Ben gets on.

innozent
11-06-2006, 01:36 AM
really want to post something to sell here....
How can i gain PQ point..

tRipitaka
11-06-2006, 01:37 AM
really want to post something to sell here....
How can i gain PQ point..
read the first post of this thread.

Q_ball
11-06-2006, 10:08 AM
*sigh*
will ppl ever learn!!

CUL8R
11-06-2006, 01:06 PM
qball my friend, NOT GONNA HAPPEN lol

panda[cRx]
11-06-2006, 02:16 PM
i still think wyn should make the search button glow and flash in bright colours lol

aaronng
11-06-2006, 02:23 PM
Everytime you open up ozhonda, a huge banner flashes "SEARCH IS YOUR FRIEND"

CUL8R
11-06-2006, 11:44 PM
in neon!!! lol

DreadAngel
12-06-2006, 02:16 AM
What is the thing you guys all refer to... Ummm... The... I've got problems pronouncing it... Teh Search... Bbbb... Button... Thats it "Teh Search Button?" What is it? Where is it? XD

aaronng
12-06-2006, 03:18 AM
Here...

SEARCH

DreadAngel
12-06-2006, 07:05 PM
LMFAO!!!

Ah! That one...

Search is your friend, it will always guide you to where you want to be...

|N|
12-06-2006, 08:38 PM
how can i get more rep points?
can i buy some?
if so .. how much?

ECU-MAN
12-06-2006, 09:45 PM
i got a few for sale :)

but lets chill spamming this thread

chunky
12-06-2006, 10:52 PM
lol lmao buy rep points
that desperate

Fr3aKi3
12-06-2006, 11:08 PM
I'm not too sure if this has been covered or not, if it has then I apologise.

Is a person able to keep gaining rep points without given any out? Or would they have to give rep points as the system is based on encouraging people to help other?

An example would be a person has 20 points in total, can that person receive more rep points or are they stuck on 20 until they give rep points to others?

ECU-MAN
12-06-2006, 11:09 PM
you are always reciving points.

makes no diff if you give them out or not.

Chris_F
13-06-2006, 08:46 AM
woah negative 10 for 1 bad post? that sounds a bit extreme. My rep doesn't even count yet but i just give it out when i see a good post for when it does. i think people are under the impression there's no point at all given out rep early... there is isn't there?

wynode
18-06-2006, 09:57 PM
woah negative 10 for 1 bad post? that sounds a bit extreme. My rep doesn't even count yet but i just give it out when i see a good post for when it does. i think people are under the impression there's no point at all given out rep early... there is isn't there?
If an admin gives out points (ie myself or bennjamin) then the effect is +/- 10 points on the receiver score.

But for all other users......it depends on how much 'power' (ie points) they currently have.

tRipitaka
18-06-2006, 09:58 PM
win..
is it still at 20 PQ before you can start handing it out ?
or did you update it to 50 ?

|N|
18-06-2006, 09:59 PM
If an admin gives out points (ie myself or bennjamin) then the effect is +/- 10 points on the receiver score.

But for all other users......it depends on how much 'power' (ie points) they currently have.

can i get one from u tehn ? i made alot of good post

SiReal
18-06-2006, 10:21 PM
many of my posts go unnoticed, but i dont mind ;) cos i know i'm helping someone out :) Nick, that was some awesome stuff re EK fitment

Zdster
18-06-2006, 10:36 PM
many of my posts go unnoticed, but i dont mind ;) cos i know i'm helping someone out :) Nick, that was some awesome stuff re EK fitment

I cant give out any more points for 24 hours - given out too many in one day :( ;).

SiReal
18-06-2006, 10:37 PM
haha...Mike ur such a good samaritan!

wynode
18-06-2006, 10:41 PM
win..
is it still at 20 PQ before you can start handing it out ?
or did you update it to 50 ?

It's actually down to 10 now.

Also.......for every 50 points you have, it increases your altering power by 1 point for other users.

Thanks to Zdster for the suggestions!

EDIT: Confused myself and everyone else!

Chris_F
21-06-2006, 05:38 PM

ahh i see, that sounds fair to me

ECU-MAN
22-06-2006, 08:48 PM
ok so after how many point do you get this

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

wynode
23-06-2006, 12:19 AM
ok so after how many point do you get this

How many reputation clicks can a user give over each 24 hour period? 15

Good to see people reaching this limit. If lots of people are then I might increase it ;)

EuroDude
16-07-2006, 10:57 PM

100 per block

RMN15N
17-07-2006, 01:02 PM
ok what about when u get a red box? mine was green and i duno wtf i did its just red now.. how do u make it green once again?

EuroDude
17-07-2006, 01:22 PM
someone gave you a bad rep. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/usercp.php

you need to post some helpful posts to get some positive pq points for a green box

RMN15N
17-07-2006, 01:39 PM
ive checked my usercp it doesnt tell me who gave me a bad point?
and what for i didnt do anything?

EuroDude
17-07-2006, 01:42 PM
Thats strange, PM a mod and ask them to look into it.

wynode
17-07-2006, 10:48 PM
You should be able to see who gave you the neg rating.

Anyways problem has been fixed as you shouldn't have got a neg rating for the thread you posted up.

Paul1985
17-07-2006, 10:57 PM
Is there a max amount of green squares you can get??? lol.
ECU-MAN will be there before we know it :D

wynode
17-07-2006, 11:03 PM
Lets wait and find out :p

I'm too lazy to check right now hehe

EuroDude
23-07-2006, 10:58 PM
Noticed the Points are now displayed. Nice :D

wynode
23-07-2006, 11:06 PM
Yup. John was a bit shocked when he realised users can't see em! (mods can though) :)

kyle
24-07-2006, 02:48 PM
I want to know if regular users are able to view others reputation comments and links. This would be usful to get spot out people who are getting rep points from there mates, not for actually putting foward some useful information. Vise versa it would enable poeple to view people with -tve rep and see why they got it ect ect. And for people with a few points you could see why they are there.

This would be simular how people have a trade rating, yet you can click on that and view all the transaction they have had.

Just a thought.

- Kyle

Zdster
24-07-2006, 03:07 PM
I want to know if regular users are able to view others reputation comments and links. This would be usful to get spot out people who are getting rep points from there mates, not for actually putting foward some useful information. Vise versa it would enable poeple to view people with -tve rep and see why they got it ect ect. And for people with a few points you could see why they are there.

This would be simular how people have a trade rating, yet you can click on that and view all the transaction they have had.

Just a thought.

- Kyle

Good idea Kyle. Not sure of the logistics involved with making all of the comments public so lets see what Wyn says. As it stands at the moment you are not able to see other peoples reputation comments.

SiReal
24-07-2006, 03:30 PM
I think a certain level of exposure is enough i.e. points. Even though there may be 'mates rates' happening, in most cases it is only a small portion.

Points only imo, is enough.

wynode
24-07-2006, 07:00 PM
The way the system is setup only YOU can see what other users have given you. YOu can't see anything about another user except for their points.

Also.....the way the system started.......only mods had the ability to hand out points and then bit by bit knowledgable users got points till they reached a level of points (15) where they can start handing out points.

SO basically to be able to hand out points.......you have to earn them. As opposed to other forums where their ability to hand out points also increases with their post count, join date etc.

There will be abuse of any and every system you implement.........but we've tried to reduce it as best as possible!

If you DO find abuse of the system then report it to a moderator as we do treat it seriously.

chunky
24-07-2006, 07:36 PM
uumm ok
define abusing

ECU-MAN
24-07-2006, 08:01 PM
giving someone -points for no reson
giving someone + points for no reson
giving points to spam type of post
giving - points coz someopne pissed you off.

quangsta
24-07-2006, 08:18 PM
i still think what kyle said is a good idea...i rather click on someones PQ and see what they know about then clicking on someones trade rating and seeing 'A+++++ awesome buyer'

as this forum is 'suppose' to be a more technical and informative forum then a for sales site...

for trading rating the simple no. is good enough
for PQ, where u get it or for wat post is more relevant to this forum and to the users...

Paul1985
24-07-2006, 08:25 PM
Well someone may be knowledgable and get a fair few PQ points and also be a scammer...
Nothing wrong with the trader system IMO. Its a different system to the PQ system

|N|
24-07-2006, 08:44 PM
how come i dun get any PQ from admin

wynode
24-07-2006, 09:34 PM
i still think what kyle said is a good idea...i rather click on someones PQ and see what they know about then clicking on someones trade rating and seeing 'A+++++ awesome buyer'

as this forum is 'suppose' to be a more technical and informative forum then a for sales site...

for trading rating the simple no. is good enough
for PQ, where u get it or for wat post is more relevant to this forum and to the users...
Dood did you read my reply even?

ECU-MAN
24-07-2006, 09:40 PM
how come i dun get any PQ from admin

coz you spamm to much :)

kyle
24-07-2006, 10:59 PM
I think that the system is quite good as it is. I don't think there is much if any 'back scratching' going on. I just thought it would be neat to be able to see what posts a person made in which they got rep for.

kyle
24-07-2006, 11:01 PM
giving someone -points for no reson
giving someone + points for no reson
giving points to spam type of post
giving - points coz someopne pissed you off.

Theres also the thing where as if you see someone being a dik, and you reward them with -tv rep, then they will most likley retaliate.

bungsai
29-07-2006, 08:13 PM
Just a quick Q,

i noticed the pst in the lounge stating that PQ points are only for technical discussion...why is this?

To be honest, i received a point for my posts in panda's licence debarcle thread which i think was deserved...however it is actually forbidden...

I can understand that you would not want people giving out pq points for finding awesome pics of naked girls, or some amazing car, but should the PQ system really be limited to technical discussion?

What about a good post that helps someone find something in the WTB section, etc.

Im not stirring trouble...

Just some thoughts...

wynode
30-07-2006, 07:17 PM
Thanks for the feedback!

Well to make things simple we've dissalowed people from using it in the lounge, because its not always going to be clear cut as to whether it was 'relevant' or not.

If we just say its for technical related posts in the tech and model specific forums then it makes it much easier to monitor.

On other forums people get points for posting up pr0n and other things......we just don't want that to happen here. Also if you see a reply from a person with a lot of points you know that they know what they're talking about.

Hope that makes sense!

cuongn
16-08-2006, 04:11 PM
i seriously still dont get it,, wat u mean clickin on da grey box, i click on da grey box nothing happens

cuongn
16-08-2006, 04:12 PM
my grey box neva turns green
i dont no how to make it turn green

cuongn
16-08-2006, 04:14 PM
how do i even give a pq point
can someone please run da steps ova to me, like point form, cuz reading the sticky if so confuseing..

RMN15N
16-08-2006, 04:19 PM
it's pretty straight forward cuongn if your box is grey it means you have no points in this point of time, start by contributing to the technical section.

If you get the right answers a mod will gladly reward you with a PQ point,
and how many depends on how good your posts are
example benji gives out 10 points at a time so it's got to be a pretty good post for him to give you one.

if you want to give somone a point.. you simply click on that star next to online/offline
and just type in the reason why you gave them a point etc, just as if you were to give a -1 point

somone gonna rep me for this one?

jdm_kid
16-08-2006, 07:59 PM
it's pretty straight forward cuongn if your box is grey it means you have no points in this point of time, start by contributing to the technical section.

sorry cant give u rep points lol :p not in technican section
but yes RMN15N is half way there...
cuongn, just try and keep helping out as much as u can and you will be awarded soon enuff :)

RMN15N
17-08-2006, 12:06 AM
sorry cant give u rep points lol :p not in technican section
but yes RMN15N is half way there...
cuongn, just try and keep helping out as much as u can and you will be awarded soon enuff :)

lol @ simon... it was supposed to be a joke..

wynode
17-08-2006, 08:27 AM
^As above.

cuongn, if you start by not making 3 posts within a few mins (just edit your first post) that might help.

aDe
28-11-2006, 11:46 AM
How do you use it?
All you have to do is click the little icon next to the post (under their profile) and select either "Good" or "Poor" in the box that pops up. Also leave a small message (such as "Great accurate info!") for the person receiving the PQ point.

Im bit confused, is this actually rate thread on the right top hand side of the post or it's the one under the join date location and pictures on the user profile? and two box under that said add to reputation and report?

can someone clarify? thx

Q_ball
28-11-2006, 11:49 AM
Under the user profile, the icon that reads "add to XXX reputation".

Fr3aKi3
28-11-2006, 02:48 PM
Two boxes under the username.

Reputation: either + or - rep points, + points if the post is correct and informative, - if wrong or dangerous info is given. This is for the user's reputation, it's an indication of how knowledgable/helpful they are.

Report Post: This is used to report a post to a moderator, for example if a topic such as "civic colour coding" was posted in the "Integra" section then you use the "report post" and add a breif decription stating that it was posted in the incorrect section.

The rate the thread is for the thread itself and not just the user. For example the "Clean ek " thread has high rating since there are lots of users who post and view it and think it's a good thread.

funkdr
28-11-2006, 11:32 PM
I see you have the msg up on the forum page now i spose i just need to post more good stuff to get rid of it.

klam1902
10-12-2006, 09:13 PM
i still dun know how it work....can someone pls explain to me a bit more clear or easier way?

klam1902
10-12-2006, 09:16 PM
I still dun know how it work....can someone pls explain to me a bit more clear or easier way?

ECU-MAN
10-12-2006, 09:17 PM
make a good post that helps others on this forum.
example

not spamming
giving your thoughts about something
help some with good technical advice

and you will recive a positive point

give out incorect and unacurate information then you can get a negative point.

simple

ECU-MAN
10-12-2006, 09:17 PM
double posting isnt a good start

|N|
10-12-2006, 09:20 PM
where can i purchase some rep points?

ECU-MAN
10-12-2006, 09:21 PM
ill sell you some of mine

Kandy
10-12-2006, 10:58 PM
why is ECU-MAN's last square glowing?

Q_ball
11-12-2006, 09:50 AM
why is ECU-MAN's last square glowing?

Girls...always attracted to bright, bling bling things LOL
Like moths to a flame...*sigh

Muzz
13-12-2006, 03:50 PM
just wondering guys, only in the last 4 or so months, ive become aware of this point system. When i look at my user cp, i can see my latest 15 positive points, but up in the top it sais a total of 42 qp's. Is there anyway i can view these qualitly points from before the last visiable 15 that i can see now?

ECU-MAN
13-12-2006, 05:23 PM
not that I know of.

Id love to know why the last block is glowing as well.

destrukshn
13-12-2006, 05:38 PM
not that I know of.

beucase your special.
lol.

JasonGilholme
13-12-2006, 05:43 PM
i think it'd be because you've hit the max number of blocks. lol Bloody smart ass! :p

EuroDude
13-12-2006, 08:34 PM
not that I know of.

it probably changes colour every 5 blocks ftw
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/9270/image1wd6.jpg

RMN15N
13-12-2006, 08:38 PM
LOL @ ecu man..

wynode
13-12-2006, 09:05 PM
I believe that after you get 5 green blocks.....any blocks after that are a different colour (ie light green).

Will confirm.

Q_ball
13-12-2006, 09:43 PM
Can you experiment by puttin my points up to 1000 for a couple days and see how many boxes come up? lol

ECU-MAN
13-12-2006, 09:56 PM
lol at eurodude

16 green block gangster rolf

aaronng
13-12-2006, 10:44 PM
And when it hits the red block, it's VTEC time!

Oh wait.... red block's already allocated for -ve points.

Kandy
14-12-2006, 12:42 AM
just wondering guys, only in the last 4 or so months, ive become aware of this point system. When i look at my user cp, i can see my latest 15 positive points, but up in the top it sais a total of 42 qp's. Is there anyway i can view these qualitly points from before the last visiable 15 that i can see now?
Maybe you only received 15 positive rep, but the value of each rep was high??
It depends on who gives them to you and how many rep points they have, to how many actual points you receive.

yourfather
14-12-2006, 12:45 AM
nah cuz i have like 139 rep points, and I can only see 15 too.

it only keeps the latest ones in that list.

Kandy
14-12-2006, 01:08 AM
ah, never mind me then ;)

wynode
14-12-2006, 09:18 PM
You can only see the last 15 comments.

funkdr
14-12-2006, 09:48 PM
Well found a question that needed answering was something i know alot on and bingo PQ points and member stats too easy

panda[cRx]
15-12-2006, 09:33 PM
i count 15...

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/9270/image1wd6.jpg

EuroDude
15-12-2006, 09:49 PM
;1009466']i count 15...

gangsters pull a few strings to get an extra box :p

na grabbed "16" from the GX160 text, couldnt be bothered making a 5 character lol

vtecbrad
23-01-2007, 12:17 PM
ok, i am wanting to sell some xx on this site but i havent got my points to do so, what do i need to do? please help??

Zdster
23-01-2007, 12:26 PM
ok, i am wanting to sell some xx on this site but i havent got my points to do so, what do i need to do? please help??

As has been stated over and over again, contribute to the site by adding useful comments and the members/mods will notice. Once this happens you will receive points and then you can sell.

vtecbrad
23-01-2007, 12:42 PM
But i have been posting since i joined and i dont have any points at all,

Fr3aKi3
23-01-2007, 01:34 PM
You may have been posting ever since you joined, however if nobody finds your post useful or helpful then they will not give any PQ/rep points.

aaronng
23-01-2007, 03:28 PM
But i have been posting since i joined and i dont have any points at all,

Looks like someone just gave you points.

vtecbrad
23-01-2007, 03:46 PM
thanks zdster
so does this mean i can advertise now??

aaronng
23-01-2007, 04:19 PM
thanks zdster
so does this mean i can advertise now??

Yes :)

wynode
28-01-2007, 11:15 AM
Updated first post:

When/where to give PQ points?
Given that the system is to be used for knowledgable/technical/helpful posts, it is not to be used for posts made in the lounge or the Photoshop/Photography forum as these are off topic areas.

The system is ONLY for technically related posts and DOES NOT apply in the lounge :thumbsup:

Muzz
28-01-2007, 02:29 PM

i have 46 quality points so far, and a single green box, which dosnt seem to correspond to the above info.

How many points do i need to reach to get another box?, 200?

wynode
28-01-2007, 02:33 PM
0-99 = one box
100-199 = two boxes
etc

ECU-MAN
28-01-2007, 02:35 PM
what is the maximum boxes ????

wynode
28-01-2007, 02:52 PM
Not sure..........but if we wait a few more months maybe you can tell us John? :p

klam1902
30-01-2007, 12:48 AM
Guys,

Can some one please explain to me how I can gain points in order for me to list my . . . for sale in the forum? It is still very confusing to me.

Many Thanks.

Muzz
30-01-2007, 12:54 AM
Too get the points to start selling, you need quality points. These quality points come from making informative/helpful/correct posts that make people think "hey this guy knows what he is talking about" they will give you a quality point.

I believe its 20 points that you need to begin selling, you can check your points by clicking on the "user cp" botton on the top of the page, scroll down to check your points.

chunky
30-01-2007, 11:04 AM
cooooooool so u can get lyk 6 red boxes

An41
30-01-2007, 11:30 AM
I believe its 20 points that you need to begin selling, you can check your points by clicking on the "user cp" botton on the top of the page, scroll down to check your points.

An41, welcome to Ozhonda. In order to gain "Member" status and earn the right to sell items in the Marketplace you need to be registered for atleast 90 days and have a minimum of 1 Post Quality(PQ) point.

Zdster
30-01-2007, 12:05 PM
Guys,

Can some one please explain to me how I can gain points in order for me to list . . . ? It is still very confusing to me.

Many Thanks.

It states pretty clearly that you must be registered for a certain period and 'contribute to the site'.

SiReal
30-01-2007, 01:19 PM
um. i bad repped someone, then they send me a PM abusing me. how great is that ;)

An41
30-01-2007, 01:33 PM
could you get repped for linking someone to a helpful DIY?

tRipitaka
30-01-2007, 01:58 PM
could you get repped for linking someone to a helpful DIY?

yep..

An41
30-01-2007, 02:06 PM
yep..

cool now hopefully someone stumbles across it

Zdster
30-01-2007, 02:06 PM
um. i bad repped someone, then they send me a PM abusing me. how great is that ;)

Thats because I didnt deserve it :D.

Q_ball
30-01-2007, 06:23 PM

You should see the list of PMs that i have for neg reppin ppl ;) lol

wynode
30-01-2007, 07:47 PM
If someone is found to abuse the system then shoot myself or bennjamin a PM.

DO NOT PM us for silly reasons though :)

Muzz
30-01-2007, 07:55 PM
i heard that i negative rep, takes away 10 positive points, is this correct, or are they both weighted the same?

wynode
30-01-2007, 09:48 PM
i heard that i negative rep, takes away 10 positive points, is this correct, or are they both weighted the same?
They are both weighted the same.

klam1902
30-01-2007, 10:21 PM
Thank you MUZZ....I sort of understand now...

TODA AU
10-02-2007, 05:18 AM
Seems to me the rep point system could have an inverse proportion rule applied.

ProECU
10-02-2007, 09:55 PM
either that or just an internet popularity contest.

yourfather
10-02-2007, 11:50 PM
... i guess it's up to you to determine how others think of you?

aaronng
11-02-2007, 12:04 AM
Don't need rep to be loved. Everyone loves(d) Honda Enthusiast and IAMVTEC.

yourfather
11-02-2007, 12:06 AM
sometimes love is just another four letter word.

TODA AU
11-02-2007, 07:57 AM
IMO, the rep system is inherently flawed…
Enthusiasm has replaced knowledge & experience.

I ask that forum members’ day job be displayed under the points shown…
Who they work for & what they do there…
(I doubt it would be implemented & no doubt most would lie to hide the truth)
It would certainly add weight to the rep system though.

E.g.:
Rep points ***** (Shining beacon of light & all that shit)
Day job – Roses only - Florist

Rep points * (Knows a thing or two)
Day job – BAR Honda - Chief engineer

panda[cRx]
11-02-2007, 10:58 AM
it is intended as a point of reference, not a bible to live by

if the florist has had more helpful technical posts than the engineer i dont see the problem in them having more rep points.
you and ev obviously know your shit, why let a few green squares bother you?

bennjamin
11-02-2007, 11:39 AM
;1063637']
you and ev obviously know your shit, why let a few green squares bother you?

If you have the spare time and apply yourself you can achieve 4 boxes or 10 or 24. It seems members with no gain tend to help out abit more than others only because we are browsing at the same time rather than checking up on trading etc.

wynode
11-02-2007, 09:22 PM
It's not a full proof way of saying how much a person knows technically speaking......there never will be a full proof way.

THe rep points/PQ points system was brought in to work hand in hand with the restriction on new users selling (ie you have to be registered for xx many days and have atleast 1 PQ point).

Previously we took into account a users postcount but that was no good because people would signup, spam for a few days to get a few posts and then sell without bothering to help anyone else out.

With the PQ system they HAVE to help another person out in order to earn the right to sell.

The squares are just an indicator.

SiReal
12-02-2007, 08:24 AM
IMO, the rep system is inherently flawed…
Enthusiasm has replaced knowledge & experience.

I ask that forum members’ day job be displayed under the points shown…
Who they work for & what they do there…
(I doubt it would be implemented & no doubt most would lie to hide the truth)
It would certainly add weight to the rep system though.

E.g.:
Rep points ***** (Shining beacon of light & all that shit)
Day job – Roses only - Florist

Rep points * (Knows a thing or two)
Day job – BAR Honda - Chief engineer

FFS, Internet + personal information don't mix!?

some people learn from experience by doing DIYs, experimenting and providing answers to those that are in similar situations. Just because someone is a florist does not mean they do not have the experience.

working for Honda, or mechanic or knowing how to put an engine together does not mean shit when you have the ego and attitude to match it.

btw, please don't take this as a personal attack on your behalf. Peace :)

A.G.System
12-02-2007, 08:37 AM
With the PQ system they HAVE to help another person out in order to earn the right to sell.

See the problem there is that if you know a few mates on the forum and you have only just signed up then they can just PQ point you and your set to go.

The same problem is when you give noobs the power to remove PQ points without having any themselves.

You could be the most knowledgeable person about subject A but if a noob doesn't have any idea but disagrees with you because they think the sky is green or whatever they have the power to remove points.

The inherent problem that i see here is that unless you can make it, to add a point the person that adds it must have posted in the same forum and some indicator comes up in the post that rep point was given (This then allows moderators the ability to remove said point if just spam). And to remove points the person must be either a mod or at a higher level than the poster.

That way people are judged by their peers and not randoms that THINK they have a clue (99% of the time only to have said random shot down by many others).

SiReal
12-02-2007, 08:42 AM
From what I've seen since the introduction of the PQ system is they are only taken away when the user is being a jerk/prick. Not from misinformation.

And its a given. mates will give to mates ;) Its also a shame because u always see the same ppl giving advice. And u can't continuously rep them due to system constraints.

Q_ball
12-02-2007, 08:48 AM
The same problem is when you give noobs the power to remove PQ points without having any themselves.

Actually, those that dont have 20 PQ points, DONT affect other members at all

A.G.System
12-02-2007, 09:25 AM
you may want to check that.

TODA AU
12-02-2007, 11:40 AM
Win… Yeah, I guess that’s fair comment…

FFS, Internet + personal information don't mix!?
some people learn from experience by doing DIYs, experimenting and providing answers to those that are in similar situations. Just because someone is a florist does not mean they do not have the experience.
working for Honda, or mechanic or knowing how to put an engine together does not mean shit when you have the ego and attitude to match it.
btw, please don't take this as a personal attack on your behalf. Peace

LOL… No offence taken. (I must admit I am stirring the pot a little as its kind of fun)

I agree with what you say for the most parts,
However I don’t think perceptions of ego & or attitude shouldn’t play a part.
Say someone (that by all accounts is a total prick) tells you exactly what is wrong with your car & how to fix it.
Just because he’s not popular, should his attitude really have any bearing whether or not he is perceived to know what he’s talking about.

Apologies to all the florists among us… No offence intended.

bennjamin
12-02-2007, 11:45 AM
There are quite a few "pricks" on this forum which not everyone likes
~ but people still listen to them since (issues/conflicts) are not personal.
Prick or not ~ if you have something useful at the right time , then you will get the +rep.
Its luck and timing really :)
Keep helping out and you will eventually get + more points.
And if you dish out incorrect info you get - points taken off.

yourfather
12-02-2007, 11:51 AM
Say someone (that by all accounts is a total prick) tells you exactly what is wrong with your car & how to fix it.
Just because he’s not popular, should his attitude really have any bearing whether or not he is perceived to know what he’s talking about.

well, i guess - if someone knows their stuff, and tells you exactly what is wrong with your car and how to fix it, regardless of their attitude towards it, I would still give it a rep point.

I'd rather not have some happy little love fest about who is better and blah blah blah. But I'd hope that people who were on here, were just as enthusiastic about helping others, because thats what makes it a community.

Let's say that everyone with the knowledge to help others on this forum is arrogant, aggressive and really rude, although correct in their assumption.

Specifically in your case - as a trader. The way people treat others can reflect on things like sales........

His attitude shouldn't have any bearing on what he or she knows about, but it could affect how he or she is perceived.

Q_ball
12-02-2007, 11:55 AM

I know it to be a fact

panda[cRx]
12-02-2007, 12:10 PM
^ i concour

another thing you guys are forgetting about receiving negative PQ points is that you can always ask a mod/admin about it.
if someone is misusing the PQ points system REPORT IT.... i'm pretty sure mods/admin wont take it lightly

yourfather
12-02-2007, 01:13 PM
:) I know people who have been banned for it

wynode
12-02-2007, 09:23 PM

You need to have atleast 50 PQ points before you can affect another users PQ points.

Just double checked that and Q is correct. If you can show me otherwise let me know and I'll check it out.

;1064996']
another thing you guys are forgetting about receiving negative PQ points is that you can always ask a mod/admin about it.
if someone is misusing the PQ points system REPORT IT.... i'm pretty sure mods/admin wont take it lightly

Exactly. We take abuse of the system VERY seriously and that is one reason it incurrs 10 infraction (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59373)points (out of a total of 20, when an automatic ban is issued).

ProECU
13-02-2007, 08:56 AM
And if you dish out incorrect info you get - points taken off.

No Offence intended Ben, but how does someone like you get 4+ blocks ?

As for me, this isn't my livelihood. I don't care anymore. I just come here now for the for sale section. Adrian has a point, and further to his comments, I believe the technical section should be scrapped. There are ZERO technical posts in those porums, and nothing that cant be relocated to the car sections.
At least that way, those aching for technical knowledge don't have their hopes falsely overinflated.
Take my post in there, it's actually quite trivial, but look at the level of response. Aside from a select few (those mostly with 1 or 2 blocks) are the main contributors. Ironic.

anyway....I'm buying a Porsche. Might check out some Porsche forums instead. At least there its probable I wont find a dagger in my back from my own cousin.

Q_ball
13-02-2007, 09:08 AM
^I think what you and Adrian are trying to work out, is how people with supposed “lower” knowledge level are able to have more green blocks than yourselves (professionals in the field of mechanics)?

Answer is simple, they post more than you.

They have more blocks as they post more “helpful” information than the pros in this forum.
If you posted more, you’d be rewarded by the members who read your posts.

Blocks don’t mean which member knows more, or is more educated or qualified, it’s an indicator of who’s more helpful – based on members’ judgement.

bennjamin
13-02-2007, 12:22 PM
No Offence intended Ben, but how does someone like you get 4+ blocks ?

As for me, this isn't my livelihood. I don't care anymore. I just come here now for the for sale section. Adrian has a point, and further to his comments, I believe the technical section should be scrapped. There are ZERO technical posts in those porums, and nothing that cant be relocated to the car sections.
At least that way, those aching for technical knowledge don't have their hopes falsely overinflated.
Take my post in there, it's actually quite trivial, but look at the level of response. Aside from a select few (those mostly with 1 or 2 blocks) are the main contributors. Ironic.

anyway....I'm buying a Porsche. Might check out some Porsche forums instead. At least there its probable I wont find a dagger in my back from my own cousin.

Its pure luck Evan. People either like or dont like your posts ~ and as said much before you post more you get the rep points. But if anyone makes a mistake or false information then you get a neg. rep duh :cool:
This "system" is governed by the people not the owner/moderators or even any individual here.

BTW the technical section is for general enquiries ( IE non model specific) and is hardly a place for technical debate. Its mostly problems that are quite vauge and havent been covered before too much.

A.G.System
13-02-2007, 12:49 PM
Its pure luck Evan. People either like or dont like your posts ~ and as said much before you post more you get the rep points. But if anyone makes a mistake or false information then you get a neg. rep duh :cool:
This "system" is governed by the people not the owner/moderators or even any individual here.

On saying that i guess if you are liked more by people or have a lot of friends then it wouldn't matter how accurate your posts were as you'd get rep points from them anyhow.

This makes me think that the whole idea of rep points is kinda a useless feature that should probably be scrapped.

If you wanted to block people from posting in the for sale forums thats easy. make the lounge posts not count towards totals and moderate the other forums to not tolerate spam.
then when someone hits their 50 or 100 posts they can access the for sale forums.

But this isn't as easy as adding a rep point quota instead.

I fully agree with Evan in regards to places like OH becoming popularity contests and not what you know but who you know and who's toes you have trodden on. {this is not a racist comment} but unless you are Asian on here it is kinda hard to follow the running dialogue sometimes. Again another form of unless you are in a set crowd your not accepted. {and please DON'T try to tell me that this is not the case because i have seen it way too many times}

There are those of us that know a lot of stuff that we can pass onto others but when we do and in some cases it goes against a sponsor or someones friend. Then the bitch fighting and name calling starts. We don't need this kinda petty crap. Usually this results in people not bothering to post at all.

If people would use the search bar for example 80% of questions would have already been covered.
Hell its not like the Honda range is THAT huge.
and most mods are the same old same old.

To sum it all up i liked hondas for the fact they were a great car to drive and not the status symbol. I also like the fact that IF you are a true driver you accept the person for the car and not what they look like. Its just a shame that the community is so bias and pig headed. kinda plays right into the anti ricers hands.

yfin
13-02-2007, 01:26 PM
What do you guys think about not seeing post count anymore?

Being a mod I get to see post count and find it useful (not to guage knowlede but more as a rough guide to contribution).

As for the rep system - that can always be changed if enough people don't like it. I don't use it as a basis for determining knowledge and can understand why some people are not supporters of it.

ProECU
13-02-2007, 01:41 PM
BTW the technical section is for general enquiries ( IE non model specific) and is hardly a place for technical debate. Its mostly problems that are quite vauge and havent been covered before too much.

A technical section for general enquiries?
Dumbfounded! I am in awe of that comment!

aaronng
13-02-2007, 02:12 PM
On saying that i guess if you are liked more by people or have a lot of friends then it wouldn't matter how accurate your posts were as you'd get rep points from them anyhow.

I don't agree. I admit that I am not a mechanic (Honda or otherwise). I am still learning as I go along. I check my last 15 PQ points given to me and I don't even know any of them nor have chatted to them outside of a technical/model sections (they are not even people that I know from the Lounge). So I don't agree that that you get more points if you are liked or if you have a lot of friends here. If your type of posts are too technical, then your scope of audience is narrower. But that's the thing, people come on to Ozhonda for help because they don't have the technical background. They want help for simple problems. And it is those simple problems that the real mechanics and technical people here choose to ignore. That is the reason why others get more points. It's because they take the time to help someone with a question as simple as "what colour is OEM brake fluid".

I fully agree with Evan in regards to places like OH becoming popularity contests and not what you know but who you know and who's toes you have trodden on. {this is not a racist comment} but unless you are Asian on here it is kinda hard to follow the running dialogue sometimes. Again another form of unless you are in a set crowd your not accepted. {and please DON'T try to tell me that this is not the case because i have seen it way too many times}
That's only in the lounge. And points that are given in the lounge are not counted anyway.

There are those of us that know a lot of stuff that we can pass onto others but when we do and in some cases it goes against a sponsor or someones friend. Then the bitch fighting and name calling starts. We don't need this kinda petty crap. Usually this results in people not bothering to post at all.
True, when I see a bitch fight starting, I pull out and stop posting unless I am really passionate about the topic. But yeah, it does happen and what we've been trying to do is just to shut down the thread before it gets worse. Usually it results in an ultra-rude PM from the offender.

aaronng
13-02-2007, 02:19 PM
A technical section for general enquiries?
Dumbfounded! I am in awe of that comment!

That's because ECU tuning and engine work is under the "All Motor" and/or "Forced Induction" sections.

yourfather
13-02-2007, 02:43 PM

make sure you post up pics if ya do :)

i'd like to see it.

ProECU
13-02-2007, 03:00 PM
That's because ECU tuning and engine work is under the "All Motor" and/or "Forced Induction" sections.

uh?
Either i'm missing a few screws and don't comprehend english very well, or you mods are onto some good whacky tobaccy...

I honestly do not understand what you guys are trying to say.

Doesn't matter really. Lets move on.

aaronng
13-02-2007, 05:47 PM
uh?
Either i'm missing a few screws and don't comprehend english very well, or you mods are onto some good whacky tobaccy...

I honestly do not understand what you guys are trying to say.

Sorry, I thought your speciality was in engine and ECU tuning... I meant to say that Ben meant that any technical enquiry that does not fall into the categories of engine, ecu, suspension and model specific get put into the technical section. So simple questions like "which cable do I tap for a 12v supply" still fall into the technical section eventhough it is not a true technical question. For the really silly ones like "why do my wipers skip", we not have the noob section. Do you frequent the threads in the noob section? That's where members who are totally clueless need the most help. And they are the ones who are really appreciative of any good help that they can get and give out PQ points to show that.

*puts down whack tobaccy* :D

panda[cRx]
13-02-2007, 06:36 PM
If you wanted to block people from posting in the for sale forums thats easy. make the lounge posts not count towards totals and moderate the other forums to not tolerate spam.
then when someone hits their 50 or 100 posts they can access the for sale forums.

we had a similar system in place before the introduction of PQ points. all it did was encourage spam in serious/tech threads as lounge posts have not attributed to post counts for some time now

you could clearly see people stop their spamming as soon as they hit got their member status and were allowed to sell

lol most of the 'bitch fighting' in tech sections is from the traders/tuners, including toda au and proecu that are here complaining about this pq system
(not having a dig but they both know it's true :))

as aarong said the members with very high technical knowledge 'generally' only post in threads regarding tune's or engine builds (or their for sale threads in the case of traders).... not the average joe schmoe post about some concern they have with their daily run around

If people would use the search bar for example 80% of questions would have already been covered.
Hell its not like the Honda range is THAT huge.
and most mods are the same old same old.

lol nobody searches, never have, never will
it's just a sad fact of life :thumbdwn:

I also like the fact that IF you are a true driver you accept the person for the car and not what they look like. Its just a shame that the community is so bias and pig headed. kinda plays right into the anti ricers hands.

i may be misinterpreting this comment but it seems you are implying that the majority asian posters you mentioned before are not accepting of non-asians of the forum?

A.G.System
13-02-2007, 08:38 PM
;1067019']i may be misinterpreting this comment but it seems you are implying that the majority asian posters you mentioned before are not accepting of non-asians of the forum?

More to do with the fact that if someone doesnt fit the mold of a typical honda driver then a lot of the time they are not accepted as one.

It shouldn't be anything to do with race, colour, creed or religion.... it is meant to be about the cars and the driving experience with them.

I feel that a lot of people on these forums have lost that view point because they are so quick to judge.

Its a shame really.

panda[cRx]
13-02-2007, 08:48 PM
sure there is rice bashing but other than that i can't say i've seen cases of what you are refering too

oh well each to their own

ProECU
13-02-2007, 10:19 PM
;1067019']lol most of the 'bitch fighting' in tech sections is from the traders/tuners, including toda au and proecu that are here complaining about this pq system
(not having a dig but they both know it's true :))

no offence taken, but thats the typical response from you guys and its an ignorant one.

yourfather
13-02-2007, 10:24 PM
I'd have to disagree with that.

It's not like you are one that likes to sugar coat your words.

wynode
13-02-2007, 10:29 PM
More to do with the fact that if someone doesnt fit the mold of a typical honda driver then a lot of the time they are not accepted as one.

It shouldn't be anything to do with race, colour, creed or religion.... it is meant to be about the cars and the driving experience with them.

I'm not sure I see how these comments fit into this thread? Feel free to create a new thread if you have genuine concerns and I/we will see what we can do.

I think you'll find that the way the forum works has changed over time as its membership base grew. To fully understand this you need to see things as they were when the site first started and then grew.

Initially there was no restriction on selling in the Marketplace. Then we had people signing up just to sell things and then not returning or helping anyone else out. The idea is to create a community where everyone helps each other out.
So we brought in the post count restriction in order to sell. As a result we had people just spamming to get their post count up and then selling as soon as they could.
So we decided to hide post counts and introduce a minimum registration preiod along with the postcount restriction. This didn't help because people would still spam.
Finally we introduced the PQ points system such that users HAD to help others out in order to be able to sell something. Given this is the largest Honda forum in Australia the fact that you don't have to pay anything to sell (just answer someone question or point them in the right direction) is what I would call a fair deal.

uh?

Speaking of moving on......I thought you were moving on.....but you're still here? :)

ProECU
13-02-2007, 10:42 PM
Hoping this place will change for the better.

Would you prefer I left altogether?

yourfather
13-02-2007, 10:44 PM
only way to change stuff is to be involved in it.

being cynical and stuff doesnt fix anything.

ProECU
13-02-2007, 10:49 PM
I'd have to disagree with that.

It's not like you are one that likes to sugar coat your words.

So what you're saying here is that you'd prefer I talk in circles and roundabouts, rather than be precise and honest?

Interesting strategy, but not my style.

yourfather
13-02-2007, 10:50 PM
Nah man, im not saying that at all.

What i'm saying is,

You can be direct, and correct, but you don't have to be blunt all the time.

ProECU
14-02-2007, 11:46 AM
Hoping this place will change for the better.
Would you prefer I left altogether?

If you delete all my posts ever made, then I will gladly oblige Wyn.

Your call.

bennjamin
14-02-2007, 02:16 PM
Evan you are speaking in circles and roundabouts.

What is exactly is the problem with the Post quality system ?
Any other ideas everyone ?

SiReal
14-02-2007, 05:18 PM
rather than continually stating the cons, why not actually offer some CONSTRUCTIVE criticism to make it better. Accept that the PQ system will never be removed, so learn to live with it. 10,300 + other so members can, why can't you? Or is it purely a grudge against the other moderators?

Sure its a little unfair at times, but its a fact of life that you don't get everything you want. If you can't accept this, then obviously the rules of civilisation haven't reached you yet.

edit: proECU, this is not pointed at you bluntly, but really to all that keep criticising. Don't forget who owns this site. At the end of the day, its a public domain, run by the ppl that created it. It is unrealistic to assume they will hand over power to anyone who requests it. Alternatively, if still unsatisfied, start up another forum and you can have your way.

panda[cRx]
14-02-2007, 05:22 PM
i don't see a 14yo spelling level as a novelty, but hey that might be an achievement in your neck of the woods?

i also don't see any anger or violence that you mention?

and lastly i do dislike you but i'm not angry at you :)

you are the one that needs some anger management classes. you're always spitting the dummy threatening to leave over petty bullshit.
here you are complaining about a system which barely applies to you as you rarely help the general public as their car queries/problems are too petty for you (ie. not a tuning/engine build thread)

as said in a delete post how about you try and have some POSITIVE input on the forum?
i'm sure you could be a great asset to the forum if you wanted to, you just choose not to

edit:

Yeah Panda, what he said, lol

oh shit u pwned me again. i'll leave the thread with what little dignity i have left :(

aaronng
14-02-2007, 05:24 PM
So you won year 8 spelling bee contest. Congratulations.
What other novelty circus tricks do you have up your sleeve?

Don't get angry little fella, it was only 1 negative PQ point.

Proof the PQ system doesnt work, it breeds e-violence too :)

The PQ system is meant to be used in the technical and model sections only. Since you have used it in the site discussion section, it shows that it is not the PQ system that breeds e-violence. It is people like you. ;)

yfin
14-02-2007, 06:59 PM
You don't like the PQ system - fair enough (I am not the biggest fan either). But we all live with it because it is the best system we could come up with at this point in time. Your suggestions about change have been noted too. Just because your ideas are not immediaately implemented by the moderating team is not a reflection on you or the worthiness of your suggestion.

If you really were a supporter of Ozhonda you would just focus on what you are good at - giving technical advice and not getting caught up in petty personal disputes.

It is plain for everyone to see you have had some personal issues with certain members of the moderating team in the past. But the time has come for you to get on with your life and let it go. Everyone else is able to do that. So the decision is not for Wyn to tell you to leave or for us to delete all your old posts. You need to decide whether you are here to help out the Ozhonda community or whether you are forever going to hold grudges. Life is too short to hold grudges but you need to realise that for yourself.

bennjamin
15-02-2007, 01:16 PM
ProECU , TODA AU , panda[cRx] , everyone ~ its going around in circles.
"We" all think we know best but its just immature to argue it out here.

You got a problem with this system , type it up here and lets talk about it :)
If you have a problem with a member , be a man and pm the guy/girl and talk about it there.

Anyone else have any issues about the PQ system ?

Its implemented and judged BY THE PEOPLE and not the moderators. If you are whining because you feel "superior" and cant see why another gets more blocks , you only have yourself to blame. Get to it and be helpful !

Q_ball
15-02-2007, 01:39 PM
I say just close this thread...

ProECU
15-02-2007, 04:08 PM
The amount of deleted posts on this page is impressive.

ProECU
15-02-2007, 04:10 PM
If you have a problem with a member , be a man and pm the guy/girl and talk about it there.

Yes, they should. I think thats the issue...Wishful thinking, but lets hope he takes your advice.

wynode
15-02-2007, 08:52 PM
Posts were deleted because they were off topic.

This thread is for discussing the PQ points system only. If you have any other concerns make a new thread.

bennjamin
04-03-2007, 05:37 PM
Just a thought on the system for discussion. In the past few weeks there have been a couple of posts with GREAT photography and or interesting subject matter using photography that were posted by members. But under the present rules they can not get any rep points for their efforts. Is now the time to change the rules and allow rep points for special efforts in posting above average photo shoots or for photos of out of the ordinary subjects?

The work taking, then blocking plate numbers, then hosting, then posting photos is very time consuming sometimes taking hours to get everything done and the photos posted.

What do the mods think about allowing the posters to get rep points for all the posters hard work and skill at photography?

Rep points are reserved for knowledge based answers and technical posts only. Its a representation to others of a members "involvement" and actual knowledge . It helps others identify those that can help out.

People post images up because they want to show off , not to be rewarded :)

If you allow rep points for the "effort" in taking pictures then what will be next ? (puts hand up for golden rep points for moderators for the millions of hours put in effort) :wave:

wynode
04-03-2007, 11:24 PM
Calymore, it's like ben said (saves me doing all that typing :p). Basically its meant to be only for tech posts to do with cars/Hondas

kyobibi
13-03-2007, 03:34 PM
how many reputation points do i require to have before i receive member status?

aaronng
13-03-2007, 03:37 PM
how many reputation points do i require to have before i receive member status?

1 point and be a newcomer for 90 days.

kyobibi
13-03-2007, 04:23 PM
1 point and be a newcomer for 90 days.

there must be something wrong with my account because my user cp shows 5 points and have been a member for 1 year, 1 month.

(and thanks for the extra quick answers :))

panda[cRx]
13-03-2007, 04:29 PM
do those points in your user cp have green or grey boxes next to them?

for the points to be worth anything (ie. green square) the giver needs to have 50 pts, otherwise u get the grey square which means shit all.... other than that warm fuzzy feeling of having a 'rep point' :)

kyobibi
13-03-2007, 04:31 PM
;1099580']do those points in your user cp have green or grey boxes next to them?

for the points to be worth anything (ie. green square) the giver needs to have 50 pts, otherwise u get the grey square which means shit all.... other than that warm fuzzy feeling of having a 'rep point' :)

ahh i get it now :)
i've been reading the rep points faq over and over.. i finally understand it now.
thanks panda =)

kiwicuz
13-03-2007, 09:06 PM
Hey there I am finding it hard to gain member status I have been a member for 3 months and specalise in audio/visual-alarms-a/con but all posts on these subjects are very general most the time and have been answered ten times correctly already most the time, help a brotha out wit some tips pleeeeeeeeeeesssee..............

QuintessentiaLs
18-04-2007, 12:50 PM
I've been a member for years and still no member status yet :(

dc2dc2dc2
18-04-2007, 12:53 PM
are u making good posts?

QuintessentiaLs
18-04-2007, 02:24 PM
Obviously not good enough to get the points...

chunky
18-04-2007, 02:49 PM
does bennjamins neg rep count for minus a ***ing million?
i got lyk -12 now
WTF!
i had green box a while ago

chunky
18-04-2007, 02:50 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?p=952992#post952992
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
nick rep me up ben rep me down frk

dc2dc2dc2
18-04-2007, 02:50 PM
bahahahahahaa...

that is what u'd called

uber pwned~!

bennjamin
18-04-2007, 04:04 PM

ahahah !

thats totally irrelevant to NA VTEC motors. Its for V6's or V8's .
So neg rep for just googling + pasting and NOT looking at the article yourself :P

Q_ball
18-04-2007, 04:11 PM

Dont ask for rep points!

chunky
18-04-2007, 05:14 PM
arrggsshhh still y do i ahve -12?
only 1 person -reped me

tangyoonee
18-04-2007, 10:38 PM
I still can't figure out how to give PQ.
the icons above are not showing so I'm not sure which one u r talkin abt.
sorry..

dc2dc2dc2
18-04-2007, 10:40 PM
click on the box next to the green dot :)

yourfather
18-04-2007, 11:13 PM
arrggsshhh still y do i ahve -12?
only 1 person -reped me

prior history

Vinnie
19-04-2007, 01:42 AM
hmm well in my user cp it says ive got 5 rep points but i can only see 3 (2 greens and a grey). dunno wats with the other 2...

also how many pq points do i need to get rid of my 'unknown quantity at this point' status?

theres prob an easy explanation here i jus dont know it :)

Zdster
19-04-2007, 09:04 AM
hmm well in my user cp it says ive got 5 rep points but i can only see 3 (2 greens and a grey). dunno wats with the other 2...

also how many pq points do i need to get rid of my 'unknown quantity at this point' status?

The points are weighted depending on how many points the person repping you has.

Not sure about your second question, but probably 50 would be my guess.

wynode
19-04-2007, 11:05 PM
I still can't figure out how to give PQ.
the icons above are not showing so I'm not sure which one u r talkin abt.
sorry..

Click the little icon that looks like this -> http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/images/aria/buttons/reputation.gif

It depends on the user giving you the point. The green dot just means you got a +.ve point but that user might have a rep power of 2 (meaning he effectively gave you 2 points).

Like I keep telling everyone......don't get caught up in having the 'most number of points'. The system was only brought in to stop people spamming in order to sell things!

Mr_will
08-05-2007, 10:22 AM
i have question...

when a new user gives a + rep point it still comes up as a grey square (i base this on having + rep from newbies, with positive comments...maybe im wrong and they messed up), yet i also got a - rep from a new user, which was just a transparent grey square too, see the attached pic.

my question is, if the user doesnt leave a comment, and is a newbie, how do we know whether theyve left + or - rep?

wynode
08-05-2007, 10:34 PM
If the box is grey it means that user has no rep power. Ie you can't tell if they gave you +rep or -rep.

If they gave you +rep the box will be green.
If they gave you -rep the box will be red

EDIT: Just updated the first post to address your question:

How do I know if someone gave me a Positive PQ point or a Negative PQ Point?
In your UserCP (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/usercp.php), if the little box next to the PQ point another user gave you is green then you got a positive PQ point. If the box is Red you got a negative PQ point. If the box is grey, then that user had no 'rep power' and hence no effect on your total number of PQ points.

Mr_will
08-05-2007, 10:39 PM

when they get enough points themselves to be able to give red/green, will it change, or is it only from that point on?