PDA

View Full Version : angel eye rings

fadz
06-11-2005, 01:46 AM
for any of you civic owner who hav angel eyes, what can you do to make the rings glow very bright, becoz i realised thers no globes for em anyone know??

[R]
06-11-2005, 09:10 AM
when i purchased my projectors, i was provided with an extra harness..
which allows you to directly link it to the battery..
contact motorware perhaps.. ?

fadz
06-11-2005, 09:44 AM
wheres motorware? im in sydney mate

[R]
06-11-2005, 09:53 AM
in melb.. but they may be able to send em out to ya...

hotcvic
06-11-2005, 10:08 AM
for any of you civic owner who hav angel eyes, what can you do to make the rings glow very bright, becoz i realised thers no globes for em anyone know??

I wouldn't attempt to make them brighter if I were you. My halo's use LED's (as in 99.9% of all cases). 3 out of my 4 halo's have now blown, as they need a regulated power supply, as the surge of 14v from the alternator will kill them eventually.

My car looks stupid now with only 1 halo working around one of the projector lights, so I have disabled the halo's. I have new headlights ordered from the US, the 3 beam with halo. Kinda looks like the old Ford XR6 headlights where the lights are deep set in holes.

This time, I will put a voltage regulator, so any spikes from the cars electricals won't kill them.

wOlfee
06-11-2005, 04:40 PM
yeh mine arn't very bright :/

RMN15N
29-05-2006, 02:28 AM
hey dudes i have the angel eyes too one ov my rings have blown do u know where i can get that fixed or somthing or do i just change the bulb? if there is one... roughly how much is it to fix

saxman
29-05-2006, 08:04 AM
only way to make 'em glow bright is to remove the rings that are there, and replace them with ccfl rings. Bit of an undertaking though

EGB16A
29-05-2006, 08:16 AM
only way to make 'em glow bright is to remove the rings that are there, and replace them with ccfl rings. Bit of an undertaking though

ccfl = cold cathode?

saxman
29-05-2006, 06:24 PM
indeed... lots of oem cars are going that way

VTi_b0i
29-05-2006, 06:28 PM
mine are bright :)

civ_sik
29-05-2006, 06:34 PM
same i can almost drive at night with them on... almost...

TKO
29-05-2006, 06:44 PM
hey dudes i have the angel eyes too one ov my rings have blown do u know where i can get that fixed or somthing or do i just change the bulb? if there is one... roughly how much is it to fix

Anyone know the answer to this question?
I have one ring in a near dead status.

saxman
29-05-2006, 07:16 PM
Anyone know the answer to this question?
I have one ring in a near dead status.
it's a result of cheap construction. Basically, they have led's wired in. You can swap the led's out with higher quality units and do a bit of work to get the voltage going to them to regulated, etc, but it generally involves taking the lights apart(lenses off, etc).

At that point, you might as well try to put a ccfl tube in... it'll look better, last longer, etc

cnidus
31-05-2006, 10:19 AM
where do you source the ccfl rings from?

fadz
31-05-2006, 10:42 AM
hmmm iv tried looking on ebay for the ccfl rings, they only have them for BMW, anyone know where you can get them from??? in Sydney?

saxman
31-05-2006, 10:47 AM
where do you source the ccfl rings from?
cheapest place to find some would be somewhere that sells light up fans for computer cases. They're cheap, come with the invertor needed, and come in a variety of colors.

You're never going to find a ccfl ring specifically for those lights... you just need to find out their diameter, and find something that'll fit.

RMN15N
31-05-2006, 03:01 PM
well this doesnt answer the first question tho.. where can u get the led repaired..? i have one busted one and i need it to b fixed for a hot4's shoot rofl HELP

EGB16A
31-05-2006, 03:37 PM
well this doesnt answer the first question tho.. where can u get the led repaired..? i have one busted one and i need it to b fixed for a hot4's shoot rofl HELP

you don't repair a LED, you replace it. Dick smith or tandy would be able to help you out with this one.

as saxman stated earlier, the shitty part is that you'll basically have to dis-assemble the whole light, and wire in the new LED.

Just be sure to get the annode and the cathode around the correct way, and give it a test before you put it back in :thumbsup:

I'd recommend doing it yourself, however the only thing i'd worry about is not having a decent seal ie. water proof, once it gets re-assembled. thats where selley's all clear comes in! LOL

Mr. Focus
31-05-2006, 03:58 PM
awesome advice from EGB16A! steer clear of auto ellecies unless you know them! i just got charged 1300 to get my angel eyes working again....i nearly had to kick my own ass

EGB16A
31-05-2006, 04:12 PM
awesome advice from EGB16A! steer clear of auto ellecies unless you know them! i just got charged 1300 to get my angel eyes working again....i nearly had to kick my own ass
WOAH!!!

they saw you coming, you can get about 3 pairs for that price!?

Mr. Focus
01-06-2006, 11:43 AM
bloody oath!! they only cost me $150 to buy, so i could get 10 sets for that. that was my ECU $$$$ too....no turbo for me now :(

RMN15N
01-06-2006, 05:10 PM
LMAO that is the stupidest bullshit ive ever heard.. 1300? thats a fkn new a new gear box
hahahahaahahahaha!!!
what shop was this again?? i wanna go and get quoted just for laughs!

saxman
01-06-2006, 06:39 PM
I wish I could get paid $1300 to change out a $.25 led

Fo55il
02-06-2006, 06:17 AM
whooaaa, $13000??? Sum ill Shi* u smokin man - no offence but really hard to belive that ... i got angel eyes they all stuffed up - they flash like old tube lights then eventually stop workin - the only way to repair em is to take em apart which is freakin hard cause d seals r waterproof hence a bitch to open - but can be done wid a hot knife, welll dats how i did it.

saxman
02-06-2006, 08:57 AM
whooaaa, $13000??? Sum ill Shi* u smokin man - no offence but really hard to belive that ... i got angel eyes they all stuffed up - they flash like old tube lights then eventually stop workin - the only way to repair em is to take em apart which is freakin hard cause d seals r waterproof hence a bitch to open - but can be done wid a hot knife, welll dats how i did it.
pop 'em in an oven at 250 degrees for about 5 minutes, and the lenses should pull right off

EGB16A
02-06-2006, 09:07 AM
pop 'em in an oven at 250 degrees for about 5 minutes, and the lenses should pull right off

celcius or farenheit? i'm guessing farenheit? and is that pre heated LOL

saxman
02-06-2006, 09:18 AM
farenheit, sorry... don't work in celcius much over here

generally when I open up lights(considering I make a lot of custom headlights, this is somewhat often), I'll preheat to 225-250ish, then put them in the oven on some sort of cookie sheet, etc(just so it's not directly on the wire frame rack with less surface area). Put 'em in for a few minutes, check and see how it goes, etc. Just take your time, check it a lot, and don't try to force anything.

EGB16A
02-06-2006, 09:24 AM
farenheit, sorry... don't work in celcius much over here

generally when I open up lights(considering I make a lot of custom headlights, this is somewhat often), I'll preheat to 225-250ish, then put them in the oven on some sort of cookie sheet, etc(just so it's not directly on the wire frame rack with less surface area). Put 'em in for a few minutes, check and see how it goes, etc. Just take your time, check it a lot, and don't try to force anything.

I think i'm going to have to do a DIY on this shit soon, one of my LEDs blew the other night. I'll just have to consider how i'm going to regulate the voltage so this doesn't happen again. Maybe some sort of group buy can be in order for some decent LED's to replace the crap that these headlight initially came with....

Something else to fix on the car..... hmmmmmm......

saxman
02-06-2006, 09:48 AM
with how cheap led's are, I can't imagine why you'd even need to do a group buy... they're really really cheap.

EGB16A
02-06-2006, 10:27 AM
with how cheap led's are, I can't imagine why you'd even need to do a group buy... they're really really cheap.

true, but i hate when people go to dicksmith and pay through the roof, when i know how much shit like this really costs :thumbdwn:

same for cables and connectors etc etc

RMN15N
03-06-2006, 04:37 AM
firstly when u guys got the lights did it come with the loom?
and did u guys install it .. if u guys did
would it still blow.?
i connected it up the butcher way thru the parkers. hence prob the reason why it blew.. anyone care to answer?

DjRob
03-06-2006, 05:38 PM
My angel eyes has not blown any bulbs yet. (knocks on wood)

I bought my angle eyes from Motorware in Melb. It came with a wiring harness that hooks onto the battery so when i put on the high beams, the high beam light and driving light stays on.

when i didnt have it and i wanted to use the high beams the driving lights would go off and the high beam lights would come on..

I done the same thing as you RMN15N. I hooked them up to the parkers and mine are still ok.

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/3571/photo00279hd.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

I also have another pair, when i was adjusting it, the light bulb casing poped off the adjustment screw and i cant get it back on. i need to take it apart to fix but im scared if i put it in the oven i might make it worst or even melt it.

RMN15N
04-06-2006, 06:29 PM
My angel eyes has not blown any bulbs yet. (knocks on wood)

I bought my angle eyes from Motorware in Melb. It came with a wiring harness that hooks onto the battery so when i put on the high beams, the high beam light and driving light stays on.

when i didnt have it and i wanted to use the high beams the driving lights would go off and the high beam lights would come on..

I done the same thing as you RMN15N. I hooked them up to the parkers and mine are still ok.

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/3571/photo00279hd.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

I also have another pair, when i was adjusting it, the light bulb casing poped off the adjustment screw and i cant get it back on. i need to take it apart to fix but im scared if i put it in the oven i might make it worst or even melt it.

where do u get this harnes?

DjRob
05-06-2006, 09:50 AM
It came with it when i bought it.

RMN15N
05-06-2006, 12:01 PM
srz??.. how does it look like can u send me a pic ?

Mr. Focus
05-06-2006, 12:01 PM

would you like to see the receipt???

the angel eyes/projectors burnt out the wiring and connectors to my light switch. he then re-wired the headlights, replaced the switch and charged me $1300. $770 was in labour!!!

EGB16A
05-06-2006, 12:36 PM
would you like to see the receipt???

the angel eyes/projectors burnt out the wiring and connectors to my light switch. he then re-wired the headlights, replaced the switch and charged me $1300. $770 was in labour!!!

so ~$500 for some wire and a light switch??

Mr. Focus
05-06-2006, 02:17 PM
yeap. i got ripped bigtime. that was ECU $$$ for my boost install

2MPRSS
05-06-2006, 02:18 PM
dont buy angel eyes,they shit,and expensive no warranty for them either

EK4R
10-06-2006, 01:10 PM
can i get a pic of this harness that connects directly to the power supply and how its connected?

also where i get the voltage regulator? i was told a fuse would do the trick too and just replace it, how i go about this?

someone write up a DIY!!! :)

defect
11-06-2006, 01:06 PM
i wouldnt take my car to any shop that charges 700 to fix my lights
Thats a rort hardc0re

civic01
13-06-2006, 02:13 PM
yeah i have the same sort of problem i have angel eye lights but the ring doesnt light up properly.

is there seperate wiring for the angel eye halo????

RMN15N
13-06-2006, 02:14 PM
Hahahaha. I Fixed My Mofo Angel Eye Light And I Didnt Pull It Apart Or Nothing Hahahaha Mother***n Light Works Yeah Baby

well i got sick of it so i just pulled it all out smashed the the light wit my fist...
then put in the new phillips crystal vision light bulb..
then my bro was adjusting the height and bam the ring just lit up again i was like WTF?

and it looks halo wire has been kinda melted maybe scrubbing agains the belts?

blu3illusion84
13-06-2006, 05:53 PM
wanna smashed my halo light too :(
one of my ring blown out!

Limbo
14-06-2006, 03:11 PM
just wondering are they legal cos someone told me you can get booked for having them so i haven't brought any yet....

RMN15N
14-06-2006, 04:59 PM
nah i dont think u get booked unless u drive around at night with just the rings on

Suzii
06-08-2007, 10:04 AM
Well considering you all know what you're talking about, does anyone want to come fix mine when my halos blow. I'm serious.

Fo55il
09-08-2007, 01:57 PM
yo - i can fix em if any1 wants . !!!!

can even add more halos if u want ...

full custom

haha

Suzii
20-08-2007, 07:16 AM
yo - i can fix em if any1 wants . !!!!

can even add more halos if u want ...

full custom

haha

You wanna fix mine? 2 of the 4 halos don't work.

Fo55il
20-08-2007, 11:34 AM
ye man if u want !!! pm me

kazam
20-08-2007, 11:40 AM
how hard is it to move the halo around, for example, angeleyes that can be bought from australia, the outer halos light up, but with american ones, the inner two light up... so from left to right it goes: halo halo nothing nothing halo halo... if you get wat i mean, i'd like it to go: nothing halo halo halo halo nothing...

Fo55il
20-08-2007, 03:57 PM
lol - dat is so confusing - but u dun want halo on d indicators yeah ? d sonar ones come like that, they dun have halos on the indicators,

ive customised my ones - n i got halos on all three - ye im greedy lol

kazam
21-08-2007, 11:29 AM
lol - dat is so confusing - but u dun want halo on d indicators yeah ? d sonar ones come like that, they dun have halos on the indicators,

ive customised my ones - n i got halos on all three - ye im greedy lol

if i bought halos and sent them to you in melb, could you do mine to :)

Fo55il
21-08-2007, 03:08 PM
u gon buy ones that r stuffed already n send em ?
i can do em for ya if u want .
pm me tho . better if u have hotmail.com