PDA

View Full Version : ek4 brake pad sizes

roar
06-11-2005, 03:22 AM
hey...just a quick question...

a while ago i went to a brake store and bought some bendix brakes for my civic (worst mistake ever...off topic sorry)...

apparently honda had a really wise idea of having different brakepad sizes for the same model cars (with civics)...

like i purchased the set that was prescribed on the bendix catalog, but alas, they didn't fit correctly...so i had to trace out the pattern and write down the pad code to replace the bendix pads for another set...and i forgot the actual size lol =)

my question is...how would you easily tell what pads your calipers are compatible with without taking apart your calipers...because i am interested in ordering a set of winmax's off egsi but dun wanna stuff up again

thanks for your time

Slaz
06-11-2005, 04:12 AM
Pretty sure you'd just have to state what model EK you have and if you had dramas the first time run with the pad model that was given to you once you traced your pads for the ones you have now.

Slaz.

chartinael
06-11-2005, 06:05 AM
The calipers the EK4 as well as EG6, EG5, etc have installed have a number impressed in them. i.e. the rear caliper say 7CLP13S so you all pads for this caliper will fit with the corresponding rotors. I prefer the OEM pads ... they don't cover the rims with as much dust as aftermarket pads do. The rotors for the rear EK4 are different between 96-98 and 99 - 00. I have not checked on the pad part numbers however but presume they are identical.