PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust: Straight Vs. Angle

ObiWong
06-11-2005, 06:55 PM
Hey guys,
got an EG Civic sedan and just got a new cat-back 2inch exhaust with a JunBL 2" resonator and 2.5" JunBL spiral muffler
At the moment it's on straight, but it seems to stick out a bit.... wondering if yo uguys reckon if it should be straight or on an angle? purely aesthetics and just can't decide between which one
Also, if i put a body kit on later, will the exhaust be able to be on an angle?
thx

[T][L]
06-11-2005, 06:57 PM
tilted up and in a angle

LowEk
06-11-2005, 07:15 PM
mines straight but on a up angle slightly you just have to watch when you go on a angle it scrapes on everything a guy i know just brought a XFORCE full exuast system and it goes under the rear axle lasted one week before he wore a hole in his new stainless exuast.

aStRooo
06-11-2005, 08:03 PM
above axle (straight muffler) piping follows the stock piping route. the main reason why under axle (angled muffler) piping is chosen is to eliminate two bends in the piping (more free flowing). downside is that the piping is much lower to the ground, and hence you have to be more careful on bumps and dips. bodykit can always be moddified to accomodate an angled muffler

BADHBT
06-11-2005, 08:43 PM
not really
i had no problem with mine

it just depends on how low you want to go!

ObiWong
06-11-2005, 08:58 PM
so badhbt urs is on an angle, and u havne't had too much troubles with scraping ur exhaust?

BADHBT
08-11-2005, 08:12 PM
lol abit late!

yes mine is under axle and angled out, no problem with scrapping what so ever!

ObiWong
08-11-2005, 09:02 PM
kewl...... thx heaps for the advice
yeah that was the main thing i was worried about cos the store that installed my exhaust said that they weren't inclined to do it cos the exhaust would scrape and they weren't gonna replace my muffler.... but yeah i think i'll do it anyways and just be really careful
but thx heaps

J-MuN
08-11-2005, 09:43 PM
Having an angled exhaust, you will usually have the problems of scrapping when going over bumps or ramps or driveways. Plus every tom dick and harry has it. It looks so cheap and tacky IMO, plain ugly and ricey. Keep it straight. :thumbsup:

egSi
09-11-2005, 08:20 AM
i have hod both, straight. angled and under axel.

my car is too low to accomodate a under axel now. i scrape my cat on bumpy road ffs.

angled mufflers r just for looks, if ur not low go under axel.

btw dont get a kit :thumbdwn: get a nice muffler and angle it if u want but only go underaxel w/angle if ur not low.

bungsai
25-12-2005, 12:36 PM
ure a total noob.....:P:P