PDA

View Full Version : DIY Main PGMFI Relay repair

ECU-MAN
06-11-2005, 10:44 PM
Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Aim: To get the car running again
Required: 10mm socket, wratchet to suit, solder, solering iron, flat head screw driver.
Steps: not many

so your car starts fine, but after some driving it will stall and wont restart, or restart then stall again, this can be symptoms of the Main PGMFI Relay at fault, as well as other things like coil, ICM, but since the main relay is so easy to fix, why not start there.

A good sign of the relay at fault is you might not hear the fuel pump prime for 5 seconds when you 1st turn on the IGN, ( it can still prime if the relay is faulty )
also low or no fuel pressure.

STEP 1: Locate the main PGMFI relay, you will find it under the dash, commonly the RHS but dont be fooled, lots of modles have them on the LHS, CRV for example you have to remove the glove box. the relay looks like this

http://ecu-man.com/diy/pgmfi-relay/H048.jpg

STEP 2: remove the relay, there will be one bolt with a 10mm head. unplug the wiring harness.

Step 3: open the main relay, use a flat head screw driver to pry it open, do this evenly from both sides.

http://ecu-man.com/diy/pgmfi-relay/H050.jpg

Step 4: look for the dry solder joint, if you cant see it just reflow the solder on all the joins, add solder but not to much, allow the solder to melt and bond to the components. reflow the solder on every join, only takes 5 minutes.

http://ecu-man.com/diy/pgmfi-relay/H058.jpg

STEP 5: reasmeble the relay in revers to disasembly and refit to the vehicle.

thats it !!!

if your unsure of the Main PGMFI Relay location for your vehicle, just reply and im sure someone or myself will tell you.

if you have fixed your relay and still have problems of not starting, start looking at your disributor, eg ICM, Coil. also the ignition switch

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

[stealth]
06-11-2005, 11:05 PM
always a comprehensive read...

good job ;)

Paul1985
06-11-2005, 11:12 PM
good read :thumbsup:
i know where to start if my car stalls now.

SiR JDM
06-11-2005, 11:24 PM
Just did this recently myself. Car starts perfectly now.

Great write up John... again :thumbsup:

bennjamin
07-11-2005, 12:44 PM
IMO you can DIY drill a small amount of uniform holes around the enclosure to prevent old relays heating up/dissipate the heat in future too :)

wynode
08-11-2005, 11:08 AM
nice work again there John!

+PQ point!

egSi
08-11-2005, 11:48 AM
nice, u have the skills to pay the bills alright :D

Dxs
08-02-2006, 03:20 PM
get the pics up again please :p

ECU-MAN
08-02-2006, 08:22 PM
there you go

fried
03-03-2006, 11:38 PM
can i just buy a new one? used one? from honda?

for dc2.

THANKS

sockai
02-05-2006, 02:20 AM
hey does anyone know where the relay is located on a da9 teggy?

ECU-MAN
02-05-2006, 09:20 AM
its been a while, But I recon its behind the glovebox, more to the left of the car.

CRXer
02-05-2006, 10:33 AM
The DA9 could be similar to the Gen2 crx,my crx relay is tucked in behind the hood release/coin tray area bolted to the side of car & is a bit hard to spot at first.

majic777
03-05-2006, 11:01 PM
on a da9 its directly beneath the steering column, near the blinker relay

h22a accord
27-01-2007, 11:44 AM
i have located the main relay under the RHS dash of my cd5 accord but bugger me if i can actually remove it.

any tips other than breaking it out?

dfekm3
27-01-2007, 03:04 PM
as usual.. thanks john.. wat would we do with out you here!

haha

ECU-MAN
27-01-2007, 04:46 PM
:)

sometimes you can take the bottom cover off while the relay housing is in the car, then slide the relay internals out of its housing..

ACTI0NMAN-1
18-02-2007, 06:00 PM
just did this today. did notice the cheap solder they used all pitted and tarnished.

Da9 one is under the wheel, behind the bottom cover. Should be black and have 'Mitsuba' printed on it.

czy_sol87
20-02-2007, 04:12 PM
did this a couple of weeks ago to my bros crx
it was having trouble starting and the fuel pump wasnt priming
so i decided to try fixing the main relay and it works, so far anyway

good work ecu man:thumbsup:

STARTSat7
23-03-2007, 07:22 AM
is it to the site of the wall plugged in not screwed in

ACTI0NMAN-1
23-03-2007, 08:00 AM
just did this today. did notice the cheap solder they used all pitted and tarnished.

Da9 one is under the wheel, behind the bottom cover. Should be black and have 'Mitsuba' printed on it.

*Update*

Worked for a few weeks, now its playing up again. so for me, its time for a new relay.

EK4R
26-04-2007, 03:49 PM
where is it on the EK4?

Paul1985
18-05-2007, 05:43 PM
all the solder on mine looks ok. Is it worth resoldering them all???

CRXer
18-05-2007, 07:36 PM

Heres a good eg of a cold joint on a relay i repaired recently,see the ring around the solder where the arrow is,reflow any that look like this,they can be very subtle & not easily seen,so its not hard to just reflow them all.Also while u have it apart give the relay contacts a bit of a spray with some contact cleaner.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/CRXer/IMG_1297Small.jpg

ECU-MAN
18-05-2007, 08:59 PM

yes it is worth reflowing the solder. defanantly wont hurt.

hyrpm
18-05-2007, 09:30 PM
did this on my crx works a treat used to not start sometimes when you couldnt hear the click now its all good starts everytime you need a small tip soldering iron though

guwarkjay888
18-05-2007, 10:48 PM
Do you reckon this will solve my problem? As the symptoms are similar to my problem (sorta :S)

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66707

Anyone know where it would be located in a 1989 Honda Accord Si? Or any Accords for a start?

So all you have to do is re-solder all the points and then plug it back in?

Thanks, Chris

ECU-MAN
18-05-2007, 11:05 PM
Do you reckon this will solve my problem? As the symptoms are similar to my problem (sorta :S)

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66707

Anyone know where it would be located in a 1989 Honda Accord Si? Or any Accords for a start?

So all you have to do is re-solder all the points and then plug it back in?

Thanks, Chris

you have nothing to loose by trying it.

and yes, the fist post in the thread is all about resoldering all the contact and puting it back, thats all it is.

hardest part is removing it from the car.

on an 1989 it should be under the drives side dash. some older accords had it behind the glove box.

guwarkjay888
18-05-2007, 11:13 PM
you have nothing to loose by trying it.

and yes, the fist post in the thread is all about resoldering all the contact and puting it back, thats all it is.

hardest part is removing it from the car.

on an 1989 it should be under the drives side dash. some older accords had it behind the glove box.

LOL how the hell do i get behind the glove box? It was hard enough changing the glove box light, let alone removing the whole glove box itself. So the relay is not in the engine? Under the driver side dash? Where is that? You mean under the speedo? Do you access it from engine bay or interior?

Sorry i am a total newb, got no idea where anything is.

OH btw thanks for posting the DIY, will definitely try it.

ECU-MAN
18-05-2007, 11:16 PM
the glovebox is the easiest thing ever to remove. two bolts with an 8mm socket and undo both bottom hindges.

and yes under the drivers dash means above the pedals near the fues box.

the pgmfi relay is never in the engine bay

guwarkjay888
19-05-2007, 12:04 AM
the glovebox is the easiest thing ever to remove. two bolts with an 8mm socket and undo both bottom hindges.

and yes under the drivers dash means above the pedals near the fues box.

the pgmfi relay is never in the engine bay

Thanks heaps, will check both spots out tomorrow morning.

ECU-MAN
19-05-2007, 12:11 AM
by the look of you avitar, try behind the glove box

qikteg
26-05-2007, 05:43 PM
does anybody know where to locate the main relay on a da3 teg?

beeza
26-06-2007, 11:26 AM
Is this the same fuse you would remove to prevent someone from stealing your car? Apart from your ECU fuse.

ECU-MAN
26-06-2007, 07:36 PM
the main pgmfi relay is not a fues.

but yes if its not there the car wont start

beeza
27-06-2007, 10:02 AM
^^ Cool.Would U know where it is on a 96 EK Civic Sedan plz ECU-MAN.

TheGoodDeal
27-06-2007, 11:35 AM
^^ Cool.Would U know where it is on a 96 EK Civic Sedan plz ECU-MAN.
It's behind glovebox, on the top left side

beeza
27-06-2007, 12:01 PM
Thanks mate.Damn not convenient.
Apart from the ECU Fuse is there another one that I can pull out in the fuse box in the car that will prevent the car from starting?

TheGoodDeal
27-06-2007, 01:38 PM
Careful when u pull out ECU Fuse. You have to start car and let idle for at least 10 minutes minimum or Radiator fan kick in twice to allowing your ecu to "learn". Check this link http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38742

beeza
27-06-2007, 02:09 PM
^^ Yeh totally resetting the ECU fuse.That's why it's better to not take it in or out.
Is there another one that I can pull out in the fuse box in the car that will prevent the car from starting?

ECU-MAN
27-06-2007, 10:20 PM
probe the main relay with a test light till you find the fuel pump power wire, then wire a switch in series to it.

beeza
29-06-2007, 02:54 PM
I'm will be installing a fuel pump cut off switch but I was just wondering if there was a fuse I could remove aswell.

ECU-MAN
29-06-2007, 05:32 PM
no fuse

beeza
29-06-2007, 05:44 PM
^^ Thanks mate.

TheGoodDeal
06-07-2007, 01:15 PM
^^ Yeh totally resetting the ECU fuse.That's why it's better to not take it in or out.
Is there another one that I can pull out in the fuse box in the car that will prevent the car from starting?

I check the Honda Civic (96-98) Service Manual, page 14-40. I think we can pull out fuse No.42 (20A) (Ignition fuse) or No.44 (15A) (PGM-FI relay fuse) of Under-Hood Fuse/Relay Box to prevent the car from starting.

TheSaint
06-07-2007, 08:27 PM
so anyone know the part no. of this relay if i wanna replace it?

beeza
07-07-2007, 10:39 PM
I check the Honda Civic (96-98) Service Manual, page 14-40. I think we can pull out fuse No.42 (20A) (Ignition fuse) or No.44 (15A) (PGM-FI relay fuse) of Under-Hood Fuse/Relay Box to prevent the car from starting.

Thank U.I'll give that a go :thumbsup:
I think this sort of thing would be handy to know if you park ya car in a dodgy area.I mean not that you would but on the rare occasion there's no option...

Bludger
12-07-2007, 06:56 PM
John, did this to our 90' Accord EXi

you saved me over $100 to replace the f0cker

thank you

ECU-MAN
12-07-2007, 10:46 PM
good stuff,

glad it worked out for you

Klayemore
04-08-2007, 09:03 PM
Please some help: couldnt find anything that had MITSUBA written on it, but found a box with ME22 on it. Looked similar, so took that out and resoldered the joints, but now it's not starting at all - the starter motor just keeps going.

Did I do wrong? :|

I'm a ****n electrical n00b

CRXer
04-08-2007, 09:46 PM
Take some pics of what box u worked on & what u did to it.

Is your fuel pump priming for 2 secs when u turn on the ignition?

See if u have power to the injectors when ign turned on.

Klayemore
04-08-2007, 09:49 PM
Damn. I just found the Main relay box after ****ing around with that other thing. Don't have a cam to take pics, but its around the same size as the main realy, 6 connectors and fixed by a plastic clip under the steering rack. Has 'ME 22' printed on it.

The fuel pump stopped priming sometimes, which made me think it was the main relay, but now I'm not sure WTF i just did to the other box :|

CRXer
04-08-2007, 10:11 PM
Think the other box your talkin about is connected to the heater control panel.

Main relay in the gen 2 is directly above the hood latch lever in a little hole that is a bitch to get it out of. It has a seven pin connector.

Klayemore
04-08-2007, 10:17 PM
Well then that's OK. Aslong as it's nothing important.

Took out the main relay and resoldered, but fuel pump is still not turning on. I turn the key and the starter motor just keeps going. Will try to start it again in the morning. If that doesn't work then I have no idea what I'm going to do :S

Thanks for your help.

CRXer
04-08-2007, 10:28 PM
I assume uve checked the ECU fuse (15A) in the engine bay fuse box & also the number 14 (10A fuel pump) fuse under the dash?

If fuses ok,try taking out the main relay & bridging the black/yellow wire(No 14 fuse power) to the yellow/black wire(fuel pump) in the connector,u should hear the fuel pump come on then,with key turned on of course.

If fuel pump ok,then try spraying the main relay out with some contact cleaner.

My main relay died after an engine swap,think it was cos it was sitting around unused for a while,I tried swapping it with a DC2 one i got in the halfcut & it was dead too,think they dont like being unused for too long.
Both relays came good with some resoldering & contact cleaner though.

Klayemore
05-08-2007, 10:53 AM
OK I took out and checked all the fuses... turned the key and the fuel pump came on, started the car fine. after I turned it off and tried to start it again, the pump doesn't come on again!

Do you mean to bridge the wires at the actual connector? Or by soldering them inside the relay. And there are like 3 or 4 'yellow/black' wires :S Which one is the fuel pump?

CRXer
05-08-2007, 12:27 PM
Bridge them out at the connector with a spare bit of wire,just to see the fuel pump works reliably,then u know where the prob lies.

Its the yellow/black wire thats by itself as in the pic below on the top right hand corner of the connector.Bridge that to the black/yellow wires.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/CRXer/IMG_1256_2_1.jpg

Klayemore
05-08-2007, 01:02 PM
Thanks man. OK I bridged them both to the connectors with some wire and still the fuel pump won't come on.

This is really gettin to me - should I just buy a new relay? It seems to work after I leave it for a few hours then start it again.

CRXer
05-08-2007, 01:17 PM
The pump should come on when u bridge it out,are u sure u had the ign key turned on when u did it,otherwise your fuel pump is stuffed.

The symptoms of starting after u leave it for a while suggest a relay problem,but just check your pump again to make sure & check your bridging the right wires(should be the top 2 pins on the right in the pic i posted) & make sure key turned on.

Also check with key turned on u are getting 12V on the black/yellow wires,if not then it is an ign key switch problem.

Klayemore
05-08-2007, 01:25 PM
Lol man as I said I'm an electrical n00b. the pump is a brand new walbro so I really don't think it's that.

I may not have bridged them properly - just got some wire stripped at both ends and pushed it into the connectors, then turned the ignition on. No pump sound.

"The symptoms of starting after u leave it for a while suggest a relay problem." that's happened ever since I bought it when I start and stop it a fair few times a day - especially in hot weather. I'll just buy another relay and see if that fixes things I guess.

Cheers for your help anyways. +1 rep! :p EDIT: argh I can't give you rep until i 'spread some around' :(

CRXer
05-08-2007, 01:32 PM
If its a HP walbro pump,they can put a lot more load on the main relay than a stock pump.

I actually put another relay on my HP walbro & the main relay controls that second relay to take the load off the main relay.Could be worth looking into if u get further probs with the new relay.

andyhui01
16-09-2007, 11:37 AM
does anyone know where the relay is for a 94 JDM Prelude SiVtec,

is it this?
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/7977/13092007045rg2.jpg
as in the thing with all the wires connected to?

ECU-MAN
16-09-2007, 12:42 PM
I remember the main relay being on the passengers side floorwell for the 94 Preludes, have a good look, pull the carpet back, you may even have to remove the kick pannel cover.

andyhui01
16-09-2007, 01:28 PM
I'll have a look thanks... I just unbolted some random thing that looked like the relay, pulled it out and it read switch connector or something, can't remember.. lol... I'll try looking for it on the passenger side. thanks.

dsp26
14-01-2008, 06:59 PM
Gen3 CRX / Del Sol / EG2 has it located behind the fuse box to the right under the dash. Pain int he arse to remove.. Good Luck!!!

This fixed it ECU-MAN... and i thought i needed a pump... sorry but can't rep you for a while :p

dsp26
26-07-2008, 11:22 AM
slightly off-topic question... which of the contacts on there can I wire a kill switch to?

CRXer
26-07-2008, 01:07 PM
slightly off-topic question... which of the contacts on there can I wire a kill switch to?

2 best ones would be either the black/yellow,main power input to the relay or the yellow/green fuel pump output.

make sure u use a good 10-15A switch,prob err towards 15A for longevity of the contacts if your gonna switch the wire direct without a relay.

fuel pump wire u can hide the switch behind your seat somewhere,away from the obvious underdash positions.

beeza
26-07-2008, 02:26 PM
yellow = +
green = -
?

CRXer
27-07-2008, 04:47 AM
yellow = +
green = -
?

yellow/green = yellow wire with green stripe.

could be different colours for your car,so just research the correct wire if in doubt,or ask

dsp26
27-07-2008, 09:55 AM
2 best ones would be either the black/yellow,main power input to the relay or the yellow/green fuel pump output.

make sure u use a good 10-15A switch,prob err towards 15A for longevity of the contacts if your gonna switch the wire direct without a relay.

fuel pump wire u can hide the switch behind your seat somewhere,away from the obvious underdash positions.

thanks matey!! gonna do that today relay one today...

i actually did the fuel pump yesterday too... i cut all 5 wires at the actual pump one at a time trying to figure out which would kill the pump and it was the last one i did.. the thicker yellow/green one you mentioned :p

dsp26
27-07-2008, 09:56 AM
yellow/green = yellow wire with green stripe.

could be different colours for your car,so just research the correct wire if in doubt,or ask

just in case he needs to know too, the other 4 wires at the pump are (and i don't know what they do as none of them affected the pump or sender/gauge when cutting)
- Black
- Black/White
- Yellow
- Green/Red

beeza
27-07-2008, 10:30 AM
Geez,I read that wrong didn't I... :)
Ok,so
- 15A switch mounted and hidden.
- Then run a + and - cable from the PGMFI to the switch.That's it?

I just have to find which wire is + and -
)n my 96Ek1 Civic the PGMFI is behind the glovebox in the corner :)

CRXer
27-07-2008, 06:28 PM
Geez,I read that wrong didn't I... :)
Ok,so
- 15A switch mounted and hidden.
- Then run a + and - cable from the PGMFI to the switch.That's it?

I just have to find which wire is + and -
)n my 96Ek1 Civic the PGMFI is behind the glovebox in the corner :)

if u run + & - to the switch u will get dead short circuit when u turn on switch.

just cut the power feed to the pump,ie yellow/green? wire wherever u can find it going to the rear of your car under the back seat,& attach the 2 cut ends to the switch,then it just connects this wire back together when u operate the switch.

CRXer
27-07-2008, 06:37 PM
just in case he needs to know too, the other 4 wires at the pump are (and i don't know what they do as none of them affected the pump or sender/gauge when cutting)
- Black
- Black/White
- Yellow
- Green/Red

i think it goes something like this ron

black-ground for pump or sender
black/white-as above but viceversa
yellow-sender
green/red-low fuel warning light.

pump should have died when u cut one of the black wires,but because it grounds to the fuel pump bracket also,it was prob grounded somewhere else as well thru the fuel lines or tank contact to the chassis somewhere.

beeza
27-07-2008, 07:07 PM
if u run + & - to the switch u will get dead short circuit when u turn on switch.

just cut the power feed to the pump,ie yellow/green? wire wherever u can find it going to the rear of your car under the back seat,& attach the 2 cut ends to the switch,then it just connects this wire back together when u operate the switch.

Gotcha.So no need for a relay,just cut the power wire and put a switch in there :thumbsup:

CRXer
27-07-2008, 07:31 PM
Gotcha.So no need for a relay,just cut the power wire and put a switch in there :thumbsup:

15A+ switch direct or small discreet switch operating a relay cut into the pump power wire.

beeza
27-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Thanks mate!

anak BALAP
14-10-2008, 09:26 AM

Required: 10mm socket, wratchet to suit, solder, solering iron, flat head screw driver.

so your car starts fine, but after some driving it will stall and wont restart, or restart then stall again, this can be symptoms of the Main PGMFI Relay at fault, as well as other things like coil, ICM, but since the main relay is so easy to fix, why not start there.

A good sign of the relay at fault is you might not hear the fuel pump prime for 5 seconds when you 1st turn on the IGN, ( it can still prime if the relay is faulty )

STEP 1: Locate the main PGMFI relay, you will find it under the dash, commonly the RHS but dont be fooled, lots of modles have them on the LHS, CRV for example you have to remove the glove box. the relay looks like this

http://b16a2.kicks-ass.net/diy/pgmfi-relay/H048.jpg

STEP 2: remove the relay, there will be one bolt with a 10mm head. unplug the wiring harness.

Step 3: open the main relay, use a flat head screw driver to pry it open, do this evenly from both sides.

http://b16a2.kicks-ass.net/diy/pgmfi-relay/H050.jpg

Step 4: look for the dry solder joint, if you cant see it just reflow the solder on all the joins, add solder but not to much, allow the solder to melt and bond to the components. reflow the solder on every join, only takes 5 minutes.

http://b16a2.kicks-ass.net/diy/pgmfi-relay/H058.jpg

thats it !!!

if your unsure of the Main PGMFI Relay location for your vehicle, just reply and im sure someone or myself will tell you.

if you have fixed your relay and still have problems of not starting, start looking at your disributor, eg ICM, Coil. also the ignition switch

for some reason the pics on my browser arent showing...

zco
16-10-2008, 08:19 AM
what can benefit from this, if the car is currently starting properly.. and i resolder all the joints ?

will it start "better" in some way ? loll

ECU-MAN
18-10-2008, 11:34 AM
no,
its just when your having starting issues

Phamiii
27-08-2009, 06:38 PM
where is the relay located in the 94 dc2 vtir??

geeang
27-08-2009, 06:45 PM
where is the relay located in the 94 dc2 vtir??

It's behind the driver's side kick panel below the the hood latch release.

VT3C
27-08-2009, 07:02 PM
having issues with my fuel priming etc for a couple of YEARS and I always thought it was my imobilizer playing up.. after it got REALLY bad and I couldnt start my car the other week, Kyle (KB) suggested doing THIS and it worked - been perfect ever since goddammitt !!

Phamiii
27-08-2009, 07:17 PM
does anyone kno how much a new main relay cost?
for dc2 vtir

Bludger
28-08-2009, 01:13 PM
does anyone kno how much a new main relay cost?
for dc2 vtirring up Honda.

Fo55il
01-09-2009, 06:38 PM
just did this.

hopefully it works

all connectiosn seemed to be good tho

btu i resoldered them all anyways

lots of black oily shiz :/

string
01-09-2009, 11:34 PM
I've done this to 2 "dead" main relays and it brought them both 100% back to life.

Bludger
03-01-2011, 01:31 PM
Bump for the n00bs of Ozhonda.

top DIY

beeza
11-01-2011, 09:48 PM
^^ For sure!

xclusive_eg8
16-01-2011, 02:09 PM
for EG civic, PGMFI relay is behind fuse box, and easyer way to open it is to get pilers onto plastic where the tabs are and bend back, then when done rebend it back and your done ;)

5thgen_prel
24-01-2011, 10:38 PM
can u just buy a new relay nd install tat?? if u can, can someone post it up

plzzz

string
24-01-2011, 11:12 PM

plzzz

ban10char

Bludger
24-01-2011, 11:27 PM

plzzz
yeah, of course you can.

but what is the point of following this DIY if you're just going to buy a new one?

Also

What did you want us to post up?

You don't make much sense

kraiye
02-03-2012, 09:57 PM
givin it a crack now on the EM.

djkng
18-01-2013, 06:52 PM
Here i am thinking it's this tiny little plug box, i check it out and it's like the size of my head

mastermind54
01-04-2013, 12:43 PM

http://b16a2.kicks-ass.net/diy/pgmfi-relay/H048.jpg

http://b16a2.kicks-ass.net/diy/pgmfi-relay/H050.jpg

http://b16a2.kicks-ass.net/diy/pgmfi-relay/H058.jpg

thats it !!!

Hi how you going ? :D

I would reallly like to know where i could find the main relay in my 5th gen prelude . Dont think i saw anything similar to whats in the pictures of this forum near the ignition switch under the dash :'(

Cheers

ECU-MAN
02-04-2013, 08:23 AM
its under the drivers side dash, have a good look

NickNZ
27-01-2014, 11:36 AM
Hi guys,

Is this the main relay on a 97 EK civic hatch? Pretty much right under the steering column just to the left of the fuse box on the little bracket.

Apologies for just signing up to post this but was looking for some local advice rather than going on what a lot of the US based DIYs were showing etc.

Many thanks,

Nick

ECU-MAN
28-01-2014, 10:46 AM
thats not it

look near the kick pannel, it will look like the realy in the first post of this thread

NickNZ
28-01-2014, 11:46 AM
Thanks for that.. I will have a look tonight. By kicker panel I assume the plastic panel on the side of the transmission tunnel in the drivers footwell?

Thanks

ECU-MAN
28-01-2014, 12:31 PM
drivers footwell

William Wong
27-02-2014, 07:21 PM
hi John i has honda DA3 main relay faulty.
i know my car is main relay problem some time is working very good but hot day not very working.
ur relay just solder dirty or bad contact?

ECU-MAN
27-02-2014, 08:44 PM
Just a solder reflow usually fixes the problem

William Wong
27-02-2014, 09:16 PM
Ok thank u I will try

skaterzac
28-02-2015, 05:11 PM
Anyone give me a location for the pgm if main relay on a 95 civic vti sedan