PDA

View Full Version : Buyin an Integra

ducktape69
07-11-2005, 01:58 AM
hey guys and gals...

im lookin at buyin a dc2 integra soon. im moving away from turbo cars(i have a mazda mx6 turbo now with plenty of mods) and im after a sleek reliable car with a bit of go and thats fun to drive, so i thought the integras would be a good choice...

so first of all...

1. how much does like a 95 integra go for now?
2. what are some usual problems i should be looking out for when looking at integras..??
3. whats the fuel economy like in them?

cheers...

djgarv
07-11-2005, 02:54 AM
mine's for sale? lol
i'd say anywhere from 11 to 15K. problems in my experience is that a lot of the ones i test drove tended to be a little rattly sometimes? i mean like really small things that don't really matter...but could just be the result of a 10+ year old car i dunno. integras are supposed to have the most durable engines in the family so i haven't heard of any major problems.

fuel on average i get about 450/460kms out of 1 tank? which i think is as economical as a 1.6 civic with more power :)

crispy
07-11-2005, 11:42 AM
Search is your friend.. this has been covered before

Heres a Link (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/search.php?)

2NTICN
07-11-2005, 11:53 AM
integras are mad if u want economy, reliability, good looks, and a little bit of punch when u put ur foot down. If your gona get around a 95 model id recommend u look for a VTiR not a GSI

twofruitz
07-11-2005, 03:10 PM
id have to disagree, as much as i love the VTiR's vtec engine, its just not worth the extra you pay unless you absolutly need a powerful car.

my gsi is absolutly perfect in everyway, paintwork is as new, interior has every part in good condition.

as far as problems, there arent many, look for one with low km's and a full logbook history.

id love to sell you mine (im downgrading to a civic) but im up in brisbania :)

2NTICN
07-11-2005, 04:54 PM
why would you get a GSI when you could shop around and get a VTiR for nearly or even the same price!!!!
take a Vtir for a drive and then take a GSI and tel me which one u would prefer to buy, i think i know ur answer!

wkdteg
07-11-2005, 05:11 PM
now now, lets not turn this in2 an arguement.
both the gsi and vtir have their pros and cons. just depends wat the person is looking for when their driving, as well as future mods/upgrades.
i think ur betta off takin both models out for a spin, and c wat u like and dislike.
shop around and dont rush in2 anythin, and im sure ull find a car that suits ur needs well
cheers

vti-2
07-11-2005, 05:29 PM
hey guys and gals...

im lookin at buyin a dc2 integra soon. im moving away from turbo cars(i have a mazda mx6 turbo now with plenty of mods) and im after a sleek reliable car with a bit of go and thats fun to drive, so i thought the integras would be a good choice...

so first of all...

2. what are some usual problems i should be looking out for when looking at integras..??

cheers...

ducktape69, you will find your answer to question 1 here.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30455

Regarding question 2, i didn't have many problems with mine but some things to look out for:
1. Master cylinder - make sure it isn't leaking. You don't want to have to fork out to replace it
2. Belts have been replaced recently (also look for service books)
3. Try get the rubbers on the rear trailing arms checked for any damage (cracks, wear due to heat/age), because if you have to replace these later down the line, they cost a lot through Honda (1 genuine rubber bush for my left rear trailing arm cost over $100 from memory, there are about 3 different rubber bushs/seals on each side if memory serves me correct) and if you have to replace a lot of them you will be up for a lot of cash
4. If you are looking at a model with a sunroof, check to make sure the sunroof opens ALL the way. The tracks tend to dry out and some people won't use the sunroof. Make sure it works ok (you will be surprised how many people don't bother!)
5. Check the antenna works ok, a common problem is the antenna motor dies or the antenna itself has been slightly bent and each time you turn the stereo on/off you get a loud rattling noise (very annoying and can cost a fair bit to replace through Honda) - but i'm being picky here :p

That's all i can think of for now. I also suggest you do a search.

To everyone else, no more discussion regarding question 1 please or the thread may be closed and/or edited as stated in the thread above. Please keep this on topic.

:)

ducktape69
07-11-2005, 10:48 PM
thanks guys. im veering towards a DC2 type r. seen a couple around the 20k mark... not too much more at all then a normal vti-r...

typsy
07-11-2005, 10:50 PM
yeh get a DC2R if you have the money. You'll regret it later if you get the VTi-R or GSi versions.

IN73GZ
07-11-2005, 11:01 PM
if you can stretch the budget to the dc2r i think you will be very impressed. In a recent poll i started in here it was revealed that the DC2R was one of the most popular integras in the forum, and the figures speak for themselves.
good luck with your purchase, be sure to post up some pics when you get it!

Malenic1981
07-11-2005, 11:17 PM
Type R is what you realy want, I just got mine few weeks ago and I love it (I use to have civic with B18C from integra Vti-R, ITR is just so much bettter, not so much in a performance way but the whole car as a unit, perfectly put together)

T-onedc2
08-11-2005, 09:02 PM
Just be wary of a cheap $20k DC2R, you get what you pay for, my instincts say run, run far away!:p But worth a look I guess.

ducktape69
08-11-2005, 11:27 PM
why would u say that? are DC2R's prone to any obvious problems after only 5 years? other than stoopid P Platers redlining them every chance they got...what are signs of a DC2R being thrashed?

T-onedc2
09-11-2005, 06:59 AM
why would u say that? are DC2R's prone to any obvious problems after only 5 years? other than stoopid P Platers redlining them every chance they got...what are signs of a DC2R being thrashed?Well I guess there's always the possibility that the seller genuinely has no idea what it's really worth, but fairly unlikely, unless it has extremely high k's. Is the seller after a quick sale? Could be a bad sign or are they moving overseas?
I think the most noticable sign of thrashing in the short term anyway would be the condition of the gearbox and clutch. But like I said, could be worth a look. :thumbsup:

[XsCaPe]
09-11-2005, 10:42 AM
i wouldnt say that integras are economical... dont know if you guys realise it or not but 10kms off a litre isnt anything special.

my mx6 (t28 on 1bar, few other mods) was slightly better on fuel than my vtir integra is.

ducktape69
09-11-2005, 06:51 PM
just had a look at a type R 99 model. engine wise, it was quite perfect, but the body had too many scratches and scuffs on it...but i got a test drive in it and i was very impressed by the power and handling...and this is coming from someone who has had turbo cars all his life hehe

...vtech sounds so beauitful....

jdmlvn
09-11-2005, 06:59 PM
...vtech sounds so beauitful....

omg dude. tell me about it. especially on dc2r's. so beautiful indeed

ducktape69
09-11-2005, 10:58 PM
i dont know which sound is better....sweet sound of my spooling turbo mx6, or rough roar of a screaming type r....hmmmmmmmmm

IN73GZ
09-11-2005, 11:08 PM
screaming type R wins!!!

mindcircus
12-11-2005, 01:22 PM
yeah i own a sr20 and i dont know which one sounds better back spin or DWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

ducktape69
12-11-2005, 09:50 PM
yeah unfortunately, turbo cars these days are too impractical with petrol and insurance and cops and things breaking...type r is the perfect car for me right now....im sure u know how i feel mindcircus

mindcircus
13-11-2005, 03:29 AM
very much so, escpescially in hot weather turbos arnt very reliable

ducktape69
13-11-2005, 07:28 PM
yeah ... gonna be hard finidin a good type-r i think...

locote
13-11-2005, 08:19 PM
i had a s15 for 3 years and never had any problem with it best car ive ever owned, i dont c why ppl say turbo cars arent reliable,
my wasnt stock either.

RyDC5S
13-11-2005, 09:36 PM
Save up a little and get the VTi-R models as a minimum.

mindcircus
14-11-2005, 07:23 AM
i had a s15 for 3 years and never had any problem with it best car ive ever owned, i dont c why ppl say turbo cars arent reliable,
my wasnt stock either.

buying a car brand new or near new isnt the same as owning a 12 year old car.

olda
14-11-2005, 09:26 AM
hey guys and gals...

so first of all...

cheers...

Q1. Buy VTiR; 16 -18K Would not touch anything cheaper. Remember! You'll get what you pay for!
Q2. Get the pre-purchase vehicle check at your Honda dealer ~ $200.00 Well spent money! Includes engine compression test. Remember! Honda parts - big $$$$$$$$$$
Q3. Nothing special........ 8-10lt/100km normal driving. :cool: