PDA

View Full Version : 5th gen rear bumper removal

h22a accord
07-11-2005, 01:51 PM
How do i do it?

cheers!

28RAG
07-11-2005, 03:01 PM
umm i think you undo the screws visable with boot lid up, then youll find 2 locating screws on the points in the rear wheel well, the furthermost part of the rear bar

Eclipsor
07-11-2005, 03:15 PM
if it's anything like the 4th gen there are a couple of those screws that aren't accessable. If you can see them all and they are the plastic screws you'll need a wide flathead screwdriver to turn them while putting as little downforce as possible. Otherwise they will strip or just not come out.

However, on the 4th gen the easier way is to find the metal frame that the bumper is attached to underneath. It will bolt onto the chassis. Possibly you'll have to take out some boot lining to get to the back of it. Then there's also the screws in the wheel well like 28rag mentioned. (If it is completely different to mine then ignore my post).

h22a accord
07-11-2005, 03:19 PM
umm i think you undo the screws visable with boot lid up, then youll find 2 locating screws on the points in the rear wheel well, the furthermost part of the rear bar

Is that what u did when u took yours off?

razaman
07-11-2005, 03:47 PM
pm me your email address and I'll email you the helms pdf or just the pages that shows it.

Will be about 3mb for the whole section.

Raz

Spoon-Accord
09-11-2005, 12:55 AM
cam.. run dow.

the screws to hold the grill remove them and remove grill

in the front guards of car.. there 1 screw holding each side near the outta guards.. remove them

remove the front bumper indicators..

remove the clips undertray etc..

undo 4 12mm bolts looking in the bumper indicators.. 2 on each side

after removing them.. lift bumper out and lift the 2 sides out.. done :D

fongyfong
09-11-2005, 06:20 AM
cam.. run dow.

the screws to hold the grill remove them and remove grill

in the front guards of car.. there 1 screw holding each side near the outta guards.. remove them

remove the front bumper indicators..

remove the clips undertray etc..

undo 4 12mm bolts looking in the bumper indicators.. 2 on each side

after removing them.. lift bumper out and lift the 2 sides out.. done :D

hes asking for the rear bumper not front;)

razaman
09-11-2005, 10:02 AM
Doesn't matter - I sent him the helms pdf.:thumbsup:

Raz

dundas
09-11-2005, 09:36 PM
LMAO @ kenny hahaha-
good on ya raz.

Spoon-Accord
10-11-2005, 11:11 PM
rear?? easy..

remove all those clips when u open the rear trunk (those black clips about 7-9 or so)

then. u remove the 2 screws with a philips screw driver in the rear guards that hold the rear bumper on

the.. u undo all the clips and bolts holding the undercarraige.

the.. pry off :D

easy.