PDA

View Full Version : Need advice and Opinions.....>

IRI
13-03-2004, 03:50 PM
Im just about to order the
http://www.optionimports.com/aempufor97in.html <...AEM pulley kit,
and http://www.optionimports.com/aemcolairin913.html <...AEM CAI
and just wanting opinions on these items because this will be the first performance mods I will do to my car.

UR2L8
13-03-2004, 04:07 PM
I dont think its good idea. cam gears or adj. cam gears wont do anything if you dont have set of racing cams anyway. What sort of car is it for?

IRI
13-03-2004, 04:12 PM
Who said anything about cam gears??? :shock:
1st item is a pulley kit and second is a CAI.......
For DC2R like it says in the links.....

UR2L8
13-03-2004, 04:19 PM
Oh ok sorry, I just a long day. Its not bad I think but there are better quality pulley kits out there. Why dont you change the exhaust and headers, you will get better results. About the intake, personaly I use the stock air box with a KnN air filter and it works very well and cold air is pumped from under the car instead of hot/warm air from the engine.
Your choice, your car do as you please:)
By the way what colour is your R?

tanghy
13-03-2004, 05:18 PM
search on HT, the AEM CAI has been proven to be worse than stock airbox LOL

IRI
13-03-2004, 05:55 PM
Hmmm, I was under the impression from Team Integra that AEM was the best... oh well. Lucky I didnt order them yet..... AEM was the only pulley kit i could find to suit an R, whats better? The only reason i was going to get the pulley kit because on my previous car (300zx) it made a HUGE difference. Oh well back to the drawing board:-)
Just didnt want to spend 2-3k on my 1st mod that's all.....

BLKCRX
13-03-2004, 06:33 PM
AEM worst than stock don't believe everything you read !
its all in the tuning, make any engine breath better, with the correct cold air induction and nice exhaust tune it with a tuneable ECU and of corse you will make more power, iv tuned a couple 97 h22 with AEM intakes and gained a nice increase over the stock intake system.

As for pulley’s hmm nar you can use a lighter pulley but the stock harmonic balancer is pretty good, your much better investing in a set of skunk2 cam's (BC Toda don't make any for the h22) and install a tuneable ECU, (Hondata) along with a nice exhaust setup, now that will wake your h22 up !

Regards James

BLKCRX
13-03-2004, 06:36 PM
oops for some reason i thought you owned a prelude ! LOL wops hmmm
Even on a teg the AEM CAI are unreal ! you get what you pay for !!! make the engine breath !!!!
and yeah drop in cam's !! Toda or skunk 2 !

Regards James