PDA

View Full Version : help - power windows

[XsCaPe]
09-11-2005, 06:37 PM
hey guys

today my drivers side window carked it.

the motor still worked but the window wasnt in place anymore.. i got home and removed the door trim, put the window back in place and tried to power it up and down, only went half way.. then i realised what the problem was - the motor isnt attached to the door anymore!

i cant figure out how to get in there to screw it in for the life of me. any advice would be appreciated.

thanks.

Zdster
09-11-2005, 07:36 PM
If it is anything like for the civic - and I suspect it would be similar - you need to remove the window and remove the entire window regulator (essentially the metal bit that holds the window and also screws to the door). The motor itself will screw to the regulator. Once it is screwed on, return the regulator to the door and then reinstall the window.

Let me know if I can be of further help.

bennyBear
09-11-2005, 11:35 PM
If it is anything like for the civic - and I suspect it would be similar - you need to remove the window and remove the entire window regulator (essentially the metal bit that holds the window and also screws to the door). The motor itself will screw to the regulator. Once it is screwed on, return the regulator to the door and then reinstall the window.

Yeah thats it, i had the same problem in my 96' GSi, it's a bit of a bastard to do, and depending on how nifty you are with cars, put aside a good hour or so!

It's better to get in and fix this yourself, as it's quite expensive to get done by professionals

Let me know if I can be of further help.

[XsCaPe]
10-11-2005, 09:22 AM
thanks guys...

went to my mechanic this morning and we fixed it in half an hour. he had to remove the whole assembly (left the window in there) and tighten it all up, then reinstalled it. bit of a pain in the ass and now i need to replace the plastic inside the door

Zdster
10-11-2005, 09:31 AM
Just FYI that 'whole assembly' is known as the window regulator. It is a bit tricky to get to due to the limited space but once you have done it a few times and know what you are doing it isnt to difficult. Glad you got it fixed :thumbsup:.