View Full Version : throttle body

Spoon-Accord
09-11-2005, 07:28 PM
hey guys..

today whilst i was removign my throttle body to clean it
i removed the water hose to it

i left them off and ran the car until normal temp..

why does the rev jump up and down repetatively?

kenny

iamhappy46
10-11-2005, 12:04 AM
Sounds like a Manifold Air Pressure Sensor problem,
1) Because there is not heat in your throttle body, when the motor is warm(lack of warm water, giving MAP sensor an out of range reading?
2) You might have forgotten to reconnect the MAP sensor?

DynoDave
10-11-2005, 01:17 PM
1) Because there is not heat in your throttle body, when the motor is warm(lack of warm water, giving MAP sensor an out of range reading?
I was going to leave this alone but it just got the better of me,can you explain to me how on earth that the coolant lines under a throttle body have anything to do with the map sensor?,do you know what the coolant run thru there for?
Regards Dyno Dave

EGB16A
10-11-2005, 01:37 PM
check for vacuum leaks

fatboyz39
10-11-2005, 02:18 PM
the coolant is used to warm the throttle body(flap), doesn't effect the sensor.

Try resetting the ECU.

h22a accord
10-11-2005, 03:00 PM

manifold absolute pressure sensor is air pressure related.

kenny put your water hoses back on, its buggering up the readings from the IAC sensor and giving you an erratic idle.

Spoon-Accord
11-11-2005, 12:50 AM
ahhh.. nah just asking..

was seeing
thought making the trottle warm was a bad thing..

WARM AIR!
lol

kenny

iamhappy46
12-11-2005, 11:30 PM
Warm water running thru throttle body does alter the intake charge density, therefore the MAP reading will be affected.
Was not sure if Spoon-Accord's MAP was above the throttle body or mounted to the firewall.
The IAC is a ECU controlled valve and therefore, the absence of water from the throttle body will not affect it.

So exactly which sensor would be affected by not having water running thru the throttle body to cause erractic idle, if not the MAP sensor?

Spoon-Accord: Correct me if I am wrong but fitting the water hoses corrected the problem?? Nothing else was out of place??

h22a accord
14-11-2005, 05:20 PM
it couldnt be the map sensor.......because water temp has alot to do with the fast idle valve and the IAC.

iamhappy46
17-11-2005, 04:34 PM
h22a accord: water temp would still be reported correctly by the Engine Coolant Temp Sensor, which in turn controls the IACV based on water temperature. If there is no 'water temperature' heat in the throttle body, obviously the intake air density will not be what the ECU is expecting because the MAP is saying the intake air more dense.

tinkerbell
17-11-2005, 10:14 PM
why does the rev jump up and down repetatively?

did you remove the throttle position sensor too?

this needs to be calibrated whenever it is moved...

tinkerbell
17-11-2005, 10:20 PM
BTW - i always remove any coolant lines to intake manifolds, IACV's and throttle bodies when modifying B series engines...

it doesnt snow where i live - so when will they ever ice up?