PDA

View Full Version : EK4 VTI-R Brake Problem

kris_
09-11-2005, 08:43 PM
Hey guys, today Ive noticed that when I brake as im driving, the braking force is very weak, to add to this, the pedal keeps falling to the floor without adding additional braking power.

Now the car still brakes but the pedal sinks way too much and its not as strong.

Could anyone know what the problem may be.
I doubt its Pads cause their is no noise or anythin. And their seems to be sufficient brake fluid.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Kris

bennjamin
09-11-2005, 08:45 PM
seems like ur brake master cylinder is failing. Look below the master cylinder ( where u fill up the fluid) - there should be a slight leak dribbling down.....costs about $150ish to fix.

Get it fixed ASAP tho

ECU-MAN
09-11-2005, 09:48 PM
you need to either rebuild or replace your master cylinder, then have the brakes bleed.

moved to Civic section

**Ghost**
10-11-2005, 01:08 AM
last time i had this problem it was just cos brake fluid was all clogged up and dirty with air bubbles inside the brake lines (i have exactly same car as u btw, down to color)...all it needed was fluid change and thats it

as others have sed, check for leaks in ur MBC first... if no leaks could be purely fluid getting dirty and clogging up or air bubbles

steve
10-11-2005, 04:30 PM
get ur brake master cylinder checked dude asap, it could completly fail anytime that means no brakes for you:thumbdwn: