PDA

View Full Version : J's Racing CF intake duct help

Captiva_Blue
09-11-2005, 10:03 PM
My lil' brother was kind enough to get me a J's Racing CF intake duct for my EG Civic for my birthday. Sadly, it comes with no instructions for installation so it's currently decorating a shelf in my room... :o

Anyone that could give me some pointers on the best way to install it without risking any cracking (there are no predrilled holes for the 4 supplied screws), would be much appreciated. I'm not especially keen on glueing it to the car or anything..

Also, any ideas about where to get some good quality flexible piping to connect to my airbox would be helpful.

Cheers, Adam.

Qwooootz
10-11-2005, 12:10 AM
i thot theyd come with a clamp..? rather bolts

egSi
10-11-2005, 11:06 AM
use double sided tape or rivet it on, its not for looks remember its for function :rolleyes:

type one
10-11-2005, 12:07 PM
flexible piping = bunnings

cut the holes yourself :)

incoming
10-11-2005, 12:12 PM
do u have a pic of the duct?? i hear it J's inatke duct is $$$

i made mine myself out of PVC pipe with flexi pipe
i drilled holles and cable tied it to the bar!! LOL

shoulda done a DIY... but i forgot! ahahaha

egSi
10-11-2005, 03:17 PM
im pretty sure thats not what he means man.

Banana
10-11-2005, 04:09 PM
is that the J's Racing whales penis?
search it up, u might find the instruction online somewhere

ekslut
10-11-2005, 04:26 PM
it shows what is needed for the install, the rest is upto him. To me this problem of missing parts means finding a makeshift bracket, and getting clamps.

Your thinking of the wrong thing. He is trying to install a brake duct (goes in the front bar), not a intake.

http://www.jsracing.co.jp/pages/civic-EG/eg6_ducts.jpg
(image taken from jsracing.co.jp)

If your careful you can drill through C/F. I've done it before. Start small and work your way up with the size.

But if you don't want to drill, your only option would be to see if you can find some sort of clamp.

EGB16A
10-11-2005, 04:28 PM
Your thinking of the wrong thing. He is trying to install a brake duct (goes in the front bar), not a intake.

ahhh crap

my bad, sorry guys! :cool:

sivic
10-11-2005, 04:51 PM
that black double sided auto tape for sure. just put it in any spot where it touches the bumper. as long as you cant see it. the stuff is gold.
then you can also fit up a bracket around the spot where the ducting pipe fits to it.
bracket over teh ducting pipe of course

egSi
11-11-2005, 09:12 AM
id use decent double sided tape man.

some industrial stuff, chuck it on and post some pics, i reakon it LOOKS good dont know if its THAT functional tho lol.

incoming
11-11-2005, 09:20 AM
it'd be functional if u have the flexi pipe going from the duct into the engine bay...
it covers more surface area in the air dam rather then having a pipe only utilising half of the air dam

i'll take a pic of my DIY one i made and post it this wkend!... pretty crummy but it works!
only cost me $5 for PVC pipe
i dont wana know how much a J's racing CF one would cost

Qwooootz
11-11-2005, 11:10 AM
GAFA tape!,, thats what im using for my foglight frames,, :D

OLM-02R
11-11-2005, 11:30 PM
hey dud it comes with a screw...well mine did...u just have to drill a hole and screw em on ur bumper ;) its easy...

mugeneration
12-11-2005, 12:57 PM
didnt trav write up a DIY on this a while ago?

pillow
12-11-2005, 01:12 PM
Trav did a write up for a j's racing replica intake not an intake duct;)