PDA

View Full Version : running power cable amp in s2000

digital_tearz
09-11-2005, 10:11 PM
Can anyone tell/show me how to run power cable from the engine bay through to the boot of an s2000...?

VTECACCORD
10-11-2005, 07:57 AM
look for a grommet in the firewall remove it, put the cable through and run it to the rear.

I'm assuming you know how to pull the interior apart, and know to run your rc cables on the opposite side of the car.

If you don't know much about doing this then i realy think u should get a pro to do it. You may seriously **** shit up, and could even start an electrical fire

blusir2
20-11-2005, 01:54 AM
im with u vtecaccord... but this is how i ran my power cable.. there is a grommit under the fuse box next to the battery on the right hand side of the engine bay.. it comes out under the cabin-passenger footwell.. u will need a long screw driver to poke the cable thru which should be securely taped to the tip of the screwdriver.. careful not to punch into the loom that the grommit holds.. then run the power cable on the passenger side.. and the RCA's on the driver side or down the mid-console.. i put my amp underneath my passenger seat...

any more probs post up here mate... good luck..

oh yeh remember to fuse the power cable.. obviously...as close to the battery as possible... 30amp will be fine...

blusir2
20-11-2005, 02:00 AM
oh shit.. sorry mate.. i thought u drove a S2K... there are plenty of grommits on the DC's and EG's and EK's.... just find one that will be convenient for u to access from the cabin...and everything else is correct from before... as long as u separate the power cable and speaker wires and rca's ur fine.. otherwise the magnetic field caused by the current in the power cable will produce noise into the rca's and speakers wires which in turn will create noise in the speakers... like accelerator noise or just fuzzy crap...be mindful when u pull apart the interior as the clips will come flying off.. find them and keep hold of them otherwise like my old EG6 the carpet will be loose and shit everywhere...