PDA

View Full Version : Adding gauges V and DONE !!

claymore
11-11-2005, 12:40 AM

panda
11-11-2005, 10:04 AM
great work n write up clay

my sugestions to the admins is to collate all the guage install threads into 1 and sticky it or file it away somewhere for easy reference :thumbsup:

otherwise these threads will be lost in time and all claymores efforts will be in vain :rolleyes:

ekslut
11-11-2005, 11:03 AM
excellent write up claymore, but belongs in the articles/review forum for all to see.

+1 rep point for you :thumbsup:

aimre
28-11-2005, 12:18 AM
Hmmm, i wouldnt have thought the Oilguage would be mechanical...... what if the hose pop off and oil flies over window and in ur eyes while driving? Thats why them old hot rods had them on the outside.

Good right up though :thumbsup:

aimre
28-11-2005, 01:21 PM
Hmmm, i wouldnt have thought the Oilguage would be mechanical...... what if the hose pop off and oil flies over window and in ur eyes while driving? Thats why them old hot rods had them on the outside.

Good right up though :thumbsup:

I was only asking. I wasnt comenting i was only asking and statting what i knew and how it lead to my question. Oil is also flamable as its a hydrocarbon so i dont see why it woulg be allowed if fuel isnt.

I have also read on numerous forums including fastfours and boostcruising that its illegal to have mechanical guages in the car for those reasons

http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=59490
thats just one topic. one guy there had his oil line break.

I dont have any gauges on my car. What would i do if the oil pressure suddenly dropped? Pull over and stop the engine? Well the damage had been done. Also my car isnt highly modified and is currently only strret driven, so i didnt feel a real need for gaues for MY car.

bumography
28-11-2005, 06:07 PM
Hey guys
I once had a water temperature guage installed in the car, the cable itself is a thin hollow cable which contains some weird (very strong smelling liquid). I know because mine broke. the cable didnt actually hold the water itself.
Maybe this could be the same for the other guages. :|