PDA

View Full Version : Honda crv noises?

hakan
11-11-2005, 01:38 PM
hey guys :wave:
im new to ozhonda, i got a 2002 honda crv sports, and i had weird noises coming out of the engine bay when i accelerate too hard. i took it to a mechanic and he said my engine mounts are gone so he replaced them.
the sound is still there, it sounds like a crunch when i accelerate a little harder than usual however its not as bad as before. i took it back to the same mechanic and he claims that it is dirt stuck between the gears or diff or something? can anyone identify the problem?
thanks heaps guy

jdmlvn
11-11-2005, 01:40 PM
any chance it has something to do with the timing belt/chain ?

hakan
11-11-2005, 04:36 PM
nah the sound is out of the engine bay but no the engine, it sounds like sumthing is rattling like a loose part

Kazaf
13-11-2005, 12:39 PM
I've heard something simular from a 5th gen prelude.
I was out at a cafe, it either had a turbo timer or vtec timer..
When it went off at high rev it sounded like a rattling out of the engine.. for a second I thought it was vtec, but i dont know.
So there is a chance it may be normal coming from a vtec engine.

ECU-MAN
13-11-2005, 04:25 PM
I suggest you take it to another mechanic

very rear for a CRV to kill engine mounts in 3 to 4 yrs

dirt sruck ??? hmmm

try taking it to a honda dealer, could be a loose mount or suspention.

Pogi
14-11-2005, 10:34 AM
definitely take it to a honda dealership service centre..always need to get second opinions nowadays :o

hakan
14-11-2005, 11:50 AM
thanks so much guys, i will get that checked asap.
thankss

Sulley
14-11-2005, 11:54 AM
hey,
i've got the same problem with my 02 Crv as well.
with slightly harder accelaration, i heard a "grinding crunching sound".
was planning to check it out at my next service.
let me know how you go with yours.

GEN46L
16-06-2006, 10:00 PM
I had a problem with a customers 2004 CRV while doing a Combined 40/50K Service.
The customer complained about a Clicking Noise/Shudder from the Rear End on Low Speed Turns.
I suspected problems with the Rear Differential, So I told them I will find out from the Lads at OZHonda and sure enough as Panda[CRX] said it is a common problem.
A Search for "Noises" brought me to this thread.
The noise that is described here is from the front end.
So I done some more searching on Google and come across a Website in the USA dedicated to HONDASUV. I found this Tech Service Bulletin about Noise in Front and thought it may relate to the OP problem.

Check this Link, http://www.hondasuv.com/pdf/crv/TSB_04_005.pdf

Cheers
Geoff

Datuk
17-06-2006, 01:54 PM
I have a 02 CRV i have noises at the front and back BUT I took it back to HONDA and they fix it.