PDA

View Full Version : What size Rims should i get???

Typ3 R P!mp!n
15-11-2005, 07:52 AM
Hi Forum just wanted sum advice, im lookin at sum new rims for my DCR5 i am hoping to get 19's but not sure on what would happen putting
rims that size on my ride, handling and traction....The Lenso rims are 18's
and the Starcorp racing are 19's

LowEk
15-11-2005, 08:35 AM
16's or 17's would be good if you are lookimg for performance power to weight is the key.
cheers.

SHWCARCIVIC
15-11-2005, 08:49 AM
I got 19's on my EG sedan...I had to go to adjustable coilovers, roll the lips and modify my front and rear bar so that I didn't have any scrapage happening. You'll gain traction say over you factory tyres obviously the 18/19's being alot wider, as for handling that'll come down to your suspension setup.

ian
17-11-2005, 07:39 AM
19's are great visually. i believe your traction/friction will increase due to increased tyre width (from wider rims). I had 18's on my civic coupe which normally had 15' stockies. Around the corners were great because of the lower profile tyres contributed to minimal tyre flex, although on the straights my acceleration suffered because of the larger rotational mass (larger rim diameter and extra weight). Also, if you lower your car, just keep in mind the clearances you require between the guard and tyres.

bootheman
17-11-2005, 09:32 AM
:wave: i just got 18's for my 05 civic sedan, and its PIMPIN lol
just drop it 2.5-3" and its all good.

i know speed will go but the new sedan isnt for speed at all! and i know that cos its my work car so its a large cruiser with alot of bass :wave: