PDA

View Full Version : MYO6 EURO....my first drive....

UNLS1
15-11-2005, 07:04 PM
yes im booked in to drive the new euro lux with sat nav on nov 29th.
Also gettin a lesson on the sat nav too....

prob pointless tellin u this but though 1 or 2 of u might want to know wat the new euro is like......

-jimmy

stephen8512
15-11-2005, 07:46 PM
nice!
let us know how it goes

jamchen
15-11-2005, 07:46 PM
can i test drive it too? is it gonna be manual or auto :D:D
also just wanna ask if say i have a set of headlight,,, will the service happy to install it for me? (its a staight bolt on one.. except they are projectors like the US spec MDX!)

UNLS1
15-11-2005, 08:01 PM
lol would love to take u for a spin.....it will drive the same as the current euro.....just with a different dash/wheels/font and back...
i just cant wait to use this sat nav....not that id ever want it myself but when u get asked if honda has factory sat nav 5 times a week every week its exciting lol

chosen_one
15-11-2005, 09:03 PM
Great news - have been hanging out for the latest to arrive. Is there any unofficial release date for sale to the gen. pub. as yet?

See if you can sus out if the stereo plays mp3 as one of its standard features. Also any news on the price? I think someone else posted a thread a couple of weeks back stating $43.5k for the lux, man. wit sat nav.

I'll be interested to see if the wheels on the lux are the same as the ones used on the sedan displayed at the Frankfurt motor show - they were sweet wheels for stockies.

UNLS1
15-11-2005, 09:18 PM
i forgot the pricing, its back at work, its around 43500 for man + on roads i think.....and 2k for auto

euro77
15-11-2005, 10:04 PM
take some pics, ok? :D

PNR888
15-11-2005, 10:53 PM
it's good to know that Honda finally bring Sat Nav to Aus.

EuroAccord13
15-11-2005, 11:20 PM
take some pics, ok? :D

Some is not enough, we demand more.... :D

chosen_one
15-11-2005, 11:25 PM
UNLS1, what are stock levels of MY05 lux euros like atm? Have Honda or individual dealers in the past offered any major discounts when new models are on the verge of release?

Thorn2004
16-11-2005, 08:23 AM
MMM can't wait to see the new pics, my 05 Euro doesn't have Sat Nav :( I did get the new luxury with the larger rims and no space saver tyre etc but the 06 model sounds appetising, maybe I should have waited a few months to buy my Euro? Bah I am happy with it anyhow :)

UNLS1
16-11-2005, 09:08 AM
UNLS1, what are stock levels of MY05 lux euros like atm? Have Honda or individual dealers in the past offered any major discounts when new models are on the verge of release?

we dont have that many left in stock at all....prob about 5 left....so supply and demand is sorta takin place....we are not discounting them much...coz once we sell em we have none left till december....

same as civics we are selling them at full price atm and now have 3 left...

chosen_one
16-11-2005, 09:19 AM
we dont have that many left in stock at all....prob about 5 left....so supply and demand is sorta takin place....we are not discounting them much...coz once we sell em we have none left till december....

same as civics we are selling them at full price atm and now have 3 left...

Thanks, yeah I figured as much - it's a nice car that sells itself really. And unless you keep your ear to the ground with sites such as this, you wouldn't really know there is an update on the way. All of the news has centred on the civic and Thai accord. There aint much in the press locally on the new euro.

Might just wait for the new one, me thinks. When do you think they'll be on sale?

UNLS1
16-11-2005, 02:48 PM
new euro on sale in december my friend.

-jimmy

chosen_one
16-11-2005, 03:47 PM
new euro on sale in december my friend.

-jimmy

Hey thanks for the 'heads up'. I'm guessing they'll be 05 build plated if on sale in Dec? Or do Honda fudge the books and give them an 06 stamp?

UNLS1
16-11-2005, 05:56 PM
Hey thanks for the 'heads up'. I'm guessing they'll be 05 build plated if on sale in Dec? Or do Honda fudge the books and give them an 06 stamp?

11 month build / 12/05 month compliance .... 06 model.

then they get the 12month build and 01/06 compliance....

Peekay34
16-11-2005, 06:46 PM
Hey UNLS1 what dealership do you work out of ? And your name I would like to see it as soon as they come out.

UNLS1
16-11-2005, 08:58 PM
im james, i woirk at courtney & patterson in heidelberg...happy for u to come down when the euro is in the show room and show u how the sat nav works :)

lol and have a coffee!

chosen_one
16-11-2005, 10:30 PM
11 month build / 12/05 month compliance .... 06 model.

then they get the 12month build and 01/06 compliance....

gotchya - cheers jimmy.

hihidamon
17-11-2005, 06:36 PM
Somehow off topic here, may I take a wild guess that preparation of the Sat Nav maps/software was one of the main factors for delaying launch of the new Legend?
I knew Sat Nav was coming, as I was told by Honda Australia on the phone few months ago when I would have purchased a Sat Nav equipped Euro back in July if it was available. I am surprised though to see Euro is first Honda to feature Sat Nav, rather than the Legend - Honda's flagship...

V205
17-11-2005, 11:09 PM
James,

What other info have you got? Is there an engine update (more power etc)? Is it the new steering wheel with blue dash like some pics here? New rims? Don't hold back on us... :D

UNLS1
21-11-2005, 01:15 PM
engine the same, just cosmetics and sat nav....im driving one on november 29th at honda oz.....we are nearly out of 05 models...just a few manual lux's left.

nich
21-11-2005, 01:40 PM
Hey UNLS1

Would you know if the new 06 going to be equiped with a phone system like the yanky TSX?

lovesil
21-11-2005, 01:45 PM
anyone has any pics for me to see what cosmetic changes are there for the 06 Euro?

aaronng
21-11-2005, 01:50 PM
anyone has any pics for me to see what cosmetic changes are there for the 06 Euro?
Here you go: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25295&page=2&pp=40

UNLS1
21-11-2005, 01:52 PM
Hey UNLS1

Would you know if the new 06 going to be equiped with a phone system like the yanky TSX?

nope

lovesil anyone has any pics for me to see what cosmetic changes are there for the 06 Euro?

do a search on the forum, there are pics all over the place...

j0se
21-11-2005, 03:57 PM
Hi UNLS1

Would you know if there is going to be a difference between the Standard MY05 and MY06 models?

thanks

UNLS1
21-11-2005, 05:58 PM
not sure yet......id say same cosmetics on the outside like the lux will let ya know on the 29th

URMINE
21-11-2005, 07:47 PM
Hey guys im waiting to pick up my euro luxury, and i rang one of the guys at trivet in parramatta. He said as far as he knew there is no such thing as a MY06 accord there is a special edition coming out in the near future where they are testing satnav on it around 300 cars in total and it will be approx 2 or 2.k on top of prices at the moment, its just testing the market for satnav apparently.

So basically he's saying he doubts it will be a updated model esp if they only just brought out my05

but then again who knows what these guys are told weather they just talk outta there ass, How certain are you that there is a upgrade UNLS1?

eurotrash
21-11-2005, 08:51 PM
"So basically he's saying he doubts it will be a updated model esp if they only just brought out my05 "

Its not unusual for manufacturers/Honda to introduce optional extras on next years range without significantly changing the lineup of models. Just a sweetener.

Sat Nav is common in the 40k+ market thesedays (if not standard equip). The market is there for it so I would be very surprised if sat nav doesent become standard in the lux.

Ferrarista
21-11-2005, 09:17 PM
Hey guys im waiting to pick up my euro luxury, and i rang one of the guys at trivet in parramatta. He said as far as he knew there is no such thing as a MY06 accord there is a special edition coming out in the near future where they are testing satnav on it around 300 cars in total and it will be approx 2 or 2.k on top of prices at the moment, its just testing the market for satnav apparently.

So basically he's saying he doubts it will be a updated model esp if they only just brought out my05

but then again who knows what these guys are told weather they just talk outta there ass, How certain are you that there is a upgrade UNLS1?

*He also doesnt want you to cancel your order and wait for a new one considering this is the most quiet time of the year for new car sales.

yfin
21-11-2005, 09:23 PM

Take a look at www.honda.co.uk (http://www.honda.co.uk) (now updated! See the gallery)

Now whilst it is not impossible - it would seem rather illogical for Honda Japan to release an updated 2006 model Euro in the UK but not in Australia. Sure they can still keep the 05 bumper, bonnet, grill etc for Australia and use the new 06 bumper, bonnet, grill etc for UK - but I think that would be odd and the shape would be kept the same for the different markets.

hihidamon
21-11-2005, 10:08 PM
Also, with the addition of Sat Nav, it is not a minor upgrade at all considering the whole dash will be completely different, plus I am sure the internal wiring will be incompatible to the standard non-Navi euro.... you need GPS antenna, speed sensors, upgraded sound sys, etc etc...

I would think it is un-economical for Honda Australia to introduce such a huge "upgrade" to MY05 instead of calling it a mid-life facelift. I would be disappointed if Bluetooth preparation for phone isnt included in the upgrade though...

Sounds like a great car fully loaded! Shame, I just bought myself an Audi A4 .. but felt lucky that I didnt go ahead with the now soone to be replaced MY05 ...

eurotrash
21-11-2005, 10:34 PM
"Also, with the addition of Sat Nav, it is not a minor upgrade at all considering the whole dash will be completely different, plus I am sure the internal wiring will be incompatible to the standard non-Navi euro.... you need GPS antenna, speed sensors, upgraded sound sys, etc etc..."

Speed sensors? - Does'nt the GPS calculate its own speed?

hihidamon
22-11-2005, 12:51 AM
The speed sensor (which would be connected to behind the instrument cluster - speedo), is required for the Navi unit to keep track with the vehicle's motion while in guidance mode when satellite signal is lost temporarily, such as going through the tunnel.
The speed sensor is also used for self-calibration, as the navi would somehow tend to compare its calculated speed from above, to the actual mechanical road speed from the wheels - therefore it actually needs to be setup with the actual size of wheels/tyres as well.

I am not 100% sure with the Honda Nav setup though as I have no experience with it yet. However Mercedes Command, and Audi Navi Plus systems all have that extra info so that the car will still appear to be moving on the screen while crossing the Sydney harbour tunnel even the viewing the sky isnt possible.

More info available here www.navplus.us I reckon its a great site! There was a great head to head comparison on the Audi system and Acura Navi system too just in case anyones interested.

I am actually considering retrofitting the factory Navi Unit in my A4 for a fraction of the cost of what Audi stealers wanted as option when purchase from new...

eurotrash
22-11-2005, 02:41 PM
......you learn somthin new everyday.

UNLS1
22-11-2005, 05:54 PM

he doesnt want u to cancell the order lol

he has no idea....im going to honda australia (melb) on the 29th.....to see the new one with sat nav......

URMINE
22-11-2005, 07:06 PM
yeah seems liek the guy i spoke to yesterday was half way there.. i rang the guy i bought the car from today .. and he says he not sure if satnav is gonna be standard.. there is a limited edition coming out in a couple of weeks which satnav will be on... but after that who knows apparently honda doesnt tell em much.

either way he said its up to me he doesnt mind if i cancel the order and pay the diff and get the 06, the only prob is its 6800 more for the limited ed, (btw i bought a demonstrator hence its a bit more).

one thing though i bought a black one.. does anyone know if the new updated model can be bought black on black ?? i hate the white woodgrain interior look :(

aaronng
22-11-2005, 08:15 PM
What do you mean by "limited ed"? I don't remember Euros having any limited edition models, only the Accord VTi.

UNLS1
22-11-2005, 08:23 PM
There is NO limited edition........just the 06 Euro update......sat nav WILL be an option only in the Lux model..and wats this $6800 for the ltd ed stuff???

Look, im only going on wat my manager has told me.....and he has always told me things before and he has been 100% correct every time! he is told by the southern states manager

As i have said before i will clear all this up when i go to honda to learn how to use the Sat nav on the 29th of this month

cheers jimmy!

(believe me i cant wait to see wat the hell we are actually getting!)

VTi is the only LTD ED.

URMINE
22-11-2005, 08:30 PM
this is what he's telling me.. i guess we have to wait till they the get stock. the main thing i want is a black euro with black interior i not hugely fussed about satnav its just a novelty item.

UNLS1 can u ask ure manager if they changing the interior coulours at all/getting rid of the woodgrain look on the luxury model? if so i think i might hold out for the 06

UNLS1
22-11-2005, 08:34 PM
this is what he's telling me.. i guess we have to wait till they the get stock. the main thing i want is a black euro with black interior i not hugely fussed about satnav its just a novelty item.

UNLS1 can u ask ure manager if they changing the interior coulours at all/getting rid of the woodgrain look on the luxury model? if so i think i might hold out for the 06

champ, i will see and drive the 06 euro on the 29th lol so ill know 100% wat it will have and look like.
i doubt they will change the black/ivory interior......its here to stay and i hate the woodgrain too.....u can change the panels if u want but it cost a bit.

URMINE
22-11-2005, 09:04 PM
bummer..stupid woodgrain :thumbdwn:

yeah i might just stay with the 05 .. at least i get to pick it up either tommorow or thurs

chosen_one
22-11-2005, 10:19 PM
yeah i might just stay with the 05 .. at least i get to pick it up either tommorow or thurs

wow, unless you're getting an absolutely fantastic deal on the 05 model, why not wait a couple of weeks for the 06 model? I almost signed up for an 05 model back in October until I caught wind of the update. I might even wait til Feb so that I can get an 06 build plate - better for resale I'm led to beleive.

UNLS1
23-11-2005, 01:12 PM
ok ok, i found out today there is NO special edition euro, we are 100% getting the face lift euro seen in some of the pics on this site....we are driving 6 of them next week. Yes thats 110% correct :)

oh i also have been told we have some of the new civics now in the county but cantr see them....YET do'h lol
Oh and i know where u can go see the Mugen Integra type S in melb now.....

jimmy

hihidamon
23-11-2005, 01:19 PM
ok ok, i found out today there is NO special edition euro, we are 100% getting the face lift euro seen in some of the pics on this site....we are driving 6 of them next week. Yes thats 110% correct :)

oh i also have been told we have some of the new civics now in the county but cantr see them....YET do'h lol
Oh and i know where u can go see the Mugen Integra type S in melb now.....

jimmy
6 of them? wow, so if possible, can you please please please be kind enough to shoot us some interior/exterior pics of them? Achievable?
Thanks!

Nickt
23-11-2005, 01:23 PM
All this talk about the update is very upsetting for us MY 05 owners!

I want Sat Nav too! not too fussed about the bumper updates, as I am not convinced they look better from the pics, but the upgraded dash would be awesome!

Any chance of having it fitted to an 05 lux?

UNLS1
23-11-2005, 01:30 PM
6 of them? wow, so if possible, can you please please please be kind enough to shoot us some interior/exterior pics of them? Achievable?
Thanks!

yer ill see if i can take pics with my phone....but then ill have to see if i can post em up on here...dont see why not but just in case ill ask! Dont wanna lose my job! :)

hihidamon
23-11-2005, 01:31 PM

I want Sat Nav too! not too fussed about the bumper updates, as I am not convinced they look better from the pics, but the upgraded dash would be awesome!

I feel for you... I almost bought a 05 Euro lux back in Sept. but lucky I checked with Honda Australia and she told me on phone that Sat Nav was definately coming in the Legend and and Euro as well... Just that I didnt expect it is here this early on the euro FIRST!

Talking about a retrofit, its going to be a huge mod even if it is possible. the whole dashboard is completely different with sat nav...

UNLS1
23-11-2005, 01:31 PM

nope no chance....but u can get navman wich is $999 plus fitting

hihidamon
23-11-2005, 01:38 PM
yer ill see if i can take pics with my phone....but then ill have to see if i can post em up on here...dont see why not but just in case ill ask! Dont wanna lose my job! :)
Yes! Dont you ever lose your job! We all need your valuable insights at :honda: hehe! :D

hihidamon
23-11-2005, 01:46 PM
nope no chance....but u can get navman wich is $999 plus fitting
Navman on sale at Dick Smith Powerhouse:
iCN510 $688 (free 2005 map upgrade CD via redemption)
iCN520 $888

Both work a treat!
Err... who needs fitting btw, just simply attach the mounting cradle on windscreen and you are ready to go! :wave:

UNLS1
23-11-2005, 04:27 PM
Navman on sale at Dick Smith Powerhouse:
iCN510 $688 (free 2005 map upgrade CD via redemption)
iCN520 $888

Both work a treat!
Err... who needs fitting btw, just simply attach the mounting cradle on windscreen and you are ready to go! :wave:

yer i know that....we just got em in....ive never sold one...dont even know how to use em...

lol just get a melways much cheaper

URMINE
23-11-2005, 05:19 PM
Yeah the dealer is still sticking with limited number of cars with satnav and he is still saying that there gonna cost more

not sure.. i dunno honda doesnt seem to wanna tell anyone

UNLS1
23-11-2005, 06:31 PM
man these dodgy dealers makin us good dealers telling the truth look bad :)