PDA

View Full Version : Distributor Problems

94_Accord
15-11-2005, 09:30 PM
hey all, im currently have an oil leak coming thru my distributor on my accord 5th gen. i have been told by some mechanics that the dizzy neeeds replacing and others have said if its the whole dizzy then i wouldnt be able to drive my car.. Am i better off changing the O-Ring before i go replacing the whole distributor?

appreciate any help anyone could give me..

thanks

Mike

wynode
15-11-2005, 09:34 PM
Is the oil leaking from directly under the dizzy area?

If so yes.......just change the dizzy o-ring and see how that is. Make sure you mark the Dizzy and put it back on the same way.

Weq
15-11-2005, 09:44 PM
change the oring. a 5min job. no other reason oil will leak from there.

94_Accord
16-11-2005, 10:18 AM
Is the oil leaking from directly under the dizzy area?

If so yes.......just change the dizzy o-ring and see how that is. Make sure you mark the Dizzy and put it back on the same way.

yea it is leaking from directly under the distributor. i was thinking of just changing the o-ring first to see whether it stops the leak, if not then go and replace the dizzy.

bennjamin
16-11-2005, 11:02 AM
yea it is leaking from directly under the distributor. i was thinking of just changing the o-ring first to see whether it stops the leak, if not then go and replace the dizzy.

As said before , more than likely it is the O ring that resides on the shaft of the dizzy. Mark with a texta or piece of chalk the angle of the dizzy, take off dizzy and replace the o ring ( costs about $5 from Honda ) and ur oil leak should stop. Good luck !

94_Accord
16-11-2005, 07:57 PM
thanks for all the help, appreciate it, hopefully its jst the O ring.
"
Cheers

Mike

SKREMN
17-11-2005, 06:06 PM
could also be the last cap under the rocket cover that covers the dizzy shaft

ECU-MAN
22-11-2005, 07:16 PM
the O ring will only stop oil leaking out of your engine. if you have oil leaking into your distributor then the seal in the dizzy at the bottom needs replacing. hopefully the housing isnt worn either.