PDA

View Full Version : Tein Super Street

spetz
15-11-2005, 09:57 PM
Does anyone have them installed in their cars?

What are the spring rates like? Roughly how many kg/mm?

Are they stiff/uncomfortable?

armak81
15-11-2005, 11:10 PM
installed a set on a euro recently...
not sure on spring rates.
they are comfortable even on lowest setting with 19 inch rims.
customer was not happy because they were not low enough even on lowest setting.

[stealth]
15-11-2005, 11:36 PM
yeah this was what i suspected also...

eG_YoDa
16-11-2005, 04:04 PM
spring rate is 8kg/mm on front and 4kg/mm rear
ride is comfortable yet stable
as for height .... did the customer take the helper springs out ? or was it just set at the lowest perch??

coz if u take the helper springs out i'm pretty sure u can go down another good inch or so

type one
16-11-2005, 04:34 PM
sure it is 8 and 4? i was under the impression it was more like 7 and 5.

S/S as it suggests is a good compromise. I don't think you will be unhappy with them on the street - but you might be on the track.

bennjamin
16-11-2005, 05:26 PM
rates are varible to application - but the general consensus is "About" 7kg/mm front and 5kg/mm rear. 3x the "Rates" ( but that dosent mean stiffness) of stock...

DC5R8
18-11-2005, 07:20 PM
comfortable and stable!better than factory sussy

[stealth]
20-11-2005, 09:08 AM
spring rate is 8kg/mm on front and 4kg/mm rear
ride is comfortable yet stable

Tein SS on an EG Civic
Will vary from model to model...

spetz
20-11-2005, 01:43 PM
I found out the spring rates for my car are 5kg front and 4kg rear

How low do they go? On average how much lower than stock? At least 3" don't they? I though all coilovers were designed to be able to sit the car extremely low??

Kawasaki
20-11-2005, 07:59 PM
I found out the spring rates for my car are 5kg front and 4kg rear

How low do they go? On average how much lower than stock? At least 3" don't they? I though all coilovers were designed to be able to sit the car extremely low??

All this info can be found on the Tein website

spetz
21-11-2005, 12:37 PM
I couldn't find any info?

And if you mean the Jap tein site, the aussie Super Street's are different, as Fulcrum suspension changes spring rates and damper rates in them

CONAN
21-11-2005, 03:27 PM
http://www.fulcrumsuspensions.com.au/

give them a call and they should be able to answer all your queries regarding Tein SS suspension as they are the Australian distributor.

Chris_F
21-11-2005, 05:47 PM
i had my ss installed by fulcrum. From memory the front spring rates are 8k and rear spring rates are 6k which gives a great balance between performance and streetability :thumbsup::thumbsup: from me on these coilovers.

Lukezen27
21-11-2005, 06:51 PM
i had my ss installed by fulcrum. From memory the front spring rates are 8k and rear spring rates are 6k which gives a great balance between performance and streetability :thumbsup::thumbsup: from me on these coilovers.

How much do the SS cost after modding for AUS roads?

spetz
22-11-2005, 12:20 AM
They are roughly $2000 depending on model etc.

I think it's damned cheap considering more or less any other coilover is about that price on average

Lukezen27
22-11-2005, 06:35 AM
They are roughly $2000 depending on model etc.

I think it's damned cheap considering more or less any other coilover is about that price on average

Not bad tho you can get OmniPower Street Kit Coilovers for $1200 AU landed

MrPlow
22-11-2005, 09:54 AM
What is the deal with the helper spring? How does it work? How do you remove them? Is it safe?

bennjamin
22-11-2005, 10:43 AM
What is the deal with the helper spring? How does it work? How do you remove them? Is it safe?

helper springs , whether they be softer rated seperate above or below a normal coilover setup or even on older leaf-style setups are there to increase a suspension's load carrying capacity. They have a progressive action that do not come into play until the vehicle is loaded or the suspension deflects past a certain point .
Normal flat surface driving will be a normal glide but once more movement thru hard cornering or bumps etc the heavier rates come into play

spetz
22-11-2005, 12:24 PM
Those helper springs are so soft though
You can compress them fully by hand...

I think they are mainly to keep the springs trapped, however the suspension shop told me they also disipate some energy so it doesn't skip over bumps etc
Don't know how accurate that is... but I guess if you go over a big bump and the suspension gets unloaded, the heavy spring would compress the soft spring rather than the shock having to do all the work

Any ideas from anyone?

bennjamin
22-11-2005, 12:32 PM
the helper spring is just a softer rate to take the smaller bumps and maintain a smooth ride. Also keeps the larger rate spring in contact-

spetz
23-11-2005, 12:47 AM
What I was saying is that the helper spring is so soft, I am sure it does nothing for ride quality.
Considering it can be compressed fully by hand, I am sure when on the car it always stays fully compressed and does nothing to absorb bumps.
Like I said I think it's either only for keeping the spring trapped or taking some energy out of the spring over big bumps? Just seems the only logical thing??

MrPlow
24-11-2005, 03:52 PM
well i will give you photo results soon when i get them on my mates dc5r...

hopefully we can get them sitting over the rubber, hopefully sitting on the rim of his 19s or lower

[stealth]
24-11-2005, 04:41 PM
yeah... lowering capability of Tein SS is what I would like to know also... would probably vary on different model Hondas?

TeMp
24-11-2005, 05:24 PM
well i will give you photo results soon when i get them on my mates dc5r...

hopefully we can get them sitting over the rubber, hopefully sitting on the rim of his 19s or lower

atm my rear guards r slightly covering my rubber and i can easily lower more. I have 17" rims so I dun think it would b hard to get the ss to cover the 19".

I have no rubbing issues with my height but I dunno about with 19"s.

TeMp
24-11-2005, 05:27 PM
How much do the SS cost after modding for AUS roads?

1800ish is the cheapest that I know of. I have two friends who have just got them recently.

[stealth]
24-11-2005, 05:36 PM
i only recall 1-2 models at the most for hondas that were modded for ozzy roads....
are your Tein SS one of them TeMp?

MrPlow
24-11-2005, 05:53 PM
atm my rear guards r slightly covering my rubber and i can easily lower more. I have 17" rims so I dun think it would b hard to get the ss to cover the 19".

I have no rubbing issues with my height but I dunno about with 19"s.

sweet, prepare for a blue super deckked dc5r coming soon...

spetz
25-11-2005, 01:00 AM
I e-mailed fulcrum and they let me know how much I could lower the car by...

Basically, it's not a huge lowering but still enough to get the car very low. Probably not the best for shows.
To give you guys an idea (I don't drive a Honda though) measuring it both front and rear tyres will be slightly in the guard with 16s at full lowering.

Considering that with my old fulcrum formula coilovers I would be able to get the actual rim into the guard these don't lower the car that much for coilovers but it's more for handling than looks anyway

spetz
27-11-2005, 09:44 PM
1800ish is the cheapest that I know of. I have two friends who have just got them recently.

Where is this from Temp???