PDA

View Full Version : twisted/bent engine oil dipstick

rocky_b
16-11-2005, 04:03 PM
hi guys.

i know this is gonna sound so stoopid... but it happend.. :(
i drove about 150kms - driving pretty hard. over a weekend.
then popped the hood open at the end of SUNDAY afternoon, after the drive.
and found my oil dipstick halfway up.
i know i freakn freaked out too!!:thumbdwn:
now i know it didnt pop up by itself, coz my mates were crowding around my car lookin at stuff on friday nite. so i guess one of em didnt put the oil dipstick in properly... and yes... i turned into the hulk...
anyways, i pulled out the dipstick and the bloody thing was twisted at the end. so i take it out and straighten it, but now when i put it back in, it hits something and i pretty much have to force it in to stay down.... it was never like this before.. i've had it for over a year and have bin working on my car ever since... doing simple oil changes etc... so now i cant check my oil level coz it hits something inside.... but i did a recent service, and no metal chucks etc came out. but it was pretty black, no blobs, chunks..
but i got no idea wat happend.. pls shed some light into this problem :(

fyi. last service was 75,000kms oil change...etc..
bent/twisted dipstick happend at about 78-79,000kms
serviced agen at 80,000kms

thanks,

rocky_b

Felix
16-11-2005, 04:13 PM
You sure you completely straightened it???
You putting it in the right way?

Si1enzio
16-11-2005, 04:31 PM
Just get a new dip stick...

Steer^Gimic
16-11-2005, 04:36 PM
your engine is broken and you need a new one

aaronng
16-11-2005, 05:47 PM
My dipstick is twisted at the end. I think it is meant to be twisted at the end. But yeah, head on to honda to buy a new one, ASAP! Pulling your dipstick out might affect your idle revs.

jackosimm
16-11-2005, 06:33 PM
Just get a new dip stick...

Even just from some wreckers:)

rocky_b
17-11-2005, 08:20 AM
my car's dipstick has never bin twisted.. :(
so yeah i mite head out and get a new one, depending on how much it costs.. hehe
or go to a wreckers...:thumbsup:
but has any1 else had this problem?

fusion_VTi
17-11-2005, 08:46 AM
it can be hard to find the hole sometimes mate, just make sure u dont go in on the wrong angle u mite get in the shit !

Felix
17-11-2005, 08:59 AM
it can be hard to find the hole sometimes mate, just make sure u dont go in on the wrong angle u mite get in the shit !

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

That just brightened up my week.
LOL

BlitZ
17-11-2005, 10:29 AM

kakaakakak:thumbsup:

Astro
17-11-2005, 10:58 AM
awww back door benny stylz...:)

wynode
17-11-2005, 01:09 PM
Pulling your dipstick out might affect your idle revs.

Really? HOw?

aaronng
17-11-2005, 01:50 PM
Not sure if it affects Hondas, but for BMWs, they use a MAP sensor and when you pull the dipstick while the engine is running, the idle revs shoot up to 1500-2000. My car uses a MAP sensor, but I'm not sure if it affects it as after seeing what happens on the BMW, I did not want to try it on mine. Does yours use MAP or AFM? Hmm, for the sake of science and Ozhonda, I will pull my dipstick later after work. Haha.

MoonSha
18-11-2005, 12:11 AM
What happened?

bennjamin
18-11-2005, 12:36 AM
Not sure if it affects Hondas, but for BMWs, they use a MAP sensor and when you pull the dipstick while the engine is running, the idle revs shoot up to 1500-2000. My car uses a MAP sensor, but I'm not sure if it affects it as after seeing what happens on the BMW, I did not want to try it on mine. Does yours use MAP or AFM? Hmm, for the sake of science and Ozhonda, I will pull my dipstick later after work. Haha.

most if not all recent hondas use a MAP sensor ... the only way i can think of how this "adjusts" revs - is thru the blow-by crankcase pressure venting (a similar thing as taking off ur oil cap when the engine is running)