PDA

View Full Version : b18b civic??

dc4t
16-11-2005, 05:13 PM
hey i've got a project that im gona be doing so i just wanna kno if its worth it... me and a friend are gonna be doing it once he gets his s2000... this cars gonna be strictly for track.. the car we're doing it on is an eg breeze 1.5L (which is a 92-95 civic hatch for u's who dont kno wat breezes are)..

Our plans are to use my b18b2 out of my gsi once i upgrade the engine (coz im doing a h22 swap) so i've read those civics weigh around 1050 out of the factory.. we're gonna be stripping just about everything out of the car apart from the dash..

we're hoping to strip about 100kg at least from the car just by removing things.. our next plan is to use lightweight panels.. (hood,fenders etc.) so all up we hoope to bring it down to 900kg or less.. i duno too much about weight removal.. but yeh anyway..

with the basic i/h/e on a b18b2.. what do u guys think the civic should do in terms of acceleration (ROUGHLY. i'm not asking ppl to be accurate).. as in 0-100 and q/mile.. atm with the engine in my car im doing mid 15 q/miles with full interior.. and my car weighs 1150.. and 0-100 im doing 7.5-8.0.. soo yehh any help would be good?

Weq
16-11-2005, 05:46 PM
yep, it works great.

its an LS motor if u look on honda-tech. checkout a LS/VTEC for some extra power :)

dc4t
18-11-2005, 04:19 PM
thanks man. yehh i've heard about the ls/vtec swap.. we plan to keep it non vtec... just for bragging rights.. we hope to break a 14 second pass with it thats y im asking ppl for opinions.. i wanna kno whether its reachable.. mid 14s :)