PDA

View Full Version : Why would you get a CIVIC VTIR coupe over a Integra VTIR?!?

William
16-03-2004, 11:55 PM
I just recently bought a civic VTIR coupe and im driving it around....yeah its all good and everything but im thinking to myself. Why wouldnt you get an integra VTIR, it goes faster and probably has the same insurance.
If your thinking that it looks better, it dont make a difference when your IN the car driving. Just wanted to see other peoples views on this and thinking was it a wrong decision to get a civic than an integra

McChook
16-03-2004, 11:58 PM
I agree, but EH, wouldn't buy either myself anymore....

VTEC16
17-03-2004, 12:25 AM
its unique? and subjectively MUCH better looking than a teg.

Dont worry mate....i coulda got a teg vti-r instead of my civic hatch vtir .....i love my car....dont regret it for a second...

William
17-03-2004, 12:27 AM
why wouldnt you buy either?

what car would you buy then mc chook?

McChook
17-03-2004, 12:47 AM
I own a Prelude VTiR - so buying either now would be a stupid step backwards

ginganggooly
17-03-2004, 01:46 AM
I own a Prelude VTiR - so buying either now would be a stupid step backwards
only if you regard faster as backwards ;)

anyway, i cross shopped between the cars and found i enjoyed having a quick fang in the integra more than the others. would have bought the civic vti-r hatch, but the bloke selling it decided to ask for more money when i turned up to buy it- with a bank cheque. then i came across the grey integra...

i still reckon that the civic hatch is the coolest looking. stuff a b18c in there and i'd take it over the integra. any day.

McChook
17-03-2004, 01:50 AM
only a select few VTiRs around can kick my ass... and when the car is finished, there wil be even fewer...

Anyways, civic soupes are made in America. The best hondas are made in Japan, keep that in mind.

Weq
17-03-2004, 02:00 AM
Id defaintly buy a Teggy over a Civic. imo the coupe's look like crap, the hatchs are nice but i need more power then a b16 can provide. How heavy is the teggy actually? how close is a vti-r teg/civic race?

McChook
17-03-2004, 02:02 AM
Teg VTIR has the legs over the civic hatches. Coupes are faster as they are lighter - and feel it too, not as nice to drive IMO. the civic coupe Vs Teg is pretty tight, but teg has the torque and top end.

I am not a coupe fan aeither. teg is much nicer on the eye.

bizee_1
17-03-2004, 02:05 AM
my personal opinon is, it doesn't really matter what car you choose. It's why you chose it.

Some ppl choose according to budgets, looks, performance, comfort or a combination of some or all of the above. [or maybe even other reasons]

And why you chose it, is all you really need to know. Because if you asked me whether i would get a :honda: Civic or :honda: Integra, i will say to go get a '88-'91 :honda: Civic GL, add a bit of power, handling, looks & comfort. And you'd be set.

Although, is that what you want too ?

But, i mostly look at cars this way. For references sake, i'll compare the :honda: EK Civic & :honda: DC2 Integra. You can't copy a cars certain image/looks/styling/shape/chassis totally. (and before someone says you can, mostly in the extreme cases. In a US magazine, i've seen a Honda Accord totally re-built to look like a widebody R34 (http://www.importtuner.com/features/0201it_playinaccord/))
You can enhance a car's looks. But you won't be getting a EK Civic to look like a DC2 Integra. Know what i mean.

On the other hand : performance, handling & comfort of the Civic can be tailored to be like that of a ITR.
You's know what i am getting at.

Anyway...budget allowing, i would have gotten the Integra. Larger car/engine. And i also think the DC2 looks better. (we're talking stock looks here) But that is my opinon, just like art.

edit: gee....snooze a bit & like 5 or 6 posts are made lol.....*hick*

ATSE
17-03-2004, 09:50 AM
Civic Hatch EK4 Kerb Weight = 1105kg
Civic Coupe EM1 Kerb Weight = 1114kg

Hatch is lighter dude... itz common sense... the coupe is longer, hence the added weight.
Teg VTiR vs Civic EK4 is closer than you think... even preludes sometimes have trouble keeping up with them.

[[d a n n y]]
17-03-2004, 09:57 AM
ok this is how it goes

COUPES R the heviest of the civic's even heavier than the SEDAN

HATCH is the lightest

the HATCH will loose to the teg same driver same situation cuz it's just got more power...1.6vs1.8? work it out your self...

and for the prelude VTiR? it is one beefy mother...

i personally dont know how it will go against a TEG or a civic

but thinking it will loose to it as it is much heavier than either model..

guess theres only 1 way to find out

weezer
17-03-2004, 10:13 AM
the 4th Gen lude vti-r would comfortably beat the civic or the teg in a straight line.

fueltank
17-03-2004, 10:25 AM
my personal opinon is, it doesn't really matter what car you choose. It's why you chose it.

Some ppl choose according to budgets, looks, performance, comfort or a combination of some or all of the above. [or maybe even other reasons]

what he said! :P

2ds
17-03-2004, 11:34 AM
You can fit people in the back of the civic last timei checked =)

-2ds

McChook
17-03-2004, 12:45 PM
the 4th Gen lude vti-r would comfortably beat the civic or the teg in a straight line.

5th Gen does it easy. I have done it a few times down the eastern distributer with a guy I worked with. Almost a car length to 120km/h, and about 3 car lengths to 200km/h. We used to drag up and down South Dowling Street and onto the Eastern distributer

4th and 5th Gens are almost the same weight.

joneblaze
17-03-2004, 01:04 PM

5th Gen does it easy. I have done it a few times down the eastern distributer with a guy I worked with. Almost a car length to 120km/h, and about 3 car lengths to 200km/h. We used to drag up and down South Dowling Street and onto the Eastern distributer

4th and 5th Gens are almost the same weight.

Really? interesting...
how did you go against Totti's dc2 vtir those couple of times man? was it drawn or skewed result? I suppose your ED runs would be at a higher speed, top end power etc....

McChook
17-03-2004, 01:22 PM
Totti's run was interesting. I had a 1/2 length or so on him til about 130km/hr, then it went straight past me, and I backed off. I guess the exhaust made the difference, the prelude is quite restrictive in the exhaust department. I also short shifted into 3rd (about 7400rpm, not the 7850 I usually change at) thinking I had him convered. On the downhill run, I think he missed second, or hit the rev limiter in second, but I had a bigger lead anyway. We started that downhill further up the road, so I was doing 210km/hr passing you guys on the side of the road. The Teg's gears are a weird, but they don't get to 180km/hr as easily as the prelude.

totti
17-03-2004, 03:14 PM
im up for a rematch :D

if we both get an even/good launch, it will be even more interesting :D

McChook
17-03-2004, 03:15 PM
Yeah.. WSID tonight??

LOL

Yeah, I'd like a flat surface rmatch actually.... I don't get new tyres til next week. Some Hankook Ventus soft compound rubber should be interesting

VTEC16
17-03-2004, 03:27 PM
You can fit people in the back of the civic last timei checked =)

-2ds

My civic has much more room in the back then the teg. :thumbsup:

tofu R
17-03-2004, 04:00 PM
hehe jon
how did u do against the prelude?

McChook
17-03-2004, 04:01 PM
Jon beat me a few times, but I got him twice...
It'll be interesting once I get the new tyres, and don't smoke up the clutch before we run.

ginganggooly
17-03-2004, 04:46 PM
i'd like to have a run with totti. next meet hey!

A'PEXi
17-03-2004, 06:01 PM
i think the coupes are generally newer than most vtir tegs going around?.... thats one reason id get the ek :D

Civic Type R
17-03-2004, 09:31 PM
you go into a shop and buy 2 Tshirts.
1 red and 1 black.
You go out and have a top nite with the red shirt. Yet you ponder over the 'what could have been' with the black T shirt. Be happy with the decision u have made.
get ma drift.

William
17-03-2004, 11:33 PM
well that wasnt really the case.....i am happy

just that before i bought the cars i didnt think i was such a rev head n stuff then im driving the car around and im always revving the shit out of my car....just wondering what difference in speed i would feel when driving is all.

William
17-03-2004, 11:38 PM
im sure the integra vtir goes alot faster than the civic vtir

i mean the civic vtir can match up with integra GSI man.
10kW + torque makes a big difference!

Civic Type R
18-03-2004, 12:48 PM
most of it is up to the driver.
I have raced seriously with 3 other very good Integra drivers.
One with an LS, another with a GSi and another with a type R

The end result is basically up to how good you launch it and how good u are changing gears. But ... put some corners on the road and the GSi and LS have absolutely chance to the ITR and the civic VTiR !

riceburner
07-09-2006, 08:42 PM
however a jdm b16 in any hatch civic chops ne aus spec b18 teg

rakfint
07-09-2006, 09:07 PM
i've had both an ek civic (hatch) and an Integra... integra feels alot better quality IMO but I loved the civic to death and it served me well!! Performance wise, integra is faster, but I chose it for all the lil things like sunroof seats bla bla