PDA

View Full Version : Have my Shocks Died?

**Ghost**
18-11-2005, 04:45 PM
Hi guys, i'm currently running koni yellow height/damper adjustable, about 80- 100,000km on the shocks themselves.

I've recently changed rear trailing arm bushes already

my symptoms are teh following

1. rattling when going over bumpy roads
2. car is extremely bumpy when going over the smallest of bumps
3. rattling noises when going over uneven roads
4. a scary sound that sounds like.... a bag of canned baked beans been shaked around whenever i go over a big bump in the road
5. generally bad handling

considering the above can i presume my shockers are dead and i need to get them rebuilt?

Zdster
18-11-2005, 05:07 PM
Any liquid leaking out of them Garry?

DLO01
18-11-2005, 05:09 PM
Don't think that your shocks mate. Sound more like something is loose. Does the car bounce more that usual. Is it a smooth a ride as usual or more bouncy? Any leaks from the shocks?

bennjamin
18-11-2005, 05:23 PM
more info ? do u have an aftermarket swaybar or aftermarket springs ?

I would just jack teh car up , take out all sussy and check each shock for leaks and compression + check subframe etc too. Good luck -

**Ghost**
18-11-2005, 07:40 PM
no liquid leaks as far as i have noticed

its not that something is loose, the whole car feels "loose" all of a sudden and i havent ever crashed or banged or scraped my car... except my front lip outta the driveway if u want to include that...

i have aftermarket springs (koni) and no aftermarket swaybar

the whole car is rattling rattling rattling... i'm chanigng back to OEM shockers to see if that helps...

kenshin
18-11-2005, 07:46 PM
mine sounds like the same...

sounds like its coming from inside the chasis thou...

will take it to pedders to get it checked out when i have time...

baggins
18-11-2005, 08:24 PM
my shocks are gone.. i know cos my car bounces everytime i go over a bump

**Ghost**
18-11-2005, 09:44 PM
i'm experiencing same thing as kenshin and baggins... sigh... does neone know whether it would be the shocks or the springs?