PDA

View Full Version : What Shocks can I get for Civic Vi Hatch ?

Vtiboy
20-11-2005, 12:44 AM
Hello! I have got a 2001 7th Gen Civic Vi Hatch (EU3)

I wanna get a full suspension system (spring and shocks) for my car. I have already got Eibach Sportline for the springs. In regard to shocks, Just wondering if there is anything available besides Knoi yellow (coz it required to reuse my OEM struts , but I wanna keep my stockies).

I looked at the US 7th Gen website, but i doubt if those will suit my car, as they don't have the Hatch version in state.

Does anyone know if there is anything from Tein or other brand ? Thanks!

bennjamin
20-11-2005, 12:47 AM
... In regard to shocks, Just wondering if there is anything available besides Knoi yellow (coz it required to reuse my OEM struts , but I wanna keep my stockies).

Koni yellows only use your stock suspension TOPS - everythign else comes with the new shock. Good combo !

Apart from that , try researching TOCIKO , KONI reds , KYB , TEIN BASIC , WHITELINE etc etc

sivic
20-11-2005, 02:29 PM
most after market shock struts will require the use of your OEM strut tops.
you wont be tearing your originals apart or anything. if you get Koni's you will still be able to reuse your originals

Vtiboy
21-11-2005, 12:39 AM
Thanks for your replies my friends!

I looked at the Koni website, it stated that it required to cut the factory damper. Special McPherson strut insert bolted into O.E. housing after cutting top and removing old internal parts.

http://www.koni-na.com/pdf/boltstrut.pdf

Does anyone know what's that mean ? Thanks!! :)

bennjamin
21-11-2005, 01:06 PM
all you need to "cut" is the factory bumpstop ( abit of rubber) - and maybe trim the factory shock sleeve to fit the new larger shock thread.

SHU-ES1
14-09-2009, 10:59 AM
reving an old thread. does anyone know if i can put standard ep3 shocks into a civic vi? i can get my hands on the shocks and tie rods/ends for it. also, are the springs interchangable as well? cheers!