PDA

View Full Version : K & N Pod Filter and Airbox

GreekWarrior
20-11-2005, 10:51 PM
Hey guys, I'm getting a K&N pod filter for my 94 integra gsi and I was wondering is it better to remove the airbox or to keep it?

If I do keep the airbox is there some way I can modify it to increase airflow and have colder air going into the engine as well as increase induction noise.

I was searching around this forum and I found a thread that had this pod filter, I'm assuming this would be the k&n pod for my integra.

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=E-2427

But would this one fit too?

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=57-3506

Thanking you in advance, my honda bothers. :thumbsup:

BiGANG
21-11-2005, 09:38 AM
thats the right pod for your car buddy. I wouldnt take away the airbox because the exposed pod in the engine bay will be more likely to hinder the performance or your teg. If i were you take the front bar off. measure the diameter of the hole going down to the front and modify your box with some pvc piping or even that flexible accordion style stuff. And while the bar is off, remove the resonator, should be louder then.

GreekWarrior
21-11-2005, 02:25 PM
thats the right pod for your car buddy. I wouldnt take away the airbox because the exposed pod in the engine bay will be more likely to hinder the performance or your teg. If i were you take the front bar off. measure the diameter of the hole going down to the front and modify your box with some pvc piping or even that flexible accordion style stuff. And while the bar is off, remove the resonator, should be louder then.

Cool thanks dude :thumbsup: , also how much power would this pod filter give me? I'm guessing acouple of hp?

Sorry for being a dumb ass but where and what does the resonator look like?

BiGANG
21-11-2005, 02:45 PM
i dont know about how much power you will get, but it'll feel better. The resonator is a big plastic bottle looking thing behind your front bar. Its there to make your intake quieter. Sort of like a orange juice bottle but more or a cube shape

mr_mojo02
21-11-2005, 03:04 PM
just be aware dude.. an exposed filter is a defect, where as if u have the box its legal

BiGANG
21-11-2005, 03:18 PM
just be aware dude.. an exposed filter is a defect, where as if u have the box its legal

the filter he bought is a in box replacement. No Problems :)

GreekWarrior
21-11-2005, 04:39 PM

Damn thanks dude I didn't know that. :thumbsup:

I've seen heaps of people with exposed filters so I didn't think they were a defect. :o

the filter he bought is a in box replacement. No Problems :)

Well I haven't acually bought it yet. :p

locote
21-11-2005, 07:51 PM
dont have it exposed, i know for a fact you wont gain power!!
had it on the dyno with and with out.
i have a CAI in mine so that was the main difference

OZ#227
21-11-2005, 08:24 PM
As everyone else said "Keep the box". I use the first filter you showed, in the OEM Box. Don't know the power gains, very slight.

Beware of removing the resonator. Sure disconnect it, drive around and see if you like it. Pay close attention to the way the car now feels when you go on (or off) the gas. See how the car is'nt as smooth. If you don't care, then remove it. If the jerkyness of it gives you the $hits, you can just connect it back-up.

I laught at people that say the resonator does nothing. It doesn't do much, just smooth-out throttle on/off responce.

Later :thumbsup: